Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 15-08-2012, 04:57 AM
Guide

Question Choking up last minute

I've been trying to astral project for the past week since I'm in canada with no TV, Internet, Comics, homework, ect. And I believe I was close to astral projecting but at the last minute I couldn't do it. I don't know how to explain it? maybe like a fear of dying? It got harder and harder to breathe, and I had to force myself to breathe. that and it didn't seem to matter how much I breathed in I felt like I was drowning of sorts? no amount of air seemed enough for me.

Then the vibrations would go away and I'd still be in my body :/

I feel the vibrations is easy.. but then my back would get all warm at the begining while trying to astral project... and my legs would get super tingly... SOOOooo.... What is going on!?

:) any Advice or explination for one or both problems is welcome and thank you for reading
Old 15-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Master
What you are describing with the breathing sounds like anxiety, a panic attack to be exact. Sometimes during vibrational stage your heart will beat extremely fast and this can lead to exaggerated anxiety or even a possible miniature panic attack during vibrational stage. Or it could of been paralysis setting in as well, lots of people who suffer from Sleep Paralysis feel like they are being choked.

Either way you will have to learn how to remain calm no matter how or what you feel during vibrational stage. If you are thinking about your breathing or anything really you are thinking too much. Your mind needs to be pretty clear when you leave your body other wise the electricity running through it will magnetically anchor your subtle body into your physical body's head. It has happened to me before and I could free everything but my head, my head was stuck in place and I was spinning 360 degrees not horizontally though, vertically. Basically my head was staying in place and I was laying on my back and my entire torso and legs would elevate up but since my head was stuck it was like the head area was a pivot point and the rest was spinning around my head. My subtle body would be upside down at one point with my face in the pillow and my legs and torso going through my headboard on my bed and the wall, but my physical body was laying on it's back. It was an interesting experience, this is when I learned you need a pretty clear mind to get free. Good luck.
Old 15-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Master

That sounds like very good advice, Astral Explorer.
Old 15-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Guide

awesome that explains sooo much :) Thank you

strangly I don't know why I would have a panic attack.. maybe I was trying to leave too fast. oh well I'll do my best next time

thank you for solving this conundrum
Old 16-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Guide
Definitely could have been a panic attack. You've gotta relax.
If it's a sensation unfamiliar to you, that could cause it.

The sense of "choking" while in Sleep Paralysis is due to your physical body becoming completely relaxed and gravity taking hold and you being consciously aware of this feeling. It's not a usual sensation for humans to feel... their body completely relaxed, for the most part being against their will and unable to move. It can play games with your mind with you interpreting the sensation as being choked. It's quite common.
Old 16-08-2012, 01:37 AM
Guide

its not actual sensation of being choked just it being super hard to breathe XD like theres a weight on my chest but I get what your saying :)

thank you D: now I just gotta find a way to get passed it!
Old 16-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Master

It is good that you will try to find a way to get passed it. It may not happen again but if it does, you could try and say to yourself, relax I can breathe. I find with ap you have to be confident otherwise things can fail. I was able to go through a window without a problem but I am still not able to go to other places but I am working on it. I have another idea that might work. We just have to keep trying. It can get frustrating.
Old 17-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseAwakening
its not actual sensation of being choked just it being super hard to breathe XD like theres a weight on my chest but I get what your saying :)

thank you D: now I just gotta find a way to get passed it!
Yup, that's definitely you being consciously aware of your very relaxed body. It's strange, isn't it? :)

The only way past it which I know of is experience... become more familiar with the state until it no longer brings forth those sensations. Remain calm and relaxed as much as you can, and eventually it'll pass.

AstralSuzy has a good approach... keep telling yourself you can breath just fine, because you *ARE* breathing just fine, you're just interpreting the sensations as you having a hard time breathing.
Old 17-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Guide

cool I think I almost made it again! but this time farther yay!!!

I asked my spirit guides to help me out just for a few times till I get over the speed bumps, you know get the feel of it :x then I felt hands on me and pushing and pulling! until eventually I moved across my bed, turned 90 degrees and then straight off my bed. I thought I was gonna hit the floor but I didn't just went on this big huge tunnel/slide o-o I guess I got too excited sooo... I fell back in my body. I think I also heard my name being called while in there so... another reason perhaps either way it was kinda creepy... like those voices you here on tv when "ghosts" call out ur name in a creepy voice its the one that brings chills up ur spine!!!

I wanna do it agian *-* thats like the best thrill ride ever!

before the tunnel o-o I saw a turtle walking on my cieling o-o it was wierd it was like it was drawn with pencil... and then the drawing came out of the paper and started walking around! that kind of look all scribble looking

I think there was an entity stopping me though :/ cause every time I tried I'd always feel this really warm heavy presence right behind me... couldn't even get my arms and legs free... So I told my spirit guides that if theres a spirit around me that was not 100% of the light or for my highest good then to get him/her away from me and don't ever let them near me again then I felt a bit of a rumbling sensation and then poof o-o that warm feeling was gone... felt a bit oppressive now that I think about it...

anyway, thanks spirit guides!! I'm gonna hug you all!(the spirit guides)

and... can spirits stop you from astral projecting and stuff?
Old 17-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Master

The only thing can stop you from astral projecting is you. If you think entities may be preventing you, then you have a chance it will.