Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Shim

Are there people you shouldn't be friends with on Facebook?

Any thoughts? Are you careful about what you say online? Do you friend everyone, including classmates, church members, employees, or bosses? What about people here? Have you ever defriended anyone? If so, why? How far should Christians take 2 Corinthians 6:14?

I find facebook much like driving a car in heavy traffic, when looking in the rear view mirror and seeing children in the backseat, one becomes more aware of what they say, and more or less what others say in the passenger seat.

Last edited by Shim : 01-12-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Administrator
Hello

I run using me real name....I trust in whom finds a path to me is for a reason. I am careful what I say on line in terms of persoal informations to a degree. I look at it if there is something someone wants to really know about ye they can find it.

For Facebook I have it for a few Spiritual Groups and some friends that post pictrues. Other than that could do without it.

I do not friend eveyone NO. There are lines with home and work I feel.

Have I ever deleted anyone YES but only TWO.

As for members here I have a few good friends I have made here. A few that I have let more in me private World off site. For me that takes the feeling of trust. One's are suprised by how FEW are in me E Mail or IM.....World.

For the most part I feel that paths cross for a reason....and we need to be a bit more wary on line than at times we maybe are.

Lynn
Old 01-12-2010, 11:25 PM
debbie.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
Any thoughts? Are you careful about what you say online? Do you friend everyone, including classmates, church members, employees, or bosses? What about people here? Have you ever defriended anyone? If so, why? How far should Christians take 2 Corinthians 6:14?

I find facebook much like driving a car in heavy traffic, when looking in the rear view mirror and seeing children in the backseat, one becomes more aware of what they say, and more or less what others say in the passenger seat.

corinthians 6:14.......whatever religious beliefs people have, it shouldn't come between people who get along as friends!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie.b
corinthians 6:14.......whatever religious beliefs people have, it shouldn't come between people who get along as friends!!!

That's the question I'm asking, had having a discussion with a daughter a few days ago, about this same subject. She has went onto another's facebook page that was friended through somebody else and found very controversial beliefs to her own, not to mention vulgar language, amongst others an atheist view, which did not settle good with her. So this topic came up, and well, wondering what more or less Christians think, and nobody else. And even more so I am curious to see what or how they think when faced with a decision, a choice in life, that may oppose or be supported by scripture.

Last edited by Shim : 02-12-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Master
I have a Facebook page and have ended up using it a lot more than I like. I am VERY selective whom I allow to read what I write or seeing my pics so my page is private and only my friends and family are allowed on. Yes I have deleled a few people on my page.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim

If one is concerned about what they say around their "friends" then they may want to take stock in who they are saying are their "friends." If one can't be themselves around friends then one may want to reevaluate what they consider a friend.

A lot of times people on social sites are not really friends with people on their friends lists. They just add them for fun, or becuase they added them. They know a friend of a friend so they add them. Or they work together so they add them. They both goto the same school so they add them. Eventually they end up with 900 friends on their friends list and only actually know 20 of them.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Shim

I kind of had foreseen a circumstance while talking to her, friendships leading to more. Do any Christians here think that the right reason to become a Christian is for acquiring a relationship with a woman or a man?

Last edited by Shim : 14-12-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Master
Yeah. Freeloaders that ask for favours and people you never met

Definayly don't want the church gossip or the pastor if your being naughty on facebook
Old 02-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Jules

I think by using the term 'Christian' you're categorising a small number of people. If you want to include everybody then you should be looking at a different term of phrase.

For me personally, I have about 250 friends. I've put them into groups and roughly there are probably about 100 that I don't know personally, that I've met online, around 60 of which I've met through spiritual sites or medical support groups and have become very close 'cyber friends'. I too believe we are meant to meet the people in life who cross our path even if they don't resonate. People come into your life for a reason a season or a lifetime, out of those experiences and choices that are made, we learn to recognise what we're NOT, leaving the way clear to accept who and what we are. So if I add someone on facebook and I've gone against my gut instinct and added them anyway, lesson learnt is .. I should have listened! I have no qualms of deleting them if the trust disappears. You can't build any form of relationship, whether it be online or in the physical without trust.
One of my faults if you can call it that, is I wear my heart on my sleeve too much. I'm careful what I say about my personal info, my emotions and feelings but in the next breath I can be like an open book! Hmm. lightbulb moment there! need to work with THAT one! lol
Old 02-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
I think by using the term 'Christian' you're categorising a small number of people. If you want to include everybody then you should be looking at a different term of phrase.

For me personally, I have about 250 friends. I've put them into groups and roughly there are probably about 100 that I don't know personally, that I've met online, around 60 of which I've met through spiritual sites or medical support groups and have become very close 'cyber friends'. I too believe we are meant to meet the people in life who cross our path even if they don't resonate. People come into your life for a reason a season or a lifetime, out of those experiences and choices that are made, we learn to recognise what we're NOT, leaving the way clear to accept who and what we are. So if I add someone on facebook and I've gone against my gut instinct and added them anyway, lesson learnt is .. I should have listened! I have no qualms of deleting them if the trust disappears. You can't build any form of relationship, whether it be online or in the physical without trust.
One of my faults if you can call it that, is I wear my heart on my sleeve too much. I'm careful what I say about my personal info, my emotions and feelings but in the next breath I can be like an open book! Hmm. lightbulb moment there! need to work with THAT one! lol

Yes, and I at times do not care to use the word Christian. Christian is a broad term and many of us are in different walks in our life and in our faith at any given moment. Although I purposely used Christian here as I am looking for the narrow group at this time and their views. I still have yet to have an answer to how Christians react to a choice in life when they are confronted by a circumstance that they "know" opposes scripture? I realize being a Christian is not easy, and many will not understand why one would even want to be with all the hardships that will follow. I guess what I'm asking is to be honest, how many when faced with what they know to be the right decision refuse to change themselves, and not make the right choice.

Thanks Jules

Last edited by Shim : 02-12-2010 at 01:40 AM.