Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 27-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Djurplagare89

Are we Forgetting our Mother? (Earth)

As I see it we keep getting further away from our native environments. Everything is made of concrete nowadays. For example, a beautiful park is getting overbuild into a parking lot. Our technology is overwhelmed with updates to make an easier life for us. In our household we got everything the robot-style, both on vacuum cleaner, and lawnmowers FGS!
We dont know how to cook from start, then blaming ourselves it take too much energy and time plus money, then complaining about boredom... We have become lazier from all kinds of amenities created by humans to...ease it for us?
Many have trouble not knowing how to stay safe in a forest without panicking, how to build a cabin or hunt successfully. Our bad knowledge and lack of confidence is fatal in nature. Why is that? We have forgot to listen within our very soul to make a connection with her. (Mother Nature)

We ain't creating future in the name of Mother Earth! We are still blaming nature to be cruel towards us, not that its a way to recuperate from nuclear, I wonder who's right...?
I wonder how the planet will look like in another 1000 years?

The matter to this discussion, what has happened to us? Why are we doing this to ourselves?! Why do we have such lack of everything that is needed and tons of supplies we dont really need?
I have one idea when we started trading with money, money is so materialistic but can blind a mans eye into greed.

We are so going downhill!
Im sorry, I just needed to be a part of nature, which you all are.
Old 27-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djurplagare89
As I see it we keep getting further away from our native environments. Everything is made of concrete nowadays. For example, a beautiful park is getting overbuild into a parking lot. Our technology is overwhelmed with updates to make an easier life for us. In our household we got everything the robot-style, both on vacuum cleaner, and lawnmowers FGS!
We dont know how to cook from start, then blaming ourselves it take too much energy and time plus money, then complaining about boredom... We have become lazier from all kinds of amenities created by humans to...ease it for us?
Many have trouble not knowing how to stay safe in a forest without panicking, how to build a cabin or hunt successfully. Our bad knowledge and lack of confidence is fatal in nature. Why is that? We have forgot to listen within our very soul to make a connection with her. (Mother Nature)

We ain't creating future in the name of Mother Earth! We are still blaming nature to be cruel towards us, not that its a way to recuperate from nuclear, I wonder who's right...?
I wonder how the planet will look like in another 1000 years?

The matter to this discussion, what has happened to us? Why are we doing this to ourselves?! Why do we have such lack of everything that is needed and tons of supplies we dont really need?
I have one idea when we started trading with money, money is so materialistic but can blind a mans eye into greed.

We are so going downhill!
Im sorry, I just needed to be a part of nature, which you all are.

Djurplagare89 – There is a song by Joni Mitchell that summarizes how I feel about human’s relationship with the environment, “They paved paradise and put up a parking lot…” I watched an environmental TV program the other day on PBS and was horrified. They talked about 85% of the children born near Love Canal where toxic waste was dumped, were born with birth defects. Later in the program Green Peace tried to keep slaughter ships from harpooning whales and bringing them on the ship to slice up for their fat to fuel missiles of mass destruction. The whales could be heard crying as they were shot. Then before I couldn’t take it anymore, baby white seals were having their heads bashed in and dragged half alive in the bloody snow. I cried and I cry for the way man is banishing the natural flow of nature with damns, cutting down forests, urban sprawl. Where I live I’ve seen 6 deer dead next to busy roads. I just keep repeating in my head over and over “The animals have no place to go.” In the last week alone I learned many of the local farmers are being forced to give up their mineral rights for oil drilling. The ironic thing about it is they claim there will be less dependence on foreign oil, yet I read once they gets the oil out of the ground they will sell it to the highest bidder, that may very well be foreign anyway. It just seems like development is out of control and only small environmental interest groups are yelling out at the politicians, who aren’t listening. I sigh. I hear you speaking loud and clear about Mother Earth.

Blackraven
Old 27-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Djurplagare89

Thats so awful Blackraven :(
We have become too many, and thats final!

