Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 27-11-2012, 08:40 PM
mystic kate

has anyone accused you of being mad?

im having a terrible time of it. i have just become full psychic and i have got so excited about it that ive told people. they are interested but it puts me under pressure to prove myself. the more i talk about it- the madder i sound. also a friend of ten years- she has been talking about me behind me back on and off to other people. sometimes she admits it- other times she doesnt. i got a psychic feeling that she did- so i thought instead of brain aching about it i would phone her up and right out and asked her. she admitted it and also said she told her friend the day before. i said- look all my predictions have been proved- i have been telling you them all summer- if you go back into your facebook catalogue you will see them all there. she admitted it and said yes i have proven it.
the next day- more infomration comes to me- that hasnt quite sunk in, so i make the really big decision to end this ten year friendship.
she cried on the phone and when i tried to explain why she denied evefrything. she denied that she admitted it and she made me sound as if i had made up whole conversations in my head.

i am now questioning my sanity. i went round to see the other *****y friend and she said that the only thing was mentioned was that my mum died recently and it takes a long time to get over a bereavment. so reading between the lines this means they have been calling me totally coo koo.

so whats happened is- i got the truth out of them- the truth then got retracted and now they are making me sound insane.
they said- why dont i go and see the doctor but i even sounded madder when i told them i cant see the doctor as he has been watchihng my predicitions come true and is now questioning his own sanity.

the bottom line is- its a wonderful gift but it makes people question their sanity and its making me question mine. i think i have to meet other pyschics - just to realise that im not going mad- that seeing into the future can be done. and i have left old aquantances behind. i might have been delusional about being talked about and i may be going paranoid. but i do have an irky- wierd feeling and i want to be free from peoples judgements and gossip and i want a fresh start

has any of this happend to you? has your friends called you mad and are you careful of who you tell about stuff?

right now i am on shakey ground and im thinking maybe i have a serious mental disorder whereby i hallucinate whole conversations. i think this is really sad as i was so enjoying having such a special wonderful gift.

im really sorry for brain aching you with my problems. i hate people who do that on forums but lets not forget that people like us used to be burnt at the stake and called witches. so even though its an open minded age i am finding people arent nearly as open minded as they like to claim to be.

i am feeling an island right now. a mad one. any words of comfort would be greatly appreciated.
Old 27-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Kaceykat

:( I'm really sorry you're having a hard time of it.

I guess I'm lucky that in my family, I'm the least of the psychics in the female line. The stories about my great-grandmother and my grandmother were generated decades before I came along...so I seem down right boring by comparison (oh, once in a while I'll hear things, from serious warnings to funny orders that I'd best go take some vitamin C. I don't see things. Usually. Although I'm currently living in a house which seems to be haunted ) My family members, even the most grounded of the males, ask me for updates, even when it spooks them out!

But when it comes to outsiders of the family, I too am careful of whom I tell what. I frankly don't expect them to believe me. Why should they? For all they know, I could be faking, or trying to get attention, or it could just be a coincidence if something I say turns out to occur. I also read astro charts by the way, so that's been another avenue for people to get a bit spooked by things I say coming true.

So perhaps if you could just let go a little, and let people doubt you if they want, or even, think you're crazy? In fact, with outsiders, I'll often start off by saying "It's totally okay if you think this is crazy BUT..." and then I'll say my piece, and either they go with it, or not. In the long run, it doesn't matter much to me what they think, I know what I believe. And also, if I insist they believe me, aren't I forcing my belief system on them, my own form of witch-burning?

But the tread-lightly thing is just what works for me. I am not sure if that's any help to you or not...

I am sorry you lost your mom recently. To deliberately end your ten year friendship on top of that is a double whammy... well, just be sure it's what you need and want, okay?

