Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Zenith

Astral Projection / OOBE / Dream?

Hi all,

I just wanted to know what you all make of this. I can't tell whether I should view it as an actual OOBE or just a really vivid dream.

I remember going down to sleep, but whilst on that "brink of sleep" stage I felt myself "vibrating" (it's the only way I can describe it), and so I turned around to lie on my back hoping it would stop, yet what I noticed was that I was now actually not aligned with my body.. it's difficult to describe. So I lay up in bed, but the first thing I noticed was that there seemed to be this grey-coloured "field" surrounding me, and I looked around and then saw my body in my bed - also covered in this grey tint.

Needless to say, I was rather worried, and looking around I could see my room as I had left it before I went to sleep. I got out of the bed, but began to worry that I was dead and might not be able to get back into my body. So, I panicked and tried to lay back into bed, i.e. I attempted to lie back in my body. Shortly after that I became aware that I was back in my body.

Now my question is, is this an OOBE? I don't know what constitutes an OOBE; do you have to be awake while having one, is it possible to spontaneously have one?

My background is broadly Judeo-Christian, and looking in my Bible, I notice that in the prophetic/mystic literature there are accounts of people being taken by the hand of the Lord into the Spirit (e.g. Ezekiel 37.1).

Is this merely a vivid dream or an actual OOBE, or somehow both?

God bless.
Old 28-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Master
Hi Zenith

In my opinion only ...Sounds like you are being given experiences, gifts of the spirit! I always ask for protection from God myself and used to call what I termed as a light grey cloud mist ... simply the mist coming in .. following later on by colors or some experience. The Vibration change I felt for me was my frequency changing and growing. Asking for protection and guidance is great in my view " as ask and you shall recieve".

I see things now awake or at bedtime sometimes when the world is quite so to speak. No experience is wasted, God bless you on your path.

Love and light
:)
Old 29-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith
Hi all,

I just wanted to know what you all make of this. I can't tell whether I should view it as an actual OOBE or just a really vivid dream.

To make a quick comment here...
I view all dreams as non-physical experiences. A dream is simply a non-physical experience where you fully believe you're living out your real life. Nothing more.

To answer your question... to me, that's most definitely an astral projection.

What tips me off is that you sound like you had your full waking awareness while you were in the non-physical. THAT to me, is an astral projection.

I call it being in the non-physical with an "astral" awareness. :)
Old 29-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Master
Zenith... Since this happened for you spontaneously and may happen again it would be good to learn more about what it means to be out-of-body and aware of it. And you may wish to develop the ability.

Here are some resources for learning - - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...2529#post32529

Xan