Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 11-07-2014, 12:41 AM
Master

Thanks Miss Hepburn for this sharing. I enjoyed that :)

I do find this thread amusing thou as I found some of the replies a little irrational. Seriously, how was Miss Hepburn going to rescue that fly? pop it into her pill box and then put it into her handbag to later take out with her? May I point out that in fly imprisonment would be an interference of the flys free will :P

I cant judge another negatively for taking attention off of a fly as I know I wouldnt hold my attention on a fly stuck in a plane for hours, I think there is better things I could do with my thoughts then "stressing" and "worrying" about something I cant do anything about except put a blessing onto the situation and good thoughts that it would escape. Sometimes we just need to be at peace with events and that we've done all we can and leave it the in the hands of what's meant to be.

I find too that manifestion is more powerful when we dont fret and rather project positive thoughts and then let them go. To stress about a situation after putting out good thoughts, is to doubt your own ability to manifest and change things, doubt weakens your manifestation ability.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn
Miss H....how could you take your focus off the fly?....you are so selfish...it's people like you ....yes you...you bug hating red neck...that give humans a bad rap in the bug world....really...some people.....would you leave a baby alone at the playground???? ...no....so why would you take your focus off that poor baby fly....you need to get your priorities in order...Missy!!!

love
acorn
Thank you for that...next time I shouldn't place my laptop on my belly, tho!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-07-2014, 04:02 AM
Night Owl

Lovely story. Thank you for sharing. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
Surely to help would be to free the fly from the aeroplane?

It is possible to only focus on a part of a story and miss the bigger inter-connected picture.
Everything effects everything else and I don't think it would be unreasonable or far fetched to consider that Miss Hepburns Love towards the fly actually travelled far and wide, beyond the fly. For example, it probably made Miss Hepburn feel extra happy...and that would have effected the rest of her interactions with other beings that day in a positive way... And who really knows what courses of events were changed because of that ... Who was responsible in that case, the fly or Miss Hepburn ... Or the person who let the fly on the plane ... Or the person who built the plane ... etc, etc ...? Maybe if Miss Hepburn had helped the fly off the plane, it would have been splatted to it's death by someone else ?... Or maybe the fly liked being inside the plane, it was the one who decided to enter the plane afterall! ... Miss Hepburn is not responsible for that. Maybe by removing the fly she would interfere with it's own course and the course of other things....who knows. In the same way, ideas of good or bad are not true perceptions but limited experiences, which can be short sighted, especially in the context of helping others ... It could just as well be unhelpful interfering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Limitations in expectations?....no way

Agree.

I've been reflecting on expectation, in the context of, is expectation really 'good or bad' in itself?
I now believe expectation's are only limiting if expectation involves a preconceived destination. There are no destinations because every 'thing' or 'destination' has unlimited potential and possibility ...And therefore expectation - translated as unlimited potential and possibility - can't be perceived as good or bad.
So I believe being truly present involves being aware of all unlimited potential and possibility...
Fixed beliefs are limiting. There are no limits. Being present becomes presence if we're not stagnating, but are growing in our fullest possible potential.

Last edited by Night Owl : 11-07-2014 at 05:54 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Hi, Night Owl, and thank you..should we start a diff thread on expectations?
I'll start something here anyway.
I DO understand, truly, the idea of not having expectations in people.
But, I have 100% expectation in God or the Law of Attraction or 'The Source' or in what I know of Reality and how It works...believe and receive.

To quote someone else, I wish I had said it...If you plant corn, you expect corn..(not tomatoes, in other words). If you do a days work, you expect payment. When I ask, I expect to receive. Pure and simple.

Jesus even said as much...If you ask your father for bread,
will he give you a stone?

My expectations are high and they haven't failed me yet.
Remember for any new people that don't know me ...i never expected to be saddled with a 30 yr mortgage (that seemed preposterous to me)...
sure enough, someone gave me $100,000 to pay it off in '12, no strings, except don't tell anyone who gave it to me.

And that isn't EVEN the most wonderful thing that has
happened when I 'knew' or expected a particular outcome.

If you don't expect much...that is what you'll get, I say.

Again, sorry Shabda, I don't like disagreeing with you.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Deactivated Account

Miss H, I believe setting an intention and having an expectation are two different things.

I don't see time involved when I set an intention, so what I ask has already been accomplished if it was meant to be.. I only had to ask it. It's an inner knowing that's different to holding energy hostage to limitations that you create.

Expectations are about not allowing the situation to be itself and therefore blocking yourself from better opportunities and circumstances.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Miss H, I believe setting an intention and having an expectation are two different things.

I don't see time involved when I set an intention, so what I ask has already been accomplished if it was meant to be.. I only had to ask it. It's an inner knowing that's different to holding energy hostage to limitations that you create.