Hugz! from a Mom of two boys
Old 27-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Niebla0007

Has anyone accused you of being mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic kate
im having a terrible time of it. i have just become full psychic and i have got so excited about it that ive told people. they are interested but it puts me under pressure to prove myself. the more i talk about it- the madder i sound. also a friend of ten years- she has been talking about me behind me back on and off to other people. sometimes she admits it- other times she doesnt. i got a psychic feeling that she did- so i thought instead of brain aching about it i would phone her up and right out and asked her. she admitted it and also said she told her friend the day before. i said- look all my predictions have been proved- i have been telling you them all summer- if you go back into your facebook catalogue you will see them all there. she admitted it and said yes i have proven it.
the next day- more infomration comes to me- that hasnt quite sunk in, so i make the really big decision to end this ten year friendship.
she cried on the phone and when i tried to explain why she denied evefrything. she denied that she admitted it and she made me sound as if i had made up whole conversations in my head.

i am now questioning my sanity. i went round to see the other *****y friend and she said that the only thing was mentioned was that my mum died recently and it takes a long time to get over a bereavment. so reading between the lines this means they have been calling me totally coo koo.

so whats happened is- i got the truth out of them- the truth then got retracted and now they are making me sound insane.
they said- why dont i go and see the doctor but i even sounded madder when i told them i cant see the doctor as he has been watchihng my predicitions come true and is now questioning his own sanity.

the bottom line is- its a wonderful gift but it makes people question their sanity and its making me question mine. i think i have to meet other pyschics - just to realise that im not going mad- that seeing into the future can be done. and i have left old aquantances behind. i might have been delusional about being talked about and i may be going paranoid. but i do have an irky- wierd feeling and i want to be free from peoples judgements and gossip and i want a fresh start

has any of this happend to you? has your friends called you mad and are you careful of who you tell about stuff?

right now i am on shakey ground and im thinking maybe i have a serious mental disorder whereby i hallucinate whole conversations. i think this is really sad as i was so enjoying having such a special wonderful gift.

im really sorry for brain aching you with my problems. i hate people who do that on forums but lets not forget that people like us used to be burnt at the stake and called witches. so even though its an open minded age i am finding people arent nearly as open minded as they like to claim to be.

i am feeling an island right now. a mad one. any words of comfort would be greatly appreciated.

To your question above, yes and sometimes
when my friends are kidding around but then they swear a lot to each other too while at it
Just don't simply talk about stuffs they aren't talking about or interested with.
Just answer only the questions you are asked.
You sound like you need to go to a peaceful place you find nice
and in a real need of a break to catch up with yourself.
Peace be with you
Old 27-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
Abrupt changes in our spiritual awareness and growth can bring about sudden changes in our social environment too.
People we had known for years suddenly don't understand us -or maybe we realize as we have changed, we have no longer got as much in common with them as we used to have.
This can bring about a certain amount of grieving as the energies change with us, and our lives start to change.

Yes, you have to "be yourself" but at the same time maybe tone things down slightly if and when you can. Some people are actually afraid of these things. They challenge the way they feel life is. This can cause upsets. Just send them compassion, and leave it at that. Don't try to make them understand.They may not be ready. Try not to be too upset if they view these things as "slightly nuts"....many people do! Yes -even with proof! It scares them, and maybe they would rather retreat to a mass-mind place within themselves. They could even be unnerved by your sudden enthusiasm.

It is like a gear-shift in your life. In time things will settle, but you may find people who used to be friends drift away (or you drift away from them)...but at the same time you will most likely form new friendships. There may be spiritual development or healing groups you can join, where there will be like-minded people. Check out your local area for anything like that.
Good luck with your work, and the development of your skills.

Last edited by Tobi : 28-11-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 28-11-2012, 02:22 AM
mystic kate

many thanks. ive got into a bad situation with this "friend" she was my closest friend- she knew i thought i was psychic but she asked me to prove it. so then i kept trying to prove it. but every time i did- all it did was confront her with stuff that was out of her understanding and comfort zone.

i was stupid for persisting. i took it on as a personal challenge.
i also feel stupid for sticking with her- when i knew in my gut it wasnt right.

i am also a bit gobsmacked at how nasty people can be. so i need to be super careful because i dont want to shut this gift down again. it was shut down when i was younger and now i would like to use it and see where it takes me.
Old 28-11-2012, 02:44 AM
MYFIGO

I live in two worlds too. There are very few people in my real life who know what I do. Most people don't want to think about the psychic world. It makes them uncomfortable. Some people are willing to embrace it some... but they have their limits.

