Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Knower
1: 26 Genesis

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.

Us and Our would mean more than one person created man??

Old 16-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Gracey

i asked this question to several different christian friends, they all responded that jesus was with god when the world was created.
Old 16-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
i asked this question to several different christian friends, they all responded that jesus was with god when the world was created.

I have heard that Adam was the first human life of Jesus. Then on the other hand I belief Adam was created out of a part of the Greek deity Apollo, who was first hatched out of the Divine source of the Cosmos as the Titan Hyperion after the world was created, yet still long before the first humans.
Old 16-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver
I have heard that Adam was the first human life of Jesus. Then on the other hand I belief Adam was created out of a part of the Greek deity Apollo, who was first hatched out of the Divine source of the Cosmos as the Titan Hyperion after the world was created, yet still long before the first humans.

life is funny, everything (history) seems to go in spirals. the original truth and then all the cultural variations of a theme through out time.
Old 16-07-2012, 05:49 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOverMatter
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.

Us and Our would mean more than one person created man??

The Plural pronouns us and our being used refer to Elohim. In Genesis 1:26 Hebrew grammarians tell us that the plural pronouns in the passage are a grammatical necessity. The plural pronoun us is required by the plural ending of Elohim. One demands the other.

One God in Three Persons -- God is one and only one in His essence, but He is three in His persons. Person reveals who He is, and essence refers to what He is. So, The Trinity is not three whos in one who, but three in one what. The NT reveals that Jesus is God. Jesus himself is the agent of Creation (John 1:3). It is equally important to understand and know God is absolutely One, and the plural form is not meant to indicate more than one God.

Deuteronomy 6:4: Hear O Israel: The Lord our God [Elohim], the Lord is one." Isaiah 43:11 "I, I am the Lord, and besides me there is no savior," Titus 2:13, Jesus is "our great God and Savior"
Old 16-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Master
In Genesis also, Abraham recognized the three strangers (angels) who came to his encampment, as, "God".
The Lord.
These same three werethe ones who continued on to Sodom to personally experience the evil therein, and, to rescue Abrahams nephew, Lot, and his family, before the destruction of the city.

-On Angels:

http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/descension/

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Animus27

In the creation of adam the pronoun used for God is Elohim, which is a plural. Christians interpret it as being supportive of the Trinity, while Jews see it as reference to God's splendor. But from a sociological approach, the word Elohim is a cognate for the pantheon of Canaanite gods (with the god El being one of the major gods, and by some assertions, the god of Abraham that was later identified with Yahweh). Thus, one can see the use of Elohim as being a remnant of when the Hebrews were polytheistic, later being reinterpreted to fit in with monotheistic or triune conceptions of divinity.
Old 16-07-2012, 08:10 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
In the creation of adam the pronoun used for God is Elohim, which is a plural. Christians interpret it as being supportive of the Trinity, while Jews see it as reference to God's splendor. But from a sociological approach, the word Elohim is a cognate for the pantheon of Canaanite gods (with the god El being one of the major gods, and by some assertions, the god of Abraham that was later identified with Yahweh). Thus, one can see the use of Elohim as being a remnant of when the Hebrews were polytheistic, later being reinterpreted to fit in with monotheistic or triune conceptions of divinity.

Christians believe in the Trinity because the concept is clearly within the pages of Scripture which is utterly different from triad patheon religious systems constituted as polytheism. There are similarities and there are distinctions.

In one of my books, there is a commentary on the Torah. The view of Elohim was held by myself until I came to a fuller understanding of the Trinity. Now I can't deny the Trinity when even reading verses 1-3 in Genesis.
Old 16-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
There are similarities and there are distinctions.

The distinctions lies within the words of a being (Yahweh) who have never been worthy of being called God. Have no one ever wondered why the world is not better by the hands of a being like Yahweh and all his angel minions that are so strong. Have the thought never occured to any that the Earth is in this shape because that is how they want it. I am deep involved in the Elemental (otherkin) community and the group that want to eradicate humanity rises by the day and gets harder to calm. They are mad because many humans worship those beings that are destroying Earth instead of they who are children of Earth.
Old 16-07-2012, 09:02 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver
The distinctions lies within the words of a being (Yahweh) who have never been worthy of being called God. Have no one ever wondered why the world is not better by the hands of a being like Yahweh and all his angel minions that are so strong. Have the thought never occured to any that the Earth is in this shape because that is how they want it. I am deep involved in the Elemental (otherkin) community and the group that want to eradicate humanity rises by the day and gets harder to calm. They are mad because many humans worship those beings that are destroying Earth instead of they who are children of Earth.

Isaiah 65:15.