Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 18-04-2014, 08:46 PM
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor

William, all I have been doing since I posted a story about what my understanding of ouija board use points to, is answer your questions, as best I can on my stance on the issue.

What story are you referring to Visitor?

Quote:
I think I have exhausted my thoughts on this subject, and I have no desire to swing anybodies theories to my way of thinking.

That seems rather dogmatic Visitor, but it is all your choice.

Quote:
My answers to your questions is me being honest about my views - nothing else.

Your views are not honest in themselves though Visitor. As such they require vilifying my own experiences and implying 'evil' is at the root of them.

Quote:
My original intention was to open another possibility of thought other than nailing everything down to science.

The forum is called "Science and Spirituality" and the ideomotor effect provides data and as such can be measured and compiled scientifically (in a scientific manner) and in relation to Ouija Principle 'whatever' is communicating with the individual can speak for itself.
It is hardly an act of spirituality to be consigning all sorts of 'evil' to that. Rather it is an act of superstition - propagating superstition is both unscientific and nonspiritual.

That is not my opinion. That is the fact of the matter.
Old 18-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Master
Hello William.
Wow.
I am sorry, you see my posts other than expressing my view in a sincere way.
In my posts, I have never thought of attacking your knowledge, experiences, or beliefs.
I am sorry that you see it that way and upset with me.
Hope, in time, you will forgive my unintentional intrusion.
Bye.
Old 18-04-2014, 11:11 PM
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
Hello William.
Wow.
I am sorry, you see my posts other than expressing my view in a sincere way.
In my posts, I have never thought of attacking your knowledge, experiences, or beliefs.
I am sorry that you see it that way and upset with me.
Hope, in time, you will forgive my unintentional intrusion.
Bye.

Now now Visitor, it is not like that at all. :)

I have only been commenting on the one post that you decided to post in this thread, and the interaction between us from then has been for me to try and understand why you chose to say what you did, and that is all.

Your replies have served to clarify your position, which I have then reflected back to you. Am I mistaken as to your position here?

I am not upset with you at all. It makes no difference to me what your position is to the point where I feel the need to react emotionally. My response - as I say - is to reflect back at you what you have stated your position is, and to do so in a matter of fact manner and to show the difference between our positions and preferred expression.

What I am attempting to offer is an alternate explanation based on actual personal experience. Many prefer to vilify the use of Ouija Principle and do so from a position of relative ignorance, even that they may have experienced what they think of in terms of 'negative' they are largely ignorant as to the true/proper use of this very real and scientifically measurable communications technique.

They prefer to treat it contemptuously and this perhaps identifies where in fact the negativity is sourced. Not in some 'dark, 'bottom dwelling' negative entities' of external nature and position, but rather internally. Within those expressing such disinformation into their external world.

It is my duty to speak the truth of my own experiences with said communication technique and device for to remain silent is to simply assist in the disinformation process happening.

I do so, not to make enemies or create argument. I do so to offer an alternate to the usual rumors, and to foster discussion.

I would like nothing more or less from you in this regard. I am rather strait to the point and realize that this may be interpreted as defensive - and in a way it is, but not for the purpose of getting involved in a war of words.

The thread title is Ouija board, science explains it? and jumping into the thread with the words "Oh look, they are playing our favourite game. Dinner time everyone!"
Evil sits down for a course of fears, a plate of anxiety and dread, sprinkled with terror. Mm! Evil ponders, 'without fear, we would surely starve'.
disrespects the intent of the thread title as well as those like myself, who have a different experience with such device.

If you are unwilling/unable to see this, then we are unlikely to get to a place where our interaction can find mutual agreement and I am happy if this be the case, to discontinue my attempts to find that place with you.

Sincerely

William
Old 19-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Master
Sure. But, either way, go play with the Ouiji board. Because, that's the thing to do.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 20-04-2014, 12:16 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by William
So then... you hear a story that involves the 'asking for proof' and when proof is provided, the reaction is fear.

Here - have a read of this thread.

It gives a different opinion about Ouija Principle and its usefulness.

It wasn't a story. This is a good friend of mine, that I know better than a brother. I know him better than he knows himself.

At the time of the incident, he was with some friends of his from work, with their wives or girlfriends. He' agnostic, borderline atheist, or at least was, at that time. I haven't had contact with him since I moved away from his city/State. A phone call, once in a while. He was the one that was standing near the board, as a couple was using the board, and it was he that asked for proof of the spirits present at the board.

When that tennis ball arose, and, came after him, everyone witnessing was shocked and in disbelief. He really doesn't even talk about the incident anymore. I asked him if maybe someone there was playing a prank, maybe had a thin, nearly invisible mono filament line attached to it, moving it around the room. He said no. All of them were shocked at scared at what they saw, the ball chasing him around the room. When he would stand still, the ball would stay still, in mid air. When he would move, the ball would follow him.

I think there was more that happened, but, he won't talk about it. I'm sure they all were scared. These were adults, by the way, not teenagers.

I'll read the link to the thread you posted.
Old 21-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Christine Deacon

They seem to be lower astral entities, whereas with channelling you can request only to contact Christ-consciousness or Higher
Old 22-04-2014, 05:06 PM
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine Deacon
They seem to be lower astral entities, whereas with channelling you can request only to contact Christ-consciousness or Higher

Who told you that and why is it believed to be so by you?
Old 23-04-2014, 03:25 AM
Master

[quote=Christine Deacon]They seem to be lower astral entities, whereas with channelling you can request only to contact Christ-consciousness or Higher[/QUOTE

Why is the term "Christ-consciousness' used, if you don't mind my asking. It makes it sound like only Christians can achieve that higher state of mind and consciousness that you're referring to and that simply isn't true. Why not use the term "Divine Mind" or some-such?

And yes - who told you that and why do you believe it to be so?
Old 25-04-2014, 08:20 PM
William

I think perhaps peoples belief systems determine what is what rather than reality.
So much spiritualism seems steeped in superstition and false impression, which leads to barriers.