Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 08-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Altair

Why is it difficult for my spirit guides to visit me in my dreams?

I have been asking my spirit guides to come meet me in my dreams last year a few times and now again this year a few more times. I figured also to do my 'test' to my spirit guides to see if they are hearing me by asking them to visit me in my dreams and offer some guidance during a difficult time in my life. But alas, they do not show up I keep reading how many experience spirit guides in their dreams and I am wondering am I doing something wrong or it is difficult for them to venture into my dreams which I thought it was suppose to be easier for them to do such a thing. I even wrote on a piece of paper to my subconscious and asked it to please let my spirit guides into my dreams and placed it under my pillow. I have also tried right before falling asleep to call out to them to visit me when I am dreaming.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you!
Old 08-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Master

Set the clock for an hour earlier than you have to so you can wake up and then go to sleep again. In my experience it is during light sleep that spirit visits happen or are remembered.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Master

It happens when you least expect it in my experience, when I go to bed late or have to get up early with plans of sleep they come,they have no sense of timing and just do it when they feel you need that message.

Maybe you already know the answers you seek deep down and they do not feel they need to reaffirm it, making you more reliant on your own intuition.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:50 PM
earthatic

Maybe it can help to become lucid while dreaming, then try calling out for them and see what happens.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Master
I'll copy and paste my reply to a similar topic:

My understanding is that your dreams are produced by your subconscious, and since you produce your dreams, it's a bit of a challenge for guides to incorporate "themselves" into your dream. I'm sure there are people out there who may be visited regularly by guides in dreams, but it may be because it's easier in their case for their guides to break the "barrier," so to speak.

It's kind of like directing a film but not having the right actors. If you're the writer, your subconscious can be considered the director - it calls the shots. And if the director feels as though your guides aren't good enough actors/actresses for a particular scene, it'll omit them.

I haven't seen any of my guides in dreams since meeting my life guide back in May of 2010. And I've asked regularly to see them. But when I ask questions about something, I usually find my answers within the dream... because it's much easier to incorporate the subtle energies of answers into dreams rather than the significant energies of full-on spirits... if that makes sense.

But like I said - this doesn't apply to everyone. But those who are spiritually aware usually don't need dream visits because they can see/hear their guides in waking life.

Now I notice you say you've been requesting your subconscious to allow your guides "in," but when you consider the true purpose of sleep and dreams, it's actually quite difficult for guides and angels to enter your dream "world." Dreaming not only has us processing information from our day, but has us reviewing and considering lessons, problem areas, and fears that affect us in our lives. It's our own personal "life review," programmed for us.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Trieah

Contrary to popular belief, it's not always as easy for spirits to always read our thoughts, or be able to get inside our dreaming minds. Mostly this is due to our individual free will. I've actually had spirit guides ask me if everything was ok, because I would "go silent" on them to where I didn't want them reading my thoughts. So, the more free will you have, and the better you are able to control your own mind, the harder it is for them to get inside your head.

Many times, I've heard several of my guides and Angels saying how difficult it is to get inside my dreams. They say I have so many safeguards in place, it's like having to break into a maximum security vault. I pretty much have to will myself into allowing them access. But the problem is then, that even though I do know it is someone not of my mind's own creation, I still have trouble interacting with them the way I would like, because it is as Evaah says, that your mind is the director. So your free will once again takes over, and there is only so much they can do without violating that law of free will. When I actually do get spirit visitors inside my dreams, they kind of get stuck having to merge with what ever my dream is about, and can't quite break out of that role they had been cast in, limiting their actions with me.

So it's not always as easy as some people make it sound. But don't give up hope either.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Ascender
I have to agree on Trieah and Evaah. I would rarely get them to come into my dream and me be aware of it. And when they do comein normaly they are in costums. So this is one the resions I dont bother them about cominginto my dreams though I would ask them but a lot of the time if they did show up, I wouldnt know. The best time to do this though is whe your lucid. I have called them many times while Im lucid and it works! And its quite a amazing experance to.

Bless Be<3
Old 09-04-2012, 12:00 AM
santacruz18

I am glad I read this thread. I too, have been asking for my guides to come to my dreams. But my dreams are so convoluted, how would I know if they tried to come to my dreams. Many times I already recognize people in my dreams from my real life. I don't believe it has happened yet. I feel the energy when I meditate (and sometimes I don't need to meditate to feel them) I just don't hear them much. (yet)
Old 09-04-2012, 12:42 AM
Master
Altair... Dreams are only one way our guides may contact us, and it may not be the best one for you. When we have expectations about how to reach them it can block other ways they want to use. If it were me I would ask them to show me what to do, and stay open to what shows up pretty soon about that.

Here are two articles about other methods:

Contacting Spirit Guides & Angels - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=99765#post99765

Creative ways to communicate with your guides - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21216

Xan

Old 09-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Air

Lots of great info here, I find all of it matches up to my experiences as well. My dreams have always been full of subconscious gunk, so to speak, so I wouldn't be able to tell what's guided or what isn't. And I'm already terrible at remembering them, ha.

So you'll probably have more success with different methods unless you really want to work at breaking that "barrier" when it comes to spiritual contact through dreams. Who knows, it might get easier when you ease up on it a bit.