Hehe...yes, Ive noticied... *blush* Just a reminder to you all I think.
Old 28-04-2014, 02:05 AM
Guide

Yeah, I think so too. And this is from someone who loves cities. I am a city guy at heart. The Metropolis is my paradise. I do feel that humanity's penchant for building elaborate habitats is just a part as nature as the forest, or the savannah. However humanity still hasn't learned the art of moderation among other disciplines. Taking that only which you need and conserving the rest. To most humans, this violates what has become a very distorted concept of what being free really means and individuality (which has become conflated by the philosophical ideology of individualism).

I have, as one of those 'connected' millennials, have become slowly disillusioned and disenchanted by technology. Technology is great for advancements in health care, basic industrial uses, and things wild and out there like interstellar travel. But I feel most technology has been created to pacify the masses [ie. consumer electronics] and doesn't do much to contribute to the greater advancement of humanity. So many things have become unnecessarily automated, all in the name of efficiency. However in the greater picture this efficiency is actually not efficient at all. In Japan they still have hundreds of elevator attendants in many buildings, even though most places have outmoded them since the 60s.

I admit, I'm a big sucker for vintage. Especially the 1940s – 1940s was my favorite decade (my parents were products of the 40s!). Much of my love for that era was in the little things though. The aesthetic, style and the sense of community (albeit without the circumstances it was the result of). Anything from the 1920s up to the early 1960s. Things were done more thoroughly, emphasis was placed on the importance of quality and craftsmanship. Clothes were made by hand in many cases, food was grown and produced without the strings attached to consumer foods today. Most people walked, biked (or took public transportation). There was a community, there were standards. Admittedly I do get nostalgic about it, even though I never experienced that decade and there were also skeletons in the closet. You do hear a great deal about how everything was basically centered around the war. Lots of rationing. I've only recently learned that in Britain, rationing continued well into the 50s even. Mass production (i.e. wasteful production) has saturated the economy, and our environment as well. Our entire society today can be summed up in the word saturated.

I used to be a big proponent of an extremely high-tech future where humanity and machine become one with each other. However, aside from the benefits of nanotechnology in anti-aging, life extension, and healthcare; the creation of raw materials through nanotech; and interstellar space travel, I feel many technologies are unnecessary. But this is coming from an extremely amateur perspective. I am though a proponent of a mixed-tech society. Primarily low-mid tech, with elements of high technology that truly benefits mankind. Technology is beneficial, but only when it does not become the master of humanity. We expect technology to do everything for us, but when it does – we inadvertently become 'slaves' to it.

The biggest reason why we have become the way we are though, is through the loss of our spiritual center both individually and collectively. Unfortunately science has inadvertently boosted the philosophy of materialism, and this has accelerated the detachment of our selves physically from our underlying spiritual nature.

There is much talk of new worlds beyond our oort cloud that may one day be host to the descendants of human society. Most people hear about the idea of colonization and think 'great another planet to destroy'. I don't feel this way, I feel it is a greater opportunity to find a new start, a new mother. When we get there though, engaging ourselves spiritually with the environment and everything that comes with it will be important before anything else – before any new home is built.
Old 28-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusmaximus
Yeah, I think so too. And this is from someone who loves cities. I am a city guy at heart. The Metropolis is my paradise. I do feel that humanity's penchant for building elaborate habitats is just a part as nature as the forest, or the savannah. However humanity still hasn't learned the art of moderation among other disciplines. Taking that only which you need and conserving the rest. To most humans, this violates what has become a very distorted concept of what being free really means and individuality (which has become conflated by the philosophical ideology of individualism).

I have, as one of those 'connected' millennials, have become slowly disillusioned and disenchanted by technology. Technology is great for advancements in health care, basic industrial uses, and things wild and out there like interstellar travel. But I feel most technology has been created to pacify the masses [ie. consumer electronics] and doesn't do much to contribute to the greater advancement of humanity. So many things have become unnecessarily automated, all in the name of efficiency. However in the greater picture this efficiency is actually not efficient at all. In Japan they still have hundreds of elevator attendants in many buildings, even though most places have outmoded them since the 60s.