Expectations are about not allowing the situation to be itself and therefore blocking yourself from better opportunities and circumstances.
Thank you. It is fascinating to learn other people's
perspectives on things. :)

I have a belief system that is often different than others...that
being that 'meant to be' part...here is how it goes...
The Creator wants everything for me that is for my good...finances, health, general happiness and all
around abundance ('til it overflow's..John 10:10 from the Amplified Bible).
I believe that is my Father's Will for me, His adored child...

So anything that makes me happy according to His Will can be mine.
And why not? There is no reason...this is the nature of love.
(Against His Will would be if I wanted to successfully rob a bank, for example).

To 'me', expectations block nothing...esp if you are asking or expecting
in a big general way.
I actually never do that... if I ask for more $$...the Universe may have me find a dollar tomorrow.
So, I ask and expect specifically for 'a lot' of $$....or the exact
hard to find book.
I now have had 5 copies, I give to people, of 'that hard to find book".
See, no limitations...no blocking...for me, that is.

So far so good.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
ME, TOO!!

Limitations in expectations?....no way, sorry Shabda, still love ya.

look more closely, because its true....what i didnt mention is that there ARE two sides to it as well...however, expectations ARE a mental activity, and ARE a limitation on perception....many people cant see beyond their own expectation because they refuse to, and what is that a condition of?? the ego, plain and simple, any mental activity that a person is SO attached to that they refuse to do without it IS a limit to the Soul's awareness....however, then there is the other side of it, expectation CAN be the Soul choosing to view things from the state of the wish fulfilled, and this of course is what enables the ability to FEEL that state, thus activating the ability to manifest creatively, and this is why it is called NOT the law of attraction which is an inaccurate name, but the law of assumption....this is what we call a paradox you see? both options SEEM to oppose each other, and yet BOTH are actually true...circumstances and intention/motivation discern the one from the other and therefore neither is accurate as a general statement meant to include all instances of expectation...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 12-07-2014, 03:11 PM
I have a full day today...I am coming back to REALLY absorb this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
look more closely, because its true....what i didnt mention is that there ARE two sides to it as well...however, expectations ARE a mental activity, and ARE a limitation on perception....many people cant see beyond their own expectation because they refuse to, and what is that a condition of?? the ego, plain and simple, any mental activity that a person is SO attached to that they refuse to do without it IS a limit to the Soul's awareness....however, then there is the other side of it, expectation CAN be the Soul choosing to view things from the state of the wish fulfilled, and this of course is what enables the ability to FEEL that state, thus activating the ability to manifest creatively, and this is why it is called NOT the law of attraction which is an inaccurate name, but the law of assumption....this is what we call a paradox you see? both options SEEM to oppose each other, and yet BOTH are actually true...circumstances and intention/motivation discern the one from the other and therefore neither is accurate as a general statement meant to include all instances of expectation...

Old 13-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Ok...this was very hard for me to "get"...and I read it slowly...
I need 'simple'.

If I simply need something, say, and by trusting in God/Universe that it will be provided (an expectation)...it comes...always has.
I see that could be looked at as a limitation...I am only asking for
what I need and I get what I need.
Is an expectation a 'mental activity'? I had never given it a thought.
Sure, I am applying my logic...(It is pure logic to me that if I ask,
the way the System works, I receive)...
also, my belief and faith and
knowledge of past experiences or what I have learned to be true...mental
activity? I guess,
I don't know ... it is knowledge in my heart, soul, spirit, mind, memory...
see, you are losing me.

OK, Law of Attraction, Law of Assumption, I follow that.

Quote:
....this is what we call a paradox you see? both options SEEM to oppose each other, and yet BOTH
are actually true...circumstances and intention/motivation discern the one from the other and therefore neither
is accurate as a general statement meant to include all instances of expectation..

This, above, just simply went over my head, it was too complicated
for me to understand.

''circimstances and intention discern the one from the other"

I just have no idea what that even means,
and I'm not embarrassed to say that.

I 'feel' when I sit and meditate and I 'expect' a wonderful experience...
I am not limiting a thing...whatever
comes comes...and it is never disappointing. See, how simple I am?

When I plant corn, I 'expect' to get corn.
Is that limiting?
Well, yes...I am not expecting tomatoes.
When I work. I 'expect' to be paid.
Is that limiting? Well, yes, because someone can give me a big tip.
(Ha, and they often do, un'expectedly!)

I don't want to be limiting myself unwittingly, Shabda.
If you can open me to a limitation I have and you can help me more simply
please try it.
I'm sorry, I'm being a simpleton.

(How are expectations a limitation on perception? Am I expecting too little?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda