Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 09-02-2011, 03:37 AM
kimmery

Are chakras a part of reiki?

Some say 'Yes' - But then I read this

"...It is also a common misconception that the chakras are a part of Reiki. They are not. The chakras are a part of Vedic philosophy which come from India. Reiki is based largely on Chinese influence, with Reiki being influenced heavily from Chinese Traditional Medicine and their energy system - which includes the Tan Tien and the Meridians. Traditional Reiki techniques are very similar to Kiko techniques (kiko is the Japanese form of Chinese Traditional Qi gung). This misinformation, that is very common in todays Western Reiki systems, was added to Reiki in the 1980's by an American man named Arthur Robertson, who incidently invented the first 'Tibetan Reiki' style too. The chakra system is a foreign energy system to Japanese thought (being Indian in origin - derived from the Pali language - cakra), and, differs greatly from the Chinese Traditional medicine system of energy introduced to Japan between the 7-9th centuries. The Japanese dont even have Kanji script for the word Chakra."

Pleople confuse me. I read something totally different on other sites and youtube.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:29 AM
AngelBreeze

Hi Kimmery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmery

"...It is also a common misconception that the chakras are a part of Reiki. They are not. The chakras are a part of Vedic philosophy which come from India. Reiki is based largely on Chinese influence, with Reiki being influenced heavily from Chinese Traditional Medicine and their energy system - which includes the Tan Tien and the Meridians. Traditional Reiki techniques are very similar to Kiko techniques (kiko is the Japanese form of Chinese Traditional Qi gung). This misinformation, that is very common in todays Western Reiki systems, was added to Reiki in the 1980's by an American man named Arthur Robertson, who incidently invented the first 'Tibetan Reiki' style too. The chakra system is a foreign energy system to Japanese thought (being Indian in origin - derived from the Pali language - cakra), and, differs greatly from the Chinese Traditional medicine system of energy introduced to Japan between the 7-9th centuries. The Japanese dont even have Kanji script for the word Chakra."

Pleople confuse me. I read something totally different on other sites and youtube.

Warm greetings, Kimmery!

Chakras are of course part of the etheric energy body which can be seen by some clairvoyants. In the West there are seven major chakras and some minor ones. In the East there are a lot more. Each chakra vibrates at its own rate and its own color ranging much like the spectrum of the rainbow.

In Reiki, the chakras do play an important role inasmuch as they are aligned with and are part of the energy body and some of its meridians. A Reiki master or practitioner places their hands lightly on or over the major chakras and could include some minor ones as well. And since Reiki works to move misqualified energy that can be blocked in the chakras they are thus touched by Reiki in the course of its work.That is the basic connection here.

So, the bottom line is that you will find a myriad of answers since each belief system is different as it relates to the chakras and Reiki. And since the word is Sanskrit it is not always easily understood in this country or even other countries outside of those who work with them the most.

Thank you for your question and have a wonderful day!

Old 09-02-2011, 01:32 PM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmery

"...It is also a common misconception that the chakras are a part of Reiki. They are not. "
The text you quote is correct. Chakras are not part of the original Reiki.
The mystique and fantasy around Reiki has reached such proportions that a discussion based on rational and critical thought is now impossible.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:07 PM
aKuna

Reiki is a healing modality of the energy bodies......thus it encompasses the energy points which are chakras and there are many more than the seven main.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Enya

Chakras as a concept are not taught as part of traditional Usui Reiki. That' why I don't include them in my teachings - just the simple Reiki, ma'am...
Old 09-02-2011, 05:55 PM
AngelBreeze

The Chakras and Reiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
Warm greetings, Kimmery!

Chakras are of course part of the etheric energy body which can be seen by some clairvoyants. In the West there are seven major chakras and some minor ones. In the East there are a lot more. Each chakra vibrates at its own rate and its own color ranging much like the spectrum of the rainbow.

In Reiki, the chakras do play an important role inasmuch as they are aligned with and are part of the energy body and some of its meridians. A Reiki master or practitioner places their hands lightly on or over the major chakras and could include some minor ones as well. And since Reiki works to move misqualified energy that can be blocked in the chakras they are thus touched by Reiki in the course of its work.That is the basic connection here.

So, the bottom line is that you will find a myriad of answers since each belief system is different as it relates to the chakras and Reiki. And since the word is Sanskrit it is not always easily understood in this country or even other countries outside of those who work with them the most.

Thank you for your question and have a wonderful day!

Warm greetings to everyone!

Just so there won't be any misunderstandings in my answer, the question Kimmery asked was "Are chakras a part of reiki?"

My answer states that the chakras play an important role and that there is a basic connection here because there is. However, as to a direct answer insomuch as saying Yes! chakras are an unequivocal, direct part of Reiki, I have not stated.

I do not believe that anyone who practices Reiki can deny that the chakras do play an important role when Reiki is done. So, even though chakras may not directly be a PART of Reiki, it cannot also be denied that they are influenced by Reiki energy in the course of a session or attunement/initiation. It is therefore in that context that I give my answer.

Blessings to ALL!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Enya

You know Angelbreeze, you're right... I was taught not to include the chakras because that system originates in India, but whether you choose to call them chakras or energy centres, you still have to put the symbols into them when attuning... Duh....
Old 10-02-2011, 12:14 AM
AngelBreeze

Reiki and the chakras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
You know Angelbreeze, you're right... I was taught not to include the chakras because that system originates in India, but whether you choose to call them chakras or energy centres, you still have to put the symbols into them when attuning... Duh....

Warm greetings, Enya!

Since I was also taught traditionally, my teachers did not stress the chakras but gave a brief overview of them in relation to the energy that interfaces during a Reiki session or initiation. I prefer to call them "energy centers" since we are in the West and that is my preferential name but find that people in forums such as these are more aligned to the word "chakra" thus that is what I use in connection with energy centers.

Thanks for your comment, Enya. Have a Blessed day filled with Light!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:02 AM
pre-dawn

Usui, being Japanese would have had no reason to use the Indian Chakra model of energy distribution and connections when he had the perfectly sound meridian model of Traditional Chinese Medicine as part of his native culture.

It would not make sense for him to use a foreign culture based energy model which would require explanations and possibly evoke suspicion and resistance from the people he was working with.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:23 AM
AngelBreeze

Chakras and Reiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Usui, being Japanese would have had no reason to use the Indian Chakra model of energy distribution and connections when he had the perfectly sound meridian model of Traditional Chinese Medicine as part of his native culture.

It would not make sense for him to use a foreign culture based energy model which would require explanations and possibly evoke suspicion and resistance from the people he was working with.

Hi pre-dawn,

Yes, I can agree that Dr. Usui might not have wanted to use the foreign culture of chakras with Reiki inasmuch as it could foster suspicion as you say, but that is not to say that he did not know that Reiki also worked on the energy system (chakras) whether he chose to publicly call it 'chakras' or not.

But today, most everyone knows that Reiki goes deep inside the body and etheric system where the chakras are located so that while masters of the Usui System may not teach that the chakras are an actual part of Reiki, there can be no denying that Reiki does interact with the chakras or energy system.

Have a great day!