Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 06-07-2015, 08:25 PM
twoheadeddog

Interested in indigenous beliefs

Hi, I'm interested in beliefs of people like the Aboriginals, Kogi of Columbia, and Native Americans (those are the only ones I've been learning about, I'm sure there's lots more). Is there a forum here for that?

I like that they make offerings to the earth, believe that it is a person that feels, believe that there are sacred places in nature that are mothers to animals and plants.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:24 PM
Knower

You aren't likely to find them on-line. Some can't afford the computer, others feel that religion is private. But all Paganism is much the same in its attitude to the Earth. The Greeks worshiped the Nymphs and the Germans made offerings to the Land Wights.

Native Americans have written books, though. Two that are on my list of things to read are
Anishinaabe mino-bimaadiziwin: way of a good life
Meditations with the Hopi, by Boissiere
The first is actually by Ojibwa; the second is by a man who lived in a pueblo and got the locals to read his MS before he published.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:09 PM
twoheadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMcCann
You aren't likely to find them on-line. Some can't afford the computer, others feel that religion is private. But all Paganism is much the same in its attitude to the Earth. The Greeks worshiped the Nymphs and the Germans made offerings to the Land Wights.

Native Americans have written books, though. Two that are on my list of things to read are
Anishinaabe mino-bimaadiziwin: way of a good life
Meditations with the Hopi, by Boissiere
The first is actually by Ojibwa; the second is by a man who lived in a pueblo and got the locals to read his MS before he published.
Thank you!
Old 10-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Suspended
The Forum listed above this one, is for Native Americans. I am Navajo Indian and I have a computer, and can post online. I put a link below for a CD set about the Lakota, that I highly recommend. Also I recommend the book "Seven Arrows" by H Storm.

http://www.soundstrue.com/store/livi...-way-2770.html

The Lakota Way
Old 12-07-2015, 12:42 PM
twoheadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
The Forum listed above this one, is for Native Americans. I am Navajo Indian and I have a computer, and can post online. I put a link below for a CD set about the Lakota, that I highly recommend. Also I recommend the book "Seven Arrows" by H Storm.

http://www.soundstrue.com/store/livi...-way-2770.html

The Lakota Way
Thanks so much! I will check those out! I really love indigenous beliefs, I think they have much to offer and can show us much that is missing today.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Master
Thanks for sharing these resources people!