Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 07-04-2014, 03:36 AM
boris76

DNA

Recently, I was told that a rather large portion of my dna is used to remember and recall past life experiences.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Master

At the present time they only know what a small part of the dna code does . Personaly I think past life memories are stored some where else .
Old 07-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Bioluminescence

Isn't there talk about how it's possible for us to inherit memories from our ancestors that gets carried in our DNA like genes? I think there was an actual conventional scientific hypothesis about that which came up quite recently. It's very interesting.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris76
Recently, I was told that a rather large portion of my dna is used to remember and recall past life experiences.
Is "used"?
By whom? Ha!
How do we access this' large portion'?
Remembering past lives to is like remembering first grade when I'm
a Senior, imo.

I happen to have had visions of 2 past lives...but I don't pursue them anymore.
If something needs to pop into my mind's eye to aid me, cool.
Just sayin'.

As I see it now, we were meant to move on.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Master

I think past life recall can be helpful in understanding why I do some things in this lifetime but I don't force the issue. Like Miss Hepburn said, if the memories come to my conscious mind fine, if they don't I don't force the recall.

I believe if it is meant to be it will happen. If it is not meant to be it will not happen or I will encounter roadblocks to fulfillment of the recall.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioluminescence
Isn't there talk about how it's possible for us to inherit memories from our ancestors that gets carried in our DNA like genes? I think there was an actual conventional scientific hypothesis about that which came up quite recently. It's very interesting.

I'm of the opinion that our DNA is very likely a blueprint for not only our current life, but our past, and possibly future lives as well.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Experiencer
Very interesting concept! I recently read an article written by a former atheist turned spiritualist who blogged on this very topic.

Ali Sina - Why I Believe in God and Afterlife Now

Here is an excerpt from his blog discussing memory.

New findings have made some to believe that memory is also stored in the heart. One interesting case is about an 8-year-old girl who had received a heart transplant from a 10-year-old girl that had been murdered, began to have nightmares about the donor’s murderer. After several consultations with a psychiatrist, it was decided that the police should be notified. The 8-year-old recipient was able to identify key clues about the murder, including who the murderer was, when and how it happened, and even the words spoken by the murderer to the victim. Amazingly, the entire testimony turned out to be true and the murderer was convicted for his crime. You can read about more such cases here or by searching “heart memory”.

It is not just the heart. Some organ transplant recipients report that after the transplant, they have started having memories that do not relate to their own experiences. This has led some researchers to hypothesize that memory is stored in all cells. They call this cellular memory.

These are all hypotheses. The truth may be shockingly different. What if memory is not in the body at all? What if the body is not just a biological machine, as it is believed to be today, but a receiver, like a radio or a television? What if consciousness is not a function of the brain, but a field of energy that engulfs the brain and makes it work, much like a driver in a car? Well these are also hypotheses. But is there any evidence to support them?

Neuroscientist John Hynes has made a startling discovery that our brain is activated seconds before we decide to do something. The experiment is simple, but the implication is earth shattering. Because Hynes, like most people today, thinks we are our body, he thinks someone (a separate eye) or something else is making our decisions subconsciously for us over which we have no control and that the belief that we make our decisions is an illusion

**Disclaimer - some of what Ali Sina blogs about is controversial.

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 09-04-2014, 04:29 AM
SpacePilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative
I'm of the opinion that our DNA is very likely a blueprint for not only our current life, but our past, and possibly future lives as well.

DNA and Karma (the actions of out past AND future possibilities) are the same thing. One is the physical manifestation of the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
Very interesting concept! I recently read an article written by a former atheist turned spiritualist who blogged on this very topic.

Ali Sina - Why I Believe in God and Afterlife Now

Here is an excerpt from his blog discussing memory.

New findings have made some to believe that memory is also stored in the heart. One interesting case is about an 8-year-old girl who had received a heart transplant from a 10-year-old girl that had been murdered, began to have nightmares about the donor’s murderer. After several consultations with a psychiatrist, it was decided that the police should be notified. The 8-year-old recipient was able to identify key clues about the murder, including who the murderer was, when and how it happened, and even the words spoken by the murderer to the victim. Amazingly, the entire testimony turned out to be true and the murderer was convicted for his crime. You can read about more such cases here or by searching “heart memory”.

It is not just the heart. Some organ transplant recipients report that after the transplant, they have started having memories that do not relate to their own experiences. This has led some researchers to hypothesize that memory is stored in all cells. They call this cellular memory.

These are all hypotheses. The truth may be shockingly different. What if memory is not in the body at all? What if the body is not just a biological machine, as it is believed to be today, but a receiver, like a radio or a television? What if consciousness is not a function of the brain, but a field of energy that engulfs the brain and makes it work, much like a driver in a car? Well these are also hypotheses. But is there any evidence to support them?

Neuroscientist John Hynes has made a startling discovery that our brain is activated seconds before we decide to do something. The experiment is simple, but the implication is earth shattering. Because Hynes, like most people today, thinks we are our body, he thinks someone (a separate eye) or something else is making our decisions subconsciously for us over which we have no control and that the belief that we make our decisions is an illusion

**Disclaimer - some of what Ali Sina blogs about is controversial.

The physical body is just the physical manifestation of energy sent by our supreme consciousness. Beings that can see our energy can see all the energy moving to manifest a decision long before we even realize we have to make a decision.

In old times, before anatomy was a subject of study, people believed the center of intelligence was in the heart. Only recently did scientists discover there is a network ob about 40 000 neurons on our heart that are directly linked to the brain. They are considering the possibility that these neurons actually control our thought process. The truth is that the heart center is our main manifestation center.