I admit, I'm a big sucker for vintage. Especially the 1940s – 1940s was my favorite decade (my parents were products of the 40s!). Much of my love for that era was in the little things though. The aesthetic, style and the sense of community (albeit without the circumstances it was the result of). Anything from the 1920s up to the early 1960s. Things were done more thoroughly, emphasis was placed on the importance of quality and craftsmanship. Clothes were made by hand in many cases, food was grown and produced without the strings attached to consumer foods today. Most people walked, biked (or took public transportation). There was a community, there were standards. Admittedly I do get nostalgic about it, even though I never experienced that decade and there were also skeletons in the closet. You do hear a great deal about how everything was basically centered around the war. Lots of rationing. I've only recently learned that in Britain, rationing continued well into the 50s even. Mass production (i.e. wasteful production) has saturated the economy, and our environment as well. Our entire society today can be summed up in the word saturated.

I used to be a big proponent of an extremely high-tech future where humanity and machine become one with each other. However, aside from the benefits of nanotechnology in anti-aging, life extension, and healthcare; the creation of raw materials through nanotech; and interstellar space travel, I feel many technologies are unnecessary. But this is coming from an extremely amateur perspective. I am though a proponent of a mixed-tech society. Primarily low-mid tech, with elements of high technology that truly benefits mankind. Technology is beneficial, but only when it does not become the master of humanity. We expect technology to do everything for us, but when it does – we inadvertently become 'slaves' to it.

The biggest reason why we have become the way we are though, is through the loss of our spiritual center both individually and collectively. Unfortunately science has inadvertently boosted the philosophy of materialism, and this has accelerated the detachment of our selves physically from our underlying spiritual nature.

There is much talk of new worlds beyond our oort cloud that may one day be host to the descendants of human society. Most people hear about the idea of colonization and think 'great another planet to destroy'. I don't feel this way, I feel it is a greater opportunity to find a new start, a new mother. When we get there though, engaging ourselves spiritually with the environment and everything that comes with it will be important before anything else – before any new home is built.

optimusmaximus - There is a lot said in your post that resonates with me such as “Mass production (i.e. wasteful production) has saturated the economy, and our environment as well. Our entire society today can be summed up in the word saturated.”

That statement reminds me of rats in a maze trying to locate the food at the end. Panic, chaos and frustration set in not only for rats but for us and every other animal on the planet.

“Technology is beneficial, but only when it does not become the master of humanity. We expect technology to do everything for us, but when it does – we inadvertently become 'slaves' to it.”

That’s so true. I live near a college town and when I’m in town I notice no one is walking and looking at other people and saying hello. No, everyone is walking around like a zombies, avoiding eye contact and staring at their smart phones while walking into the street in front of cars. What is happening to our society? Everyone seems so disconnected from one another. What kind of communication skills will future generations have given the current and future advancements in technology? I fear no one will want to sit down and read some good literature, but opt for quick skims on the internet.

I feel it’s time to get back to basics such as escaping the cell phone, TV and video games and go outside to dig up some dirt and plant something, anything. Sustainability cannot depend on technology alone and neither can satiety. The underlying spiritual nature often is pushed out of awareness or even desire when detachment takes the forefront for too long.

Blackraven
Old 04-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Djurplagare89 – There is a song by Joni Mitchell that summarizes how I feel about human’s relationship with the environment, “They paved paradise and put up a parking lot…” I watched an environmental TV program the other day on PBS and was horrified. They talked about 85% of the children born near Love Canal where toxic waste was dumped, were born with birth defects. Later in the program Green Peace tried to keep slaughter ships from harpooning whales and bringing them on the ship to slice up for their fat to fuel missiles of mass destruction. The whales could be heard crying as they were shot. Then before I couldn’t take it anymore, baby white seals were having their heads bashed in and dragged half alive in the bloody snow. I cried and I cry for the way man is banishing the natural flow of nature with damns, cutting down forests, urban sprawl. Where I live I’ve seen 6 deer dead next to busy roads. I just keep repeating in my head over and over “The animals have no place to go.” In the last week alone I learned many of the local farmers are being forced to give up their mineral rights for oil drilling. The ironic thing about it is they claim there will be less dependence on foreign oil, yet I read once they gets the oil out of the ground they will sell it to the highest bidder, that may very well be foreign anyway. It just seems like development is out of control and only small environmental interest groups are yelling out at the politicians, who aren’t listening. I sigh. I hear you speaking loud and clear about Mother Earth.

