Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 16-12-2011, 12:50 AM
nightowl

Celtic Spirituality

I am interested in hearing about those who embrace or practice any elements of Celtic Spirituality. It is a broad term I know, and I would love to hear all views and opinions...I am myself very much pleased with the aspects I have of it in my life, it feels like home to me
Old 16-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I am interested in hearing about those who embrace or practice any elements of Celtic Spirituality. It is a broad term I know, and I would love to hear all views and opinions...I am myself very much pleased with the aspects I have of it in my life, it feels like home to me
I've always had an interest in pre-Christian Celtic religion, and some concepts do color my worldview. I do tend to lean towards the quasi-animistic outlook, and do occasionally make offerings to certain divinities, like Lugh Lámhfhdada and An Dagda. But I don't go as far to call myself a Celtic pagan.
Old 16-12-2011, 01:22 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
I've always had an interest in pre-Christian Celtic religion, and some concepts do color my worldview. I do tend to lean towards the quasi-animistic outlook, and do occasionally make offerings to certain divinities, like Lugh Lámhfhdada and An Dagda. But I don't go as far to call myself a Celtic pagan.

Hey Animus27,

I understand what you are saying, I don't consider myself a Celtic pagan per se but I do have elements that are part of my path. A reverence for creation and my tie to the land and creatures. I am very much influenced by my ancestors and honor them in candle rituals. Heritage leads me more than I realize sometimes and I love that...
Old 16-12-2011, 01:28 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Hey Animus27,

I understand what you are saying, I don't consider myself a Celtic pagan per se but I do have elements that are part of my path. A reverence for creation and my tie to the land and creatures. I am very much influenced by my ancestors and honor them in candle rituals. Heritage leads me more than I realize sometimes and I love that...
I totally get where you're coming from. One of the biggest definers with me is having a connection to my Ancestors. The more I learn about them, the more spiritually content I feel through knowing who I am and where I've come from. And I think that that can certainly be called an important virtue, held by many Celtic cultures.
Old 16-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
. One of the biggest definers with me is having a connection to my Ancestors. The more I learn about them, the more spiritually content I feel through knowing who I am and where I've come from. And I think that that can certainly be called an important virtue, held by many Celtic cultures.

Absolutely ! I live in an old homeland of the Brigantes Confederation and still celebrate festivals at a henge used by the Brigantes for their celebrations. Meditation in the centre circle allows you to feel the power of the ancestors.

Did you see this link elsewhere ?
http://www.eso-garden.com/specials/h...ltic_world.pdf
Old 17-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Animus27

Aye. I did norseman! It looks like a nice read. I have it on my list of books to read through. I am face deep in 3 books right now. But I am nearly finished with one
Old 24-02-2012, 09:21 PM
ArianHawk

Quote:

I don't practice Celtic Spirituality but I'm pretty interested in learning about it. I'm Wiccan and a few of my deities are Celtic.

Blessings,

Arian Hawk
Old 25-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Master

Well... I just read a book about the Celts; I was among them in a life. There was a good number of gods and goddesses; I liked the Horned Man but there were many others to choose from. The sacrifices to them were interesting though; one made ornate beautiful thing - then ritually destroyed them before throwing them in the sea.

I don't pray to anything in the celt world or do anything related to them, but I suspect that Mother Earth and others I respect are represented in the celt spiritual world, just like I find Mother Earth among the Native Indians.