Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 10-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Experiencer
9 of Cups as advice?

I am intrigued by 9 of Cups but don't know enough about Tarot to analyze it correctly. I've seen it commonly referred to as the "wish card" or that things will come to fruition.

But, how would you interpret getting 9 of cups as the advice or outcome card?
The question was basically If I was making the right decision about letting go of a certain direction in life and saying goodbye to the past?
Perhaps that if I follow that direction things will be well? Or that I should think with my heart instead of my head?

I also had Knight of Wands as the consequences card..
Any thoughts on interpretations? thanks.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Master
9 of cups as advice: accept the responsibility of what it is you want, your wish, and make sure you know what you REALLY want; also take caution that you don't bask so much in your success that you push others away or cause them to envy you.

as an outcome: the odds are stacked in your favour for your wish coming true, but there's a warning to not count your chickens before they hatch.

as for the knight of wands, do you mean consequences as in, like, a blockage? or the outcome? as a blockage card it means that you're infatuated with something or someone who basically won't be there for you long term, or that your strong desire for that something or someone is somehow working against you. as future/outcome, it advises you to be prepared for excitement, probably involving travel or some other kind of adventure, carefree people coming into your life, and enjoying the extremes of energy that knights always represent (in this case, being talkative but a braggart, confident but vain, charming but insensitive, etc).
Old 10-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
9 of cups as advice: accept the responsibility of what it is you want, your wish, and make sure you know what you REALLY want; also take caution that you don't bask so much in your success that you push others away or cause them to envy you.

as an outcome: the odds are stacked in your favour for your wish coming true, but there's a warning to not count your chickens before they hatch.

as for the knight of wands, do you mean consequences as in, like, a blockage? or the outcome? as a blockage card it means that you're infatuated with something or someone who basically won't be there for you long term, or that your strong desire for that something or someone is somehow working against you. as future/outcome, it advises you to be prepared for excitement, probably involving travel or some other kind of adventure, carefree people coming into your life, and enjoying the extremes of energy that knights always represent (in this case, being talkative but a braggart, confident but vain, charming but insensitive, etc).

Thank you. I think I understand better now.
So perhaps in regards of if letting go of this is the right thing to do, it's asking to make sure I know what I really want before doing so? Because I didn't really ask about some wish coming true, although its in my subconscious.

The consequences card was an outcome card as in which way things will be going/what will happen when I decide which route to go.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:36 AM
Deactivated Account

Just adding another perspective. 9 of cups is also about Material fulfillment, desiring the physical possession. Look at the next card, it's the ten of cups, which represents spiritual fulfillment(ultimate happiness, joy, blessings)
Traditionally , 9 of cups is suggestive to wishful thinking. Your looking at all options and physical possibilities, but more of material possession( aka the having of it)

I could see wish fulfilled if a knight of cups was delivering it to you, that is mr.love/ emotional man(lol). The knight of wands is more a fiery character who thrives on challenge. Not to mention he carries a long hot stick *cough*. Could also indicate swift action as far as the energy aroumd you

Do you Think this would be a relationship that would be based more on sex or erratic behavior if you didn't let go? Something to ponder.