Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 20-05-2024, 03:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBlue
I haven't needed it, that's just a societal construct/ideal. Not forgetting the growing numbers of women who wish to remain childless.
Absolutely NO problem.
But for those of us that wish to have a sexual partner and children then it's safe to assume that your mother / father... Brother / sister .... Auntie/ uncle .... Grandma / Grandad ... CANT provide that.
Old 20-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Administrator
I never wanted to be Born especially to the family I was born into.
I have got 1 sister I haven't spoken to in over 35 years and got no desire to
my other sister I rarely see or hear from which suits me and my brother I haven't spoken to him since last November all I do with him is argue

Namaste
Old 21-05-2024, 06:18 AM
Master

Im a bit like you Native.
My family unit growing up was quite dysfunctional and at the moment myself and my brother and sister have all got serious issues with our younger brother.
I always wanted children and they were raised very differently to how I was raised.
They felt loved for a start !!

As SapphireBlue pointed out, some people wish to remain childless, which is totally fine.

There is no right or wrong answer on this thread.
A thousand people will each have a different opinion according to their own experience or desires.
Old 21-05-2024, 08:36 AM
Administrator
So true Angel I don't need family I Have my own but a lot more people now are making the Decision
not to have children, the state of the world being as it is
I wouldn't want to be growing up today either.

Namaste
Old 21-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Master

If you wanna grow, then ya gotta step outside of the confines of family.

If ya don’t. Then stay there.

My two bobs worth lol.
Old 21-05-2024, 05:23 PM
Master

Native Spirit.
I agree . I certainly would NOT wish to just be starting my life over as things are in the world.

Redchic....
I also agree but maybe for different reasons .
In some cases stepping outside of the confines of family breaks the "cycle" of living a somewhat inferior life .
Old 21-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Master
The idea to not procreate because of life being difficult can be a lament of the well off. The world is usually difficult to navigate through, and today there's actually more opportunity then most people had throughout most of history. Of course, there are many difficulties. But difficulties haven't stopped many poor and disadvantaged people from procreation.
Old 21-05-2024, 08:19 PM
Master

Basically the family unit functions according to a cultural and political system. There is a hierarchy where the oldest, from grandparents to parents, and down to children in successive ages, are expected to conform to the dynamics in a given family unit. Families definitely have their own particular politics, and a family member is ostracized if they do not conform to family politics.

Often siblings group together against other siblings, or a single sibling, as there is strength in numbers. The point is the more people who agree on something, even if that something is dysfunctional, in their mind it validates that something and makes it right. Most people who leave a family unit in their youth are just looking for freedom from that families politics.

Family politics may include punishment for those who do not conform, isolating them from those who do conform, and rewarding the conformist and not the nonconformists. The other side of the coin is that I feel raising a child can be one of the toughest jobs on this planet. Most of all it must be realized that our children do not belong to us, in my opinion.
Old Yesterday, 06:48 AM
Master

Starman…..” most people leave a family unit in their youth are just looking for freedom from that families politics.

Family politics may include punishment for those who do not conform, isolating them from those who do conform, and rewarding the conformist and not the nonconformists”

I have found this to be very true and one of the reasons I left home at eighteen.

Actually I am on the receiving end of that “punishing for not conforming” at this point in time. But am I bothered"…………..Nah!………couldnt care less lol

Ahhhh the peace is wonderful!