Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 08-11-2015, 10:14 AM
Master

Decks you never thought you'd resonate with, but do?

So today I'm happily surfing my way along the internet, and somehow I wind up at the Druid Craft Tarot, and... I get it :/

It's not really my aesthetic and I have zero leanings towards druid craft personally, but I look at the cards and it makes sense in my head :/ And now I feel really confused on the inside and don't know what to do. Buy? Appreciate from afar?

Thoughts? Experiences?
Old 08-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Master
There are some really beautiful cards in there!!
I don't really see the "druid" content here, lol. To me it's just a bit more paganistic than most, i.e. featuring Cernunnos, Fferyllt etc.
If you're not at all familiar with paganism and its symbols it might be a tad weird, but on the other hand side, isn't paganism part of most Tarot decks?

If you feel drawn to it, like to work with more than one deck, I'd say go for it!
Old 08-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Guide
I love the Druidcraft , the deck is very earthy. As FairyCrystal commented it does have a pagan feel to it but i don't think that will deter you from reading with it. The only downsize is the size of the cards, larger than normal - 3.54" x 5.51", i have a trimmed one with no titles and no borders which is great size wise. It's a great deck :)
Old 08-11-2015, 11:59 PM
55Degrees

The first time I saw Deviant Moon I shuddered, (its grotequely weird) but over time the images started to draw me in. I can honestly say I looooove this deck.
It's honest but with a twisted sense of humour (and a bit sarcastic). My friend had her first reading with it last week, she likened it to being slapped across the face with a wellington boot. But hey! I did try to warn her (I actually felt so bad I had to draw a card from the Kuan Yin Oracle for her and I never use that deck for anyone except for myself).

Another deck is Fairy Lights. It's so far removed from Waite Smith symbolism it's like a law unto itself. I felt like I'd made a big mistake when I received it, but now it's one of my favourites for self reading, it pieces together like an ethereal jigsaw. Although it took me a while to work out what and how it was trying to tell me.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Master
Wow, the Fairy Lights is very intriguing! I can see how that is not easy to work out.
Dare I even ask how many decks you have? An approximation is also okay, lol
Old 09-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Master

Sometimes I think Pisces Moon is like the witch in the woods (from Hansel and Gretel), except she's actually nice and her house is built from tarot decks and oracle decks instead of gingerbread
Old 09-11-2015, 02:52 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily

Sometimes I think Pisces Moon is like the witch in the woods (from Hansel and Gretel), except she's actually nice and her house is built from tarot decks and oracle decks instead of gingerbread

Awww thank you, and I wish I could have a house built from tarot decks

@FairyCrystal
I currently own 25+ tarot decks most of which I use. Some, admittedly, were bought on a whim and I have no regrets on getting. I do have some decks that I really don't work with for various reasons, some I havezft52 for personal use only and others (like Legacy of the Divine) are my go to decks.

My oracle collection is pretty much the same (about 30 decks), and are used in much the same way, I have a few that I still need to work with to get a good feel for, however, these are the ones that really make you dig deep (not something everybody feels ready for or wants to do and that's fine).