Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 14-06-2012, 03:07 AM
shakshi

Teachings of the Divine Master 1

namaste all,
I am now clear how this forum works. People who wish to deride another's post because it differs, or contradicts, or quite simply wasn't thought of by them, do their utmost to undermine that particular post. Whilst I am not averse to healthy spiritual debate, a lot of the derision I received in my last series of posts was aimed at me personally in classical ad hominem style, and thus I've concluded that such person's who choose to debate in that way are grounded in ego-mind, which has led me to conclude that in future I will not discuss contra-arguments to the teachings of the Divine Master in the same thread as the teachings. I've found that doing that just presents a major diversion from getting the Divine Master's message of love and eternal life across, and that to me is far more important than arguing with detractors (and you know who you are, please, take note!)

The teachings of the Divine Master are extracts from an upcoming book I'm writing probably of the same name, and they are direct conversations, or lectures that I have either personally listened to in His presence, or have had a reliable source listen to as my proxy.

The teachings relate to the path of yoga termed bhakti, or the yoga of love. They are based on the Bhagavad Gita, and by following this path of yoga, it is my claim, that persons will eradicate desire, will conquer the mind's delusion, and will arrive, sooner or later depending on the amount of realisation, at the pure, free, unconditionally loving self. I am not, I reiterate going to argue these discussions with people who are neither practitioners of bhakti, or are practitioners of the advaitin school which is diametrically opposed to bhakti. If you are such a person, and wish to discuss what you perceive as fault with the Divine Master's teachings, then I humbly suggest you start your own thread.

In this thread, I will only answer genuine spiritual enquiry related directly to the topic at hand.

Sri Radhe
Shakshi

I am going to discuss some preamble to understanding the mind. The mind forms but one of the 24 elements of prakriti (primary substance) that the universe is composed of. The fact that the mind appears localised is due to the effect of maya, or the delusionary veil that covers the pure, free self. When a conditioned self (henceforth referred to as jiva) misidentifies the delusory impression created within the mind as the self, then the mind's localisation is born (for want of a better word). The mind then perpetuates delusion, processing information received via the indriya (the senses) and in effect projects a semblance of reality within the mind, which then is mistaken due to lack of knowledge, as "reality". Once a seeker begins to question the impressions the mind fabricates, they then are ready to move beyond the mind to deeper levels of self. The mind of course precipitates action (karma) which then, like a spider's web, entangles the jiva deeper and deeper into the labyrinth of delusion, such that non-truth statements such as I am American/French/caucasian/Hindu/Muslim/Christian/Jewish/agnostic/atheistic and even male/female become cemented into the mind, though of course the jiva is none of these things. The Gita slowly reveals how the jiva can extricate itself from the mesh of delusion it finds itself in, and which of course is disrupted (not ended, of course) at death. The particularity of a jiva's entanglement at death will simply be replayed in the next reincarnation of that jiva, as determined by the various agents who control the laws of karma. The process of freedom (moksha) is one by which the mind can be transcended and reality can be discerned from delusion.

I am going to discuss verse 27, fourth chapter of the Gita:

"Other yogis offer the activities of all their senses and life-airs (prana) into the fire of the controlled self, which is illumined by knowledge".

The Divine Master explains: "The mind is completely dissolved by the pure self, as are the senses, the intelligence, and the life-airs. The understanding is that there is one pure soul in all that exists, and that the mind and so on, do not have any real existence".

Here the Divine Master points out that what we take to be factual, is all just phantasmagoria. However, the jiva is so convinced that it is real, it formulates plans and accumulates possessions, and makes relationships in a realm that is non-factual. This then must lead to disappointment, as all the accumulations are lost at some further point in time. By knowledge, one can realise the futility of such activities, and such a yogi, moves beyond that region of mind wherein attachment is grounded, and seeks to detach themselves from such experience knowing that they only ultimately compound one's suffering.
Sri Rama
Shakshi
Old 14-06-2012, 03:54 AM
Sybilline

Hi Shakshi,

I am unfamiliar with some of the terms, but the things you stated certainly sound very good to me, especially this:
Quote:
what we take to be factual, is all just phantasmagoria. However, the jiva is so convinced that it is real, it formulates plans and accumulates possessions, and makes relationships in a realm that is non-factual. This then must lead to disappointment, as all the accumulations are lost at some further point in time.

Lovely thoughts.
Old 14-06-2012, 04:43 AM
Present

Namaste Sri Radhe Shakshi!

Thank you for posting these teachings!

Om Shanti,
Present
Old 14-06-2012, 05:12 AM
shakshi

namaste Present, nice to meet you here again:)
praying all is well in your Divine consciousness!
I am going to just keep posting the teachings of the Divine Master so that all can benefit from one who loves unconditionally, and that is what all jiva in this world are looking for, unconditional love:)
love and peace,
Shakshi
Old 14-06-2012, 07:08 AM
shakshi

thanks Sybilline for your comments, I appreciate that you have found resonance with the teachings of the Divine Master. I am certain that his guidance will lead all jiva to eternal life and a place in the Divine Love realm of the emancipated.
Please feel free to discuss further points as you so wish,
best in your search for freedom,
Shakshi