Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-03-2019, 11:16 PM
Knower

What does it mean when you randomly hear frequencies

This is 100% not tinitus
Old 09-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Newbie ;)

No idea but I also get this and wonder why it happens. :-)
Old 09-04-2019, 03:47 PM
Master
Well the doctor says I've got tinnitus. I do wonder sometimes though.
Would you mind describing what you hear?
Old 10-04-2019, 09:05 PM
Experiencer
Ive got it too. Not tinitus either. Been having it for the past 10 years and kind of gave up on finding what this is as no one seems to have a proper answer; LOL
Old 11-04-2019, 12:31 PM
Master

To any and all of you . . .

Could you be a bit more specific about what you hear . . . when you hear it . . . what you are doing when you hear it . . . < quietly in meditation / pre-sleep / chores around the house / etc. > . . . and maybe a bit about how often you anything. I believe I can shed a bit of Light on all of this for you.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
To any and all of you . . .

Could you be a bit more specific about what you hear . . . when you hear it . . . what you are doing when you hear it . . . < quietly in meditation / pre-sleep / chores around the house / etc. > . . . and maybe a bit about how often you anything. I believe I can shed a bit of Light on all of this for you.

Hi, mine is a contant hissing. Had it for about a year and a half now.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:55 PM
Master

Okay . . . that's all well and good. But . . . do you hear it only when it is quiet . . . like . . . pre-sleep? Do you hear it all the time? Is it more a sound of static . . . like white noise? Is it more a sound of air being let out of a tire? Do you spend any time in meditation?

Basically . . . what is it that you hear . . . and when . . . and where . . . if you please.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:11 PM
Master
Thanks for trying to help zorkchop, It's there constantly. If there's other noises going on it's barely noticeable. Yes it is there pre sleep. I'm at my laptop now, no other noises, well, the clock ticking. I've been describing it as hissing but like you mentioned, it's more a static sound than air being let out of a tire. Now and again I'll get a higher pitch noise that dissipates after a few seconds. Probably every few days I'll get this noise.

I might have a look on YouTube to see if I can get the matching noise.
I have tried meditation and had some nice moments, but it turned into a bit of a chore so I stopped it.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:27 PM
Master
I've just listened to a couple of YouTube videos on tinnitus sounds but non of them are mine :-s
Old 11-04-2019, 03:28 PM
Master

Okay . . . let's give you something to work with rather than just chatter about it . . . which we can also continue to do. What I am about to suggest could happen to you very quickly . . . or . . . could take a week or a month . . . or more. As with all things . . . it depends on what you want and how much effort you will put into it. This could turn out to be more than vital for you . . . or . . . it could turn out to be nothing. My suspicion is . . . it is the former. I deal with many ongoing inner sounds . . . altho hissing is not one of them.

My suggestion . . . take a few moments when you are alone and it is as quiet as possible . . . close your eyes and go inside . . . listen to that hissing sound and inwardly sing or say the word HU . . . as hugh . . . or hue . . . long and drawn out. Sing it pleasantly and with reverence. As you do this . . . inwardly imagine yourself walking into that hissing sound. Look for it to clarify . . . maybe . . . fine-tune . . . as if it is a static hissing that clarifies as you tweak the tuning knob on a radio. Let this sound develop into anything else . . . hopefully more pleasant.

As I said above . . . this may happen . . . that the sound changes into something else . . . instantly. Do not be surprised if it does. It may take a bit of doing.

If this turns out to be what i believe it is . . . and I don't want to make all of this suspenseful but I don't want to "lead" you anywhere until it develops naturally for you . . . this could turn out to be exceptionally important for you.

I mean that.

Keep me up to date.