Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 20-08-2013, 01:06 PM
spiritualgirl

Question Questioning God

Personally, I've been wrestling with a lot of questions about God lately. I'm curious if others are as well. If you could ask any question about God and get an honest answer, what would it be?
Old 22-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Master

I see God as the creative life force of the cosmos . We create our own reality good , bad , consciously , unconsciously , if it happens to you , you created on some level . Save the tough questions for God .
Old 22-08-2013, 04:04 PM
spiritualgirl

So, if my young child gets cancer and dies, I created that reality for myself? Not sure that I agree with you on that one. Anyone else want to weigh in?
Old 22-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Master

I think we can ask God questions and get honest answers. I don't believe we need others to tell us what God is saying to us. As far as us creating our reality, I believe that too. It goes beyond our human ideas of fairness.
Old 22-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualgirl
Personally, I've been wrestling with a lot of questions about God lately. I'm curious if others are as well. If you could ask any question about God and get an honest answer, what would it be?
I thought about such questions for a long time, and finally put them to rest. In the end, I concluded that God is whatever a person chooses to believe. If we go by numbers, most people think of God as presented in the Bible. Another large number believe him to be as presented in the Koran. I am not fond of either. But since numbers matter in the world, I have concluded that God is a character as described in various books, ancient and modern, perhaps a composite character. It doesn't matter to me who God is. I am not interested in God any more.
Old 22-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Master

Quote:
So, if my young child gets cancer and dies, I created that reality for myself? Not sure that I agree with you on that one. Anyone else want to weigh in?
Some would say that you need to experence this , or it is meant as a karmic balance from past life events . A few others might see this as happening to your child , it is her own body cells turning against her . If she finds what ever is responsable for the cancer she might cure it .
Old 22-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Master

Quote:
We live in this world together and interact with each other. We do good and we do bad. I think our actions - all actions - have consequences. This is what ancient Indians meant by karma. Actions and their consequences are governed by a grand universal and eternal law, dharma. What makes dharma hard to comprehend is the vastness of the universe and its time scale which is far larger than a typical human lifetime. The more we come to understand dharma, the less mysterious universe will seem to us.
Old 23-08-2013, 01:13 AM
Master

If this child is old enough to medatate , do self hypnosis , ect. he/she might find the source of the problem . Karma , a past life event , fear , ect.
Old 23-08-2013, 03:15 PM
spiritualgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
If this child is old enough to medatate , do self hypnosis , ect. he/she might find the source of the problem . Karma , a past life event , fear , ect.

My question about having a child with cancer was hypothetical. I was trying to make a point that it seems ridiculous to assume that we are to blame for everything bad that happens to us. I think there are absolutely some things that we are responsible for. People make bad decisions and it leads to consequences, but I do not believe that we cause all bad things that happen in our lives. We live in a world that is full of evil and brokenness. Sometimes bad things happen just because life sucks.
Old 23-08-2013, 03:25 PM
spiritualgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
I thought about such questions for a long time, and finally put them to rest. In the end, I concluded that God is whatever a person chooses to believe. If we go by numbers, most people think of God as presented in the Bible. Another large number believe him to be as presented in the Koran. I am not fond of either. But since numbers matter in the world, I have concluded that God is a character as described in various books, ancient and modern, perhaps a composite character. It doesn't matter to me who God is. I am not interested in God any more.

kris,

Even despite all my questions, I don't believe that we have the right to make God into whoever we choose to believe that he is. You have every right to choose to believe in him or not, but he is who he is, regardless of what we think. I believe that our job is to try to learn more about God and that has a lot to do with the questions I have been asking him. I have been taught a lot of things about God that I don't think are true, but now I am trying to go straight to the source to learn what is really true.

I'm sorry that you are not interested in God anymore, because I think he is very interested in you.