Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-04-2023, 10:33 PM
Experiencer

2 Timothy 4:3

This world is in big trouble.
God refines one with fire. Not ear tickling. Only the ones who have been refined by that fire benefit from the ear tickling parts.
Old 20-04-2023, 11:58 PM
Molearner

2 Timothy 4:3…..”For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine….” Truthfully that time has been existent from the birth of churches….Jesus never spoke of doctrine. But every church has a set of doctrines which often clash with the doctrines of other churches. Try and identify which doctrines are sound.

In accepting doctrine you are accepting the belief of others….it is better to have a personal experience of the Divine. John 14:26…(shortened)….”But the Holy Spirit will teach you all things…”. That you can believe…it can be your doctrine…but refrain from asking anyone else to accept this belief of yours. They must have their own personal experience.

In the meantime I attend a church that has doctrines which a I do not believe to be sound….I forgive them for that knowing their intentions are good. And I do not call into question these differences. It would serve no purpose other than my ego…..and defending your ego is about the worst thing one can do IMO…..
Old 21-04-2023, 08:03 AM
Master

I suppose what will be will be despite variations of teachings and beliefs .
Old 21-04-2023, 08:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
This world is in big trouble.
God refines one with fire. Not ear tickling. Only the ones who have been refined by that fire benefit from the ear tickling parts.

I'm very capable of scratching my own ears.....
Old 21-04-2023, 04:55 PM
Master

Timothy was having a hard time in that chapter converting others to the Christian faith. Especially with Alex the metal worker. Plus three other fellow Evangelists bailed on him, Demas, Crescens, and Titus.

2 Timothy 4:9
9 Do your best to come to me quickly, 10 for Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia.

2 Timothy 4:14
Alexander the metalworker did me a great deal of harm. The Lord will repay him for what he has done. 15 You too should be on your guard against him, because he strongly opposed our message.

16 At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. 18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack...
Old 21-04-2023, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
This world is in big trouble. God refines one with fire.
Ah, more fear-mongering, ignoring the verses about God's unimaginable love...rather,
equating it with pain in a fire. I see.
Scaring people, um, not the best way if you want to bring people to God, imo....or
to the Bible or to Christianity, or to Jesus!
Excellent for repelling people from all of the above, tho, imo.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-04-2023, 06:24 PM
Master
But God's unimaginable love has a hard time reaching us down here.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 21-04-2023, 06:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

Mybe that's because your thinking of God being 'up there' and you 'down here'.....
Old 21-04-2023, 06:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Mybe that's because your thinking of God being 'up there' and you 'down here'.....

Is that enough to stop God's love???

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 21-04-2023, 06:34 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

Honza,

Sorry but I must differ. The ultimate source of love is God. Every time that you witness or receive love and especially give love God is present in your life. People are naive and unappreciative if they can only see spectacular acts of love…….