Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Master
And God Said "The Earth Is My Body"

Well he didn't really. But this morning I suddenly had the thought that maybe the physical realm is God's BODY!

I have my own body - arms, legs, head...etc. So maybe God's body is the universe and all that within it?

I really like that idea. I have a physical body; and now so does God. Gods body is infinitly bigger than mine....if you compare my body to the universe.

And my body is a part of the universal God Body.

The Universe Is Gods Body! Hurrah! Got It!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 21-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Animus27

Panentheism shares this idea. To a degree.
Old 21-11-2010, 02:34 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The Universe Is Gods Body! Hurrah! Got It!

Hi Honza, this is not same as saying there is no God? Why do you insist on the God idea?

3dnow
Old 21-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Suspended
Hiya Jan

I remember something MizLori said years ago on SF that I thought was fascinating.

She thought we were all cells in a huge body. All vital, all connected, all needed for the life of the body. She never mentioned god, but likened the body to the universe, if I'm not mistaken.

Some cells were bad, some mutinied and some mutated, just like the cells in our bodies.

It appealed to me very much. And your post reminds me of this.

Love Sarah
Old 21-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Master
The Earth is our Mother Goddess, yes. "Let us make man in our image"- Father God, Mother Goddess, and the soul Jesus Christ is G-O-D. God is both transcendent and immanent. And both natures of God can be fully manifested in us.
Old 21-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Summerkat

In Goddess traditions (not sure about other paths) the Earth has always been seen as Her body. So too the Universe would be. Things aren't separate its all one. So Honza your revelation is quite good :)
Old 21-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Suspended

Okay let me put myself in your shoes for a second and just say that Nature has a lot of things to say about God (as I have seen you perceive him).

The more we know about the physical world the closer we get to the God (you profess).

And you will realize that the greatest, most complex body on earth is the Human body.

That is the greatest image of God (as you define him) ever created.

Love and adore thy selves.

For when you do you love God.
Old 21-11-2010, 09:03 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Many versions of mankind's idea of God say many things.. some are agreeable and some are conflicting, but.. all are mankind's interpretation of a greater wholeness.. the analogy of cells within a body is quite useful in explaining the relationship between the 'part' and the whole'..

Be well..