Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 11-01-2014, 01:22 AM
Deactivated Account
The Hanged Man Reversed?

Hello, I hope everyone is doing well.

I did my monthly tarot card reading, and how I do it is: the first card I draw is for the whole month, and the next 4 cards represent each week. So, the card that represented the overall month was the hanged man reversed, the 1st card/month was 3 of wands, 2nd card/month was 4 of wands, 3rd card/month was 6 of wands, and the 4th card/month was the Chariot.

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the hanged man reversed, and I was wondering if anyone could help me understand it, please? If anyone has any questions, or want me to clarify anything, please let me know! Thank you!
Old 11-01-2014, 05:09 AM
Master

Hello Kore_wa_sensou

The Hanged Man reversed can mean that you're no longer hung up over something; or that you are released from something. Try not to be rigid in your thinking, although stabilizing your thoughts would be beneficial to you.

When this card is reversed it may mean you're not "showing your hand" - in other words perhaps keeping something hidden from view (behind your back). There could be some things you had wanted to accomplish but don't get them done. However, having said that, the 3 Wands usually indicates that things are put into motion so that tells me that you will overcome the inertia that the Hanged Man can represent. The 3 W is a very positive card and indicates that you will take charge of things and get organized, make plans, etc. And this momentum will continue into the next week, I would think, as the 4W is another very positive card and often brings with it a sense of achievement.

And, of course, the 6 W is known as the "victory card" - so - another good week for you and the Chariot is a great card for positive movement in your life.

I would say - enjoy a great month

Jenny Crow
Old 11-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Pamuya

There are a few ways that I read reversed cards, one is the opposite of its upright meaning, or the energy is blocked, or the cards needs extra attention. My intuition lets me know which one to use.

Upright I see the hanged man as seeing the world from a new propective, but it is someone who is suspended, non movement, you are waiting for the other to make the first move, you do not show your intentions, you do not show your hand. You sacrifice yourself for others.

Reversed I see this person needing to be suspended, needing that new prosective, you need to pull back and reassess your positions. Your wants and needs are known, your hand has been thrown onto the table. Looking for a purpose, you are moving without going anywhere.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:44 PM
LadyTerra

QUOTE=kore_wa_sensou]Hello, I hope everyone is doing well.

I did my monthly tarot card reading, and how I do it is: the first card I draw is for the whole month, and the next 4 cards represent each week. So, the card that represented the overall month was the hanged man reversed, the 1st card/month was 3 of wands, 2nd card/month was 4 of wands, 3rd card/month was 6 of wands, and the 4th card/month was the Chariot.

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the hanged man reversed, and I was wondering if anyone could help me understand it, please? If anyone has any questions, or want me to clarify anything, please let me know! Thank you![/quote]

The Hanged Man (Inverted) is the over-riding influence Card--so I will save that for last.

To begin with--you have a preponderance of Wands--which means there are more of them than any other Suite. Wands are the Suit of Enterprise and Distinction.

You can expect that (for the majority of this month) you will be preoccupied with all things pertaining to your goals in regards to training, education, and advancing towards your future.

Your intense focus will have the greatest effect on friendships and the influence that you have over others.

All three Cards are in the up-right position--so you can expect your friends to help you succeed in your endeavors.

III of Wands: maturity and dignity win the day--when you are confronted with obstacles--remember to take a deep breath and think before you speak--or take action.

IV of Wands: prosperity and comfort--employing wisdom in the first week--will help you to achieve things with greater ease in the second week of the month.

VI of Wands: victory, good news, rewards for your efforts--all the hard work you invest this month will be rewarded.

VII The Chariot: balance over negatives and positives--triumph over difficulties and obstacles--you have everything you need to come out on top this month--as long as you apply yourself and remember to use your words wisely...balance is the key to your success this month.

The Hanged Man (Inverted): this month promises to challenge your dedication and resolve. You will meet with self-centered people, selfish attitudes, and a whole lot of politics--reacting to any of it in a negative way would be a mistake.

However--if you choose the high road and respond to negativity with positive words, attitudes, and actions--no one and nothing will be able to stop you from achieving your goals.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra
Old 12-01-2014, 12:12 AM
Neville

Hello Kore_wa_sensou,

It's never cut and dried and I am not reading at the moment due to time constraints , ut I can offer some key pointers regarding the upside down , upside down Man ,

Hemmed in by ones own circumstances, happily so , but to the detriment of progression, unwillingness to step out of the comfort zone.

I hope that means something as it was a fleeting response on my part.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Tsuga

Hello kore_wa_sensou,

I'm new to Tarot, so you must take my viewpoint with a pinch.

I see the Hanged Man and the Fool (cards) as sharing something in common.
The Fool is where the journey begins; walking off the edge of the known world into new adventures.
The Hanged Man is midway, at a crossroads between the worlds.
Both are in a state of suspension.

With the Hanged Man the other cards may represent the possessions that have fallen from his pockets - maybe the Chariot can indicate car keys!
Although, in the reversed position, things are not so straight forward -

As the Hanged Man sees the world in a new and different light, so the Hanged Man reversed seems to imply that it is the World that has gone upside down - not He! And in this position, He must stand his ground (a contradiction!), bide His time, and the World will turn.

t.

Afterthought:

3 of Wands,
4 of Wands,
6 of Wands...

...could these cards a warning?
To be careful of the 5 of Wands as a representation of something hidden, and cunning!

Last edited by Tsuga : 12-01-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Oh wow, thanks so much for all of your feedback. You all provide slightly different interpretations, which was great because it showed me how to be a little more open-minded towards the cards. I'll take each of your interpretations into account. Thanks so much for all of your help, and enjoy the rest of your day! =D
Old 04-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Tsuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by kore_wa_sensou
Oh wow, thanks so much for all of your feedback. You all provide slightly different interpretations, which was great because it showed me how to be a little more open-minded towards the cards. I'll take each of your interpretations into account. Thanks so much for all of your help, and enjoy the rest of your day! =D
It would have been very interesting to know how January turned out for you, kore_wa_sensou.

I liked the idea of a monthly reading.
So about the 14th of January, I drew:

Justice

week 1 VII of Roses (cups)
week 2 VI of Crosses (swords)
week 3 Death
week 4 IX of Butterflies (pentacles)

All I can say is that the Death card coincided with my birthday on the 25th, and the IX of Butterflies was telling me to treat myself to something nice.

I bought myself an M-AUDIO Oxygen25 MIDI controller

( which was not on my short list of January essentials!!!)

t.