Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old Today, 09:13 AM
Master

Altair ... Behave naughty boy !!! No we saw same team and they deserved a draw. But of course I will let you off for sticking your tongue out because I know you've got Portugal hahaha...

Difficult to say after only one round , but worry not Auntie Angel is "on the ball " with it all.
I will of course keep reporting as when any of us go out !!!
But as it stands .....
Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Italy , England, Netherlands , France, Slovakia , Romania, Turkey and Portugal are ALL on 3 points.

If that was the end of the tournament then Germany would have won on goal difference .
Old Today, 09:44 AM
Master
Portugal vs. Czech Republic.

Possession: 74% vs. 26%
Attempts of target: 11 vs. 4
Attempts on target: 8 vs. 1
Corners: 13 vs. 0
Old Today, 09:50 AM
Master

Yes, but it took Portugal until extra time of full time to actually score !!!!! LOL
Old Today, 10:25 AM
Master

I suppose thinking logically, if Portugal had 3 quarters possession, all those corners , all those attempts on target and Czech rep scored first , it beggars the question "who was the better team ?"

Just my thoughts .
Doesn't mean I'm right .
Old Today, 10:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
I suppose thinking logically, if Portugal had 3 quarters possession, all those corners , all those attempts on target and Czech rep scored first , it beggars the question "who was the better team ?"

Most people would generally agree that the team with the most chances and taking the most initiative deserves the win.

Teams that 'park the bus' and wait for one opportunity play very cynical, and they tend to require more luck than skill. Poland did the same against us.
Any kid that starts to play the game new is usually put in defense because it takes less skill to be a defender then to be a creative forward or midfielder.

It's like in martial arts. Any Joe can go to the gym and build muscle, but to be good at techniques and knowing when to strike requires something more, something that's there internally, some creative spark.
Old Today, 10:48 AM
Master

I fully understand what you're saying.
I did think that czech rep were better in defence than going forward but then they took the opportunity when it mattered.

My personal opinion is that when they do that ( play to defend) it is because they fear the opposition and hope for a draw. And that is a compliment to the opposing team.
Czech rep I feel, did not need to play like that as they are a good team in their own right.
They are never to be under rated.

However, the facts still remain , if Portugal hadn't been gifted an own goal , and the game remained the same , it would indeed have been a draw.

For what it's worth , I have always liked Portugal.
And no-one can take it away from Ronaldo.
I'm thrilled to see him in another world tournament and I highly regard him as a person too.

But it doesn't matter how good they are on the day , the only thing that matters is the score.
We all know teams that are rubbish can win by fluke , and teams that are good can lose by bad luck.

I also personally believe that both England and France greatly under- performed.
But maybe I'm just too harsh ?
Old Today, 11:03 AM
Master

Yay! Our lovely little Diogo Jota scored for Portugal! Brilliant!

Just watched a good YouTube video of England fans singing the Beatles song “hey Jude” when Jude Bellingham scored. Awesome!

Yeah I hate it when a team “parks the bus”. It just p……..s me off no end. Makes watching the game boring and frustrating for fans and probably annoying for the players. Mourinho was one for pulling that off a lot of the time.

Oh well……the show goes on……
Old Today, 11:17 AM
Master

Haha.... Yes great a Liverpool player scored for you RED.
And again , a Liverpool connection with the fans singing "Hey Jude" to Bellingham.
But by all accounts Bellingham loved it because husband just said he loves a lot of the retro songs .