Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 01-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Ajud

Question Chakras and Headaches

Hey there,

I'm new to the forum but have read every article posted under chakras and auras. I'm looking to get a little insight and will give a little bit of my experience.

Since reading all of these posts a lot of old memories have come up. I believe I have seen auras before and recently while trying to practice I seen a smoke/mist coming off of my hand. I got excited, lost focus and lost it.

Sometimes when I'm in a state (it's similar to a feeling of being half asleep and half awake) I can hear loud voices. Most commonly like someone is shouting my name or yelling just a word or two. It catches me off guard. I have asked if the people I'm with have called me and every time it's been a "no".

I can also feel energies. To me it's like feeling moods. I feel what someone is feeling energy wise. I don't know how to explain it. I just know.

Sorry for the rambling, I'll get to my point.
Recently I have been practising chakra meditation. However, every time I have practised I have ended up with a major headache. I will point out that I am one of those people who are fortunate to never ever get headaches or migraines. This strikes me as odd.

While practising my forehead started pulsing and I started to see a purple bird flying around (my eyes were closed) on a black and green background. I opened my eyes and it was like a purple light was coming from my hand and was entering my forehead. Nothing interesting has happened lately but I have stopped getting headaches.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why my headaches have stopped?
I'm also wondering if anyone could tell me how to open up my root chakra. For the life of me I can not picture a red light or anything suggested.
I feel my root chakra but I cannot picture it opening and it's beginning to frustrate me. I feel my third eye chakra, my throat chakra and my solar plexus chakra the most. I do not understand.
Any insight would be extremely helpful and beneficial.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Experiencer
Hi Ajud,
When you feel half awake and half asleep you are probably in a mild trance, I do this intentionally to communicate with my spirit guides. You are probably doing something similar; just make sure you protect yourself so only beings of light can communicate.

The way you perceive energy is known as an empath, I too perceive energy this way and with time have learned to shut it off at will.

On to your headaches; there’s a few reasons why those happen, based on your description I would say your headaches were caused by the opening of your 3rd eye. This usually happens when your 3rd eye starts to receive more energy than what it’s used to (expands more). Just as an example let’s say your average 3rd eye was 4” wide on any given day and would open up to 6” during meditation. One day your 3rd eye decides it’s time to go beyond 6” and starts taking in more energy, that puts more pressure on the chakra so it can expand. The headaches will continue for a few days until the chakra finishes expanding to its new size, let’s say 8”. Once the 3rd eye reaches 8” the headaches will stop. The purple light you saw from your hands was just the energy you were channeling to your 3rd eye.

We all perceive energy differently, maybe visualizing (clairvoyance) is not your strong point. I don’t think there’s anything wrong if you can feel it but not visualize it, just means you are better at feeling energy than you are at visualizing it.

Hope this info helps.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Ajud

Thank you so much for the information! It's really helpful.
Out of curiosity, was there any exercises that you did to help yourself control your energy? ...I find when I'm around people their energy (good or bad) becomes my energy, if that makes sense?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Master

Ajud I can relate to someone else's energy becoming your energy. It makes my life really complicated but I'm trying hard to detach from my moods and saying "is this Belle or is this someone else". As you say you can see the energies and what I find it the energy will stand up in front of me and identify the owner. I see energies scuttling across the floor in my direction and I'm getting better at saying "go away".

There are several things regarding your headaches - but do keep an eye on them and don't rule out seeking medical advice.

Make sure you drink water when doing any sort of meditation and keep yourself properly hydrated.

Secondly, make sure you ground yourself fully - there are various exercises you can do for this - and guided meditations I'm sure if you google guided meditation grounding then you will get something. You need to keep your attachment to the earth really strong, it does sound that your higher chakras are stronger than your lower chakras and that won't be helpful for you in the long run.

Take it slowly. And focus more on hte grounding.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Experiencer
Yes, it makes perfect sense. Start by using stones on a daily basis whenever you are around others, grounding and protection stones will work best. I recommend hematite, obsidian, agate and tourmaline as these are known to be very protective and grounding stones. If you don’t want to carry them in your pocket then you can get them in pendants, rings or bracelets. There’s more but I figured those are very affordable and commonly available. Kyanite (blue is the most common) is also a very good overall stone; it clears all your chakras and aura. Black Kyanite is particularly grounding. Many books and online sources claim that kyanite never needs cleansing as it doesn't accumulate any negative energy; personally I have not found that to be true.

So that was step one, the next step is a bit trickier as you have to increase your energy awareness. First here’s some info on how other people’s energy “becomes” yours. Let’s say your aura is like an omni antenna and your brain is the radio that interprets the signals being received. Your aura is constantly exposed with atmospheric energy, some might be too weak for your aura to pick up and some might be strong enough for your aura to pick up. If your aura picks up something negative and you are not able to identify it as such and discard it, then your brain will interpret it as its own and “become” part of you. So the trick is to be aware of outside interference and discard it (ground it) as soon as you feel it so it doesn't fuse with your energy.

To learn how to distinguish between your energy and outside energy you have to be very aware of how your body and mind feels when you are alone or in a normal state and get familiar with that feel. Doing that will make it easier to distinguish external energy the moment it make contact with you. What worked for me was to feel the energy from different crystals and stones to the point where I could distinguish one from the other. That is a good way to practice and not have to worry about negativity, of course do that with cleansed stoned. If you feel up to it you can practice with stones that have not been cleansed to see if you can feel the difference and learn how negative energy feels.

It is also a good idea to seal your aura on a daily basis to lessen the effects of atmospheric energy.

I don’t know how much experience you have so let me know if something doesn't make sense.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Ajud

Thank you for all of the insight.

I looked up the definition of an empath and such and I find that easily relatable. I have always believed that there is more than meet the eye. It has only been recently I have started chakra meditation.
Me personal belief is that were all souls that use bodies to help find our lessons and paths.

I'm not afraid of what I hear or feel. I would like to learn how to enhance it and control it.

As for energies, I do not see them. I just feel them. I would like to learn how to be more aware and will try through meditation and self awareness.

All of the information given has been really helpful.
Thank you so much!
Is there any personal practices that you have used to help enhance and control your energies?
Old 05-04-2013, 04:38 AM
Experiencer
Glad to help.

As far as practices go; I took the spiritual path. For me the perception of energy was just a piece of something bigger so I read as much as I could, met with different spiritual/new age groups and tried to learn from everyone. I meditate frequently and I channel energy daily. When you add all of that together you start to increase your level of consciousness, awareness, energy vibration, oneness or whatever you want to call it. This of course enhances whatever abilities you already have and you might discover new ones.

Plus I had guidance from my teacher who taught me Tummo and did attunements on me. Later my communication with spirit guides increased and they too started to guide me and they also did attunenments on me. All of those things helped my development, it was like an all package deal instead of just focusing on my psychic abilities. Everything I have learned I have used to helps others.

Maybe I got a little sidetracked... I guess my point is that it depends on what approach you want to take, do you wan't to develop spiritually or just your psychic abilities?