Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 02-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie
Thanks so much for your responses everyone :) It really helps ..However I have still not replied to that guy I started communication .. While I do trust that online dating have worked for some people , nothing beats the chemistry you feel when you are speaking to someone in person. My reason for not contacting the guy yet is because on his profile, it says that he drink occasionally . That's a deal breaker for me. I want to date someone who neither drinks or smokes...In my family, there's someone who met his future wife online. They were both honest with each other from the beginning and it has worked out for them. I don't want to rule out meeting someone in real life but it hasn't happened for years..

I suggest video chatting so you can see and talk live...use Skype or something like that because you can feel the chemistry. I met my mate through Xbox live and just by talking VOIP on the Xbox server through our Xbox headsets we could tell there was chemistry and video chat confirmed the chemistry, so when we met in person it was as if we already had been talking face to face (becuase we were already talking face to face but just couldn't touch each other through the computer screens). And he was a smoker which "should" have been a deal breaker but the chemistry couldn't be ignored.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:08 PM
SpiritAngel

I've tried online dating years ago way before my current partner came along but I would seem to attract idiots who were only interested in what they could get sexual wise and put me off and never bothered again.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
I suggest video chatting so you can see and talk live...use Skype or something like that because you can feel the chemistry. I met my mate through Xbox live and just by talking VOIP on the Xbox server through our Xbox headsets we could tell there was chemistry and video chat confirmed the chemistry, so when we met in person it was as if we already had been talking face to face (becuase we were already talking face to face but just couldn't touch each other through the computer screens). And he was a smoker which "should" have been a deal breaker but the chemistry couldn't be ignored.
That's a good suggestion :) It's so amazing that you could tell there was chemistry through your headsets . Love your story :)

I decided to reply him after some thought .. The fact that he drinks is a deal breaker ,but I'm simply being friends with him and there's no harm in getting to know someone..I don't have any expectations for now but if I feel this is going nowhere , I'll not pursue this.. I don't even know what he looks like ..It'll take some time before I even start video chatting :)
Old 04-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Experiencer
Too many guys write to me and when I start liking a guy another twenty write to me and I don't know how to settle on one guy.
I thought I met my soulmate on Xmas eve I was having the best time talking to him but now I don't feel anything for him and it makes me sad.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:41 AM
Master
Online dating has worked very good for me.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:48 AM
truestudentoflife

I think I can give you pretty much the same advice most of the people above have already given you. I have usually met my dates after a couple weeks of talking to them online. I don't really do long -distance relationships, as they never seem to work. And I've always met my dates in a public place for the first 3 dates at least, and never given out personal information for a little while, except my phone number. But you can also be discretionary about that as well, at the beginning, if you want. I have known two people who have met and married off of an online dating site. I met my current boyfriend off of a dating site. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. There are many sites to choose from, as well. If you are not having luck on one, I suggest trying another. In any case, good luck in your endeavors. And godspeed. :)
Old 06-01-2014, 06:37 AM
Master
Online dating is very safe. The only thing you have to worry about is if the people are actually honest. But that you can find out later.