Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 23-05-2024, 10:30 AM
Seeker

The Secrets of Skinwalker Ranch

Not a film but a series on Discovery Channel (I didnt see a place for TV so to speak). I'm trying to figure out how much of this is real and how much is tv trying to make a reality show out of the mythology.

I know the legends and mythology around the ranch have been long standing. I read about it before there was ever a show. I think the crossover between what could be "magic" and "science" is intriguing.

But some of this show is just laughable.

The company that owns the ranch is called the Adimantium Corp. Adimantium is a made up metal created by writers at Marvel Comics in the 70s.

The head of the company looks and acts like a cheesy 80s sci-fi movie villain.

The lead scientist is this goofy blond with a southern drawl who always looks like he just brunt himself in a tanning booth.

The head of security is nicknamed Dragon and looks like the kid at school that used to bring nun-chucks in his back pack to show how cool he was.

The screensavers they use is a bio hazard symbol.

There's an alien head symbol on the gate to the ranch.

If anyone watches another show on Discovery called The Curse of Oak Island you'll know what kind of production value and story telling elements they use to draw out the information and make it into seasons. I just don't think they have the same gravity here as Oak Island and they tried too hard to make up for it in order to draw in viewers.

Yet... I still watch it because the science and the information they present (if true and not fabricated) is very interesting.
Old 23-05-2024, 09:11 PM
Master

From what I've read, it's all made up. None of it is real.
Old 24-05-2024, 01:50 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
From what I've read, it's all made up. None of it is real.

The goofiness of the show or the myths and legends all together?

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of things were fabricated in the name of entertainment. There's always going to be a small part of me that hopes some of it is true. Just a sliver.
Old 25-05-2024, 01:02 AM
Master

All of it. None of it is real.
Old 26-05-2024, 05:54 AM
Master
I read a bit on this and came to the conclusion there was certainly a bit of truth in it but the TV shows were creating big long drawn out stories from a small amount of substance(perhaps if you intensively study any area on Earth you could discover anomalies)
I also noticed there's a show 'Beyond Skinwalker'which I think is a different ranch and Blind Frog Ranch is yet another.
Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
I also noticed there's a show 'Beyond Skinwalker' which I think is a different ranch and Blind Frog Ranch is yet another.

If I remember right Blind Frog Ranch isnt far from Skinwalker Ranch. The original idea behind that show was that there could be ancient Mayan treasure hidden under the mesa on their ranch more than any specific supernatural element.

Beyond Skinwalker Ranch has a team going out and finding other supernatural phenomenon elsewhere that may or may not relate to what happens on the ranch.

Both of those shows are better executed than Skinwalker but it doesnt stop me from watching when there's nothing else on tv.