Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-10-2011, 02:18 PM
hebo

Lack of sleep paralysis...

I think in almost every book I have read about OBE's they always mention the
sleep paralysis state just before one exits their body.
Well I have never experience sleep paralysis although I have experienced OBE many times. And before I can leave my body I have never felt any difficutly in moving any parts of it or in just standing up. Since I haven't read anywhere about whether it is necessary for a sleep paralysis to occur before separation I wanted to ask you folks....

Do you always have sleep paralysis before you get out of your physical body?
Old 27-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Master

Most of the time I do not get sleep paralysis before I leave my body. I used to get sleep paralysis a long time ago but not anymore.
Old 27-10-2011, 10:38 PM
omcasey

Hi hebo,

The phenomena which accompany OBEs can be extensive. Where one's awareness comes in when shifting is not always the same, and, this said, the awareness often tunes in predominantly to the phenomena in which it is most interested. The rest becomes background. In turn, even the state from which any one given phenomena is experienced can vary. Giving different flavors to the very same phenomena. I have experienced sleep paralysis in a variety of ways.

At first, it was a light but noticeable sensation during meditation, that felt a bit like being buried under the sand. Like at the ocean, like you'd do to yourself when playing around as a kid. From here it evolved into something I'd call 'stasis', which is ecstatic. The most unbelievably beautiful sensation from which I felt I never wanted to move. It was more like this. I literally COULD not move from it, it was so beautiful. Only years later, when I wanted to help someone going through the stronger, more physical version of the phenomena that I experienced it in this way for the first time.

I felt I could help the person more if I experienced SP this way myself, and transmuted any fear that arose in me through the process. As each of us transmutes fear within our own mind/body systems the phenomena gets easier for the rest. This is my motivation for staying conscious through alot of the shift phenomena. And making my way through any fears. Others can then subconsciously tap into how it was accomplished here and route fear through the same or similar pathways. We are all in some way doing this work. Highly rewarding. This said, the more physically experienced SP for me is a doozy. Transmuting fear on this one will take some time. Right now I am on a rest break. Perhaps indefinitely, who knows . We do what we can.

Does this help?
Old 28-10-2011, 11:09 AM
hebo

Yes, it helps... thanks for the info! So I guess sleep paralysis is just something that just tags along with sleep and not OBE's.
Though I'm amazed by the fact that sleep paralysis is such a regular phenomenon in our community while not so in everywhere else.
Perhaps the sleep paralysis state is what helped most of those people discover Astral Projection as it is a suitable condition for it to occur.
Old 28-10-2011, 08:21 PM
omcasey

Oh good!, you're welcome.

Sleep, sleep paralysis, OBEs, APs, LDs they are all related. Once the conscious mind, the person, or personality you know as you (hebo) begins remaining awake and lucid through the threshold into sleep then inevitably it comes across many junctures while in there. Sleep paralysis, in the many ways it can be experienced provides a certain torque for some travelers (yes I agree!), making it easy for them to slip out of the physical into the non-physical. It is a signpost they easily recognize, saying 'hey I can go this way or that way', into dream or a conscious OBE/AP/LD. For others it is a fear barrier, which they can't get through until their fear is dealt with. As it should be. Definitely don't want to be awake and lucid and full of fear beyond this particular juncture. Many people who experience SP will forget the event well before rising in the morning. Like a dream it will just fade into the waaay back of their mind.