Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-10-2011, 03:30 AM
Knower
a little scaredi t

I think AP is cool but... I didn't like it this time.
Its only the 2nd time I've woken in a "frozen" state and this time it was out of a nightmare.
In the dream someone broke into my house and I had to sneek out my bathroom window to et my dog out of the back yard. While jumping out I gently floated down (its only 1 story) and thought to myself "huh, this must be what its like to have control and be a ninja"
Once I got my dog to jump through the window I easily jumped back in myself. Then my dream started to get creepy. It felt so real and exact time I didn't know if it was real or a dream.

Suddenly I'm in my bed frozen. It feels like I'm so tired I can't even lift my head or my body and my eyes are sort of rolling in the back of my head.

Today I was diagnosed with gastritis vs ulcers and since the pain reared its ugly head last week I've had horrible nightmares every night.
I didn't know you APed in nightmares...?
Anyway to stop it?
Old 10-10-2011, 06:36 PM
newapsky

Whether you are APing or not, if you can, try to tell yourself to go back to your body to get out of the situation. You may also try something like saying a prayer of protection, or writing down your wishes to have a calm and restful sleep before you go to bed at night. This should keep prevent anything negative from occurring. If you feel comfortable doing so, you might as for angels to come to your side to guard you while you sleep. Visualize yourself waking up in the morning after a calm night's sleep. Best wishes.
Old 24-10-2011, 01:09 PM
hebo

Ronin my friend, I don't know whether you are having OBE's or not but one thing is sure... you can't run away from your fears whether they are in a dream or AP if you don't fight back you are just setting the clock tkicking down to your next bad experience... You need to realize that this is all in your mind... nothing can hurt you or your dog... Your soul is immortal and can't die... ever... the sooner you realize it the sooner you will get over nightmares and bad OBE's
Old 24-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
I think AP is cool but... I didn't like it this time.
Its only the 2nd time I've woken in a "frozen" state and this time it was out of a nightmare.
In the dream someone broke into my house and I had to sneek out my bathroom window to et my dog out of the back yard. While jumping out I gently floated down (its only 1 story) and thought to myself "huh, this must be what its like to have control and be a ninja"
Once I got my dog to jump through the window I easily jumped back in myself. Then my dream started to get creepy. It felt so real and exact time I didn't know if it was real or a dream.

Suddenly I'm in my bed frozen. It feels like I'm so tired I can't even lift my head or my body and my eyes are sort of rolling in the back of my head.

Today I was diagnosed with gastritis vs ulcers and since the pain reared its ugly head last week I've had horrible nightmares every night.
I didn't know you APed in nightmares...?
Anyway to stop it?

If I know I am projecting then I am lucid and can change my enviroment at will. If I am just dreaming (not lucid) then a scary event will help me gain lucidity.

Eather way know that you are the one in controle.

I like that you got your dog. I usualy get my guns.
In the beginning I used to cary a gun with me around the farm so it would more readly be there with me in my dreams. little props like this can be a big help when you find your self in a strange demension.
Old 26-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Master
Ronin... That frozen feeling is called 'sleep paralysis' and often happens when we are going out or coming back in to the body and aren't quite lined up with it.

Since you have these questions and fears I suggest you learn more about ap... so you can understand what's happening and get better control... and so you let go of your fears.

The best book I know of for this is "The Secret of the Soul" by William Buhlman.

Xan

Old 26-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Xan I have ordered that book, thank you. It looks very good.

Sleep paralysis is very unpleasant but there are ways out of it with some practice.
Old 26-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Master
Yes... For one thing focusing more on where you are going, or on your body as you come back in, eases you through the transition phase of vibrations and sleep paralysis so fast you scarcely notice it, if at all.

Xan