At first I wanted to tell everyone. I was so excited about it! Now I know to test the waters. I share it with those who need to know. If someone comes to me and expresses their fear, hurt, pain or confusion, I offer them as much information as they are ready to embrace.

This year, I was given the opportunity to help someone who for the past three years really didn't accept what I do. She was so surprised, she said, "I think you REALLY helped me!"

It is a gift. I'm thankful for it everyday. The things I have learned in the psychic world have helped me grow spiritually and have given me so much confidence in my day world as well.

I spend a lot of hours doing healing as well as reading and learning about healing so I can continue to help others. Part of my spiritual growth is learning that it's not about being right or having predictions come true. It's about helping someone who is lost find their path again. It's about helping someone who is stuck get "unstuck". It makes me so very happy to see someone go from sadness and desperation to joy and hopefulness. That is what enables me to not need to be validated by other people.

Don't worry about what someone else thinks. Don't worry about proving yourself to them. You have this great gift... treasure it and use it to help someone.

As far as your 10 year friendship goes... you might have outgrown this friendship.
Old 28-11-2012, 03:44 AM
Henri77

Denial is a popular defense mechanism.
And I must say women are very prone to using this ploy, in my experience.

By denying your talents-conversation they hope it'll just go away and you'll no longer challenge their belief system. Like it never happened.

However there's no need to flaunt you skill to prove anything, if you value the friendship(s)

Many do this with family in regards to other matters, keep quiet about matters that cause a ruckus ... it's not dishonest, and sometimes just the wise things to do.
You probably wouldn't have believed this a year ago.. so understand if others don't, as well.

However many who awaken spiritually end up changing their friends.
And many find themselves more alone....

If you question your sanity, then perhaps you need to research some, and discover how common precognition is.

Reminds me of what Jurgen Ziewe wrote.
30 yrs ago he experienced spontanious astral projection while meditating, and thought he'd lost it. He was suddenly outside his mothers home, and had no idea why, or how. As it seemed a real visit, though strangely different.

He found NO support-explanations ... and eventually found Robert Monroe's book describing Bobs astral travels.

I've heard rumors that I was weird... but perhaps they're right. The boys in grammar school seemed to regard me as an enigma.
Welcome to the zone....

Old 28-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Master

mystic kate - you sound a degree where I was a few months ago and am at in some ways for the now. With the passing of my father (not quite 6 months ago, I miss him every day), the loss of friendships came about and still I'm watching other friends come and go on the radar and I'm wondering at the ability to be super unkind in a difficult place but at the same time, I'm letting a lot of it happen and absolving control to the universe and the divine (not wihtout a fair amount of resistance). But a shift in family energies has a massive impact and I think us sensitives show it deeply and react more strongly.

I'm sad about the way things have gone and it does my head in a lot of the time and yes there are times when I think I am going mad in myself - but I take things gently and quietly, I'm careful about what I say to whom, and also I make time for goodness to flow towards myself in the form of seeing good healing people - and they are out there. I had a reiki recently and that really helped my troubled mind.

Keep yourself safe.
Old 28-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Administrator
Mystic Kate.

Its easier to say you are mad than it is to admit that you were right.i went through the same thing when i was growing up.because nobody understood me.they didnt want to hear the truth unless.it was to their benefit.i put it down to jealousy on their part. if people are talking to others about you,its because they fear what they dont understand. hold your head up high and get on with your life.if they were true friends they wouldnt go round.talking about you.its their loss not yours.

Namaste
Old 28-11-2012, 06:14 PM
CatChild

Yes, and that's why every time I post here I feel stressed in case my ex reads it and tries to use my words against me.