Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old Today, 04:39 AM
Master

Hi Fairy.
It's really really good !
( Again, I'm thinking you could make them to sell in your art gallery !!! )
It reminds me of a dolls house, so you know what's coming next dont you ?
A custom made dolls house for your granddaughter
complete with all the furniture haha...
Old Today, 08:56 AM
Master
No, after this I'm good, hihi.
It has had its toll on my body to do this, and I'm not there yet.
This really is a one-off project.

As for a dolls house... we still have the one my ex husband made for our daughter :)
I decorated it at the time with wallpaper and flooring that we'd used in our children's bedrooms.
The dolls house is at my girl's place, the furniture and cute li'l metal cutlery are in my house.
My ex had a special electric saw for finer things like that.
I have the hand-held type of jigsaw you use to saw planks and small beams. You cannot really do very fine work with that.

And thank you for cheering me on!
Old Today, 09:07 AM
Master

Ahhhh....
Nice that you have managed to do the cats house though ...
Well done you !!!
And so sweet you have still got in the family the dolls house made for your daughter.

I love dolls houses.
I never had one , but my sister in law has one ( like a stately home ) with all the bells and whistles .

As you say , tiny cutlery , all the little details and I just love it.

Not sure why , but I am addicted to miniatures in any way, shape or form...!
Old Today, 12:46 PM
Master

Omg you have done an amazing job of this cats house. Brilliant!!! Lucky cats.

The dolls house you mentioned sounds lovely. What about posting a pic of that as well. I luuuuuv dolls houses!
Old Today, 01:42 PM
Master
Thank you both!!

The dolls house is not an overly fancy one, but still cute and sturdy so a child could really play with it.

I don't have a photo of it though. Maybe somewhere in my photo albums, not sure.

Come to think of it.... we even were working on lights in it! With tiny switches on the walls in the rooms, haha.
Somehow we never got to properly finish that off. Not sure why, long time ago!!

Currently painting the insides of the roof, back & sides of the cathouse.
Bumped into a problem: I couldn't get to the inside of the back :/
I'd planned to simply screw it off, but then realised there are supports attached to it to hold up the floor of the top house.
Screwing off the back meant I'd lose that entire construction and I wasn't in the mood to sod around with that again, it'd be disassembling too much.

So... I carefully put it on its back. I haven't got a proper workbench, so it sits on a larger slab of multiplex that's on top of a bunch of beams and planks. It's quite stable, but anything big like toppling over the cathouse... Could've resulted in the planks/beams and wooden plate sliding and then I wouldn't be able to hold that larger cathouse.
But I did it!!

Goddess knows how I'm going to get it upright again, haha.