Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 26-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drthiago
if we really want to embrace spirituality, do we have to be 100% vegan?

I vote no. I tried 100% veganism before, and it served me well for a time, and after the time was over I kept forcing myself not to eat meat. I got fainting spells.

So, now I eat meat. Once in a while, I'll feel an aversion to meat for about a week and a half, and I'll go with that for as long as I feel it.

Prayers of gratitude or blessings over whatever you eat, be it meat or plant, are a good way to keep spirituality in the omnivorousness. So, I do that, too.

Quote:
I know Fish is great and it has no bad energy to it, like individual energy because fishes are part of a group... It's like grabbing a fruit off a tree, you can enjoy the fruit without killing the tree.

My views are different, I believe fish are individuals but they're often very social like we are. I forgot where I found this article about how in some fisheries, the fish will refuse to eat for a week after their fellows are harvested, as if they're mourning the loss.

It's also good to be aware that sometimes the way we fish, involves scraping the ocean floor and needlessly damaging corals that take millions of years to grow.
Old 26-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albalida
I vote no. I tried 100% veganism before, and it served me well for a time, and after the time was over I kept forcing myself not to eat meat. I got fainting spells.

So, now I eat meat. Once in a while, I'll feel an aversion to meat for about a week and a half, and I'll go with that for as long as I feel it.

Prayers of gratitude or blessings over whatever you eat, be it meat or plant, are a good way to keep spirituality in the omnivorousness. So, I do that, too.

My views are different, I believe fish are individuals but they're often very social like we are. I forgot where I found this article about how in some fisheries, the fish will refuse to eat for a week after their fellows are harvested, as if they're mourning the loss.

It's also good to be aware that sometimes the way we fish, involves scraping the ocean floor and needlessly damaging corals that take millions of years to grow.

interesting information about fishes! I personally don't eat fish because I just don't like seafood or ever want to eat it, but I do take fish oil sometimes which I guess might be even more harmful to the species..
but anyways, I think people claiming being a pescetarian is superior to being a carnivore is nonsense..
as for me, I have become more conscious about meat consumption and don't eat it very often now. sometimes I might go a month without it.. I may become vegetarian some day but I'm not sure at this point.
Old 26-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
I became a vegetarian many years ago, and after that began an awakening. For me yes vegetarianism is intertwined with my spiritual beliefs.