Blackraven

It's sad indeed that within all this, human beings don't see their own doom. Quite aside from the disrespect shown in some quarters toward other living beings, commerce demands the razing of forests - our oxygen factories! There are plenty of speculative reports on the Amazon dying toward the end of this century unless action is taken very quickly. Consider that in a decade the area suffered two "once in a century" droughts and has yet to recover fully from the second. Some reports may be fear-inspired but there's much evidence that desertification is appearing in small patches in the forest.

The ecology is a delicately balanced system in the true sense - a massive and complex collection of functionally related components. Do something to it and it will adjust to a new level. Raze a forest here and the air currents above it change leading to shifts in the climate globally. Our incessant plundering of our ecology is slowly and surely pushing it out of its ability to support humanity - deaths from industrial smog, poisons in the food chain, etc. Even diesel fumes have been shown to be carcinogenic W.H.O). I laugh sometimes at the anti-smoking brigade, lobbying away pointing to deaths and diseases caused by smoking - a nice, visible scapegoat...that hides many other pollutants that cause respiratory diseases by pretending that smoking is the only cause!

But...commerce and economics come before people. Always profits before people. Cynical perhaps, but it so often seems to be: so what a few deaths? They shouldn't be allowed to stand in the way of today's profits.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It's sad indeed that within all this, human beings don't see their own doom. Quite aside from the disrespect shown in some quarters toward other living beings, commerce demands the razing of forests - our oxygen factories! There are plenty of speculative reports on the Amazon dying toward the end of this century unless action is taken very quickly. Consider that in a decade the area suffered two "once in a century" droughts and has yet to recover fully from the second. Some reports may be fear-inspired but there's much evidence that desertification is appearing in small patches in the forest.

The ecology is a delicately balanced system in the true sense - a massive and complex collection of functionally related components. Do something to it and it will adjust to a new level. Raze a forest here and the air currents above it change leading to shifts in the climate globally. Our incessant plundering of our ecology is slowly and surely pushing it out of its ability to support humanity - deaths from industrial smog, poisons in the food chain, etc. Even diesel fumes have been shown to be carcinogenic W.H.O). I laugh sometimes at the anti-smoking brigade, lobbying away pointing to deaths and diseases caused by smoking - a nice, visible scapegoat...that hides many other pollutants that cause respiratory diseases by pretending that smoking is the only cause!

But...commerce and economics come before people. Always profits before people. Cynical perhaps, but it so often seems to be: so what a few deaths? They shouldn't be allowed to stand in the way of today's profits.

I hear you loud and clear, Lorelyen and agree with everything you've said here. I am appalled at the rate of deforestation taking place all over this globe. How do people expect to breathe with the amount of pollutants being put in the air and the only way to get the benefits of plant-producing is to leave them be, ie. preserve what is left standing and plant more trees now. The housing boom is driving more and more forest to be cut down in order to build homes. But what about our need to breathe? What about the forest being the home to millions of animals? Oh I could go on a rampage on this subject. I'm very passionate about the environment, recycling 95% of waste and driving only when absolutely necessary.

You make an interesting point about the smoking dangers when all around us factories are allowed to put massive amounts of pollutants in the air. GLobal change is indeed a real issue. Global changes have caused catastrophic weather changes throughout the world. Even the wild fires on the west side of the U.S. have stained the sides of glaziers at the North Pole causing them to melt even faster.

UN needs to start listening to the experts of global changes and make and enforce policies that reverse the damages caused by man. Amen, Lorelyen!

Blackraven