Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Blanket

What Should You Do If You Fall In Love With Your Spirit Guide And/Or Guardian Angel?

Hello everyone. It has been a long time since I posted on here...but something has come up and I would like to know everyone's views and opinions on it. Please be nice though because this is seriously making me a little sad

What should a person do if they start to fall in love with their spirit guide or guardian angel? How do you block those kinds of feelings out????
Are these kind of feelings and emotions wrong to have because I feel like they are but I can not help it. There is a person who is now in spirit that protects me and kind of looks out for me I guess...we are spiritually connected and they always seem to be 'watching me' in a protective kind of way I guess and I have always 'loved' them but now I am feeling like I am in love with them and I am ashamed because I feel like this is wrong since the person kind of comes off as a guardian angel or spirit guide.
Am I wrong for this? How do I get rid of these feelings because I hate having them honestly. I do not want to fall in love with a spirit who is not in love with me and only looks at me as a spiritual daughter or something. I hope everyone understand what I am trying to say here. This is really troubling me and it hurts. :(

Please be respectful everyone because I am very serious about this and I am sorry if this was not the right thread to post this under.
God bless!!!
Old 26-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Medium_Laura

It means that you have not yet found your love of self, of your own spirit within and therefore are seeking love externally. You need to work on loving yourself first. You can have respect and admiration for your guides and a unconditional love.. but being "in love" is a human condition.
Old 26-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Blanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
It means that you have not yet found your love of self, of your own spirit within and therefore are seeking love externally. You need to work on loving yourself first. You can have respect and admiration for your guides and a unconditional love.. but being "in love" is a human condition.

Okay I understand what you are saying..............so just to make sure that I'm understanding things correctly, are you saying that spirit guides and things of the sort can't fall in love? And if they do it's wrong? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding I am just trying to fully understand.
Old 26-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Experiencer
I will copy and paste here what I told someone else with a similar question.

"Wether or not a guide will pursue a human being depends on if there was ever a pre-existing physical relationship, perhaps in a past life.

Relationships create soul-ties, these ties exist even after ascension. The emotions that are created by this tie may cause the guide to want to remain close to the individual still in the reincarnation cycle.

If the individual becomes aware of the guide, then it would be possible for the person to form a relationship with the guide. It will only happen if it is what the person wants, otherwise the guide will not build on those particular emotions concerning the person- as a spirit, the emotional state is not the same. The spirit will only pursue the person if the person desires it- because the guide wants to make the person happy and is agreeable to it due to pre-existing emotions.

With enough energy the guide may even be able to assume a physical form through manifestation in order to engage in normal physical relations with the person.

It isn't really a matter of right or wrong. It is a matter of choice."
Old 26-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanket
Okay I understand what you are saying..............so just to make sure that I'm understanding things correctly, are you saying that spirit guides and things of the sort can't fall in love? And if they do it's wrong? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding I am just trying to fully understand.
They don't have that type of human emotion anymore. You may have been partners with them in another lifetime and you have a memory of that "love" which isn't unusual but it can hold you back in this life from learning to love another human. This is why you need to work on inner love of self first.

Loving a guide in that way can only impede your learning here on earth.
Old 26-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Experiencer
If a guide is willing to engage in a relationship then your growth will not be impeded- it is the job of the guide to further your growth, after all.

The guide would not willingly impede your growth.

A relationship with a spirit guide is not very different from a relationship with a person. There are many difficulties and stages in the relationship. It is a learning proccess.
Old 26-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Master
IMO a guide would never be willing to engage in a relationship. They are guides, not lovers. There is responsibility that goes along with being a guide and they are well aware that they are there to guide and that's it. You think they'd agree to guide our lives and help us along to remembering why we wanted to incarnate just to throw that trust and agreement away for a little lovey-doveyness? No, sorry, I'm just not buying that. They are guides for a reason and that means no interference.

Old 26-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
IMO a guide would never be willing to engage in a relationship. They are guides, not lovers. There is responsibility that goes along with being a guide and they are well aware that they are there to guide and that's it. You think they'd agree to guide our lives and help us along to remembering why we wanted to incarnate just to throw that trust and agreement away for a little lovey-doveyness? No, sorry, I'm just not buying that. They are guides for a reason and that means no interference.

Why would being a guide prevent them from being a lover?
Old 26-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanket
Hello everyone. It has been a long time since I posted on here...but something has come up and I would like to know everyone's views and opinions on it. Please be nice though because this is seriously making me a little sad

What should a person do if they start to fall in love with their spirit guide or guardian angel? How do you block those kinds of feelings out????
Are these kind of feelings and emotions wrong to have because I feel like they are but I can not help it. There is a person who is now in spirit that protects me and kind of looks out for me I guess...we are spiritually connected and they always seem to be 'watching me' in a protective kind of way I guess and I have always 'loved' them but now I am feeling like I am in love with them and I am ashamed because I feel like this is wrong since the person kind of comes off as a guardian angel or spirit guide.
Am I wrong for this? How do I get rid of these feelings because I hate having them honestly. I do not want to fall in love with a spirit who is not in love with me and only looks at me as a spiritual daughter or something. I hope everyone understand what I am trying to say here. This is really troubling me and it hurts. :(

Please be respectful everyone because I am very serious about this and I am sorry if this was not the right thread to post this under.
God bless!!!
I don't have much advice. Only that you should really ask yourself why you're having such feelings; whether there's an obvious emotional reason for your falling for a spirit guide.

I don't necessarily think it's wrong. But I do think that it can be a problematic thing, either in terms of engendering problems or reflecting already existing ones. Although, spirit spouses, and lovers are not unheard of, it's still important to ask yourself why you feel drawn to such a relationship - particularly with a guardian angel/spirit guide, who tend to be, by their role and nature, not exceedingly intimate with people in terms of emotional attachment.
Old 26-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozerius
Why would being a guide prevent them from being a lover?

In my understanding, we come to earth in order to experience living as a human. To have human interactions and human lives and relationships. A guide taking advantage of their charges feelings and taking on a lover type relationship would completely change that. No, if they have loving feelings for the person they are guiding, they are evolved enough to know that life here on earth goes by in the blink of an eye and they can wait to be together. Life is hard enough here on earth and they know that - there is no way that they would do anything to make life harder on us, like getting us to believe they're our lover instead of encouraging us to actually go out and find a real life flesh and blood person to be partners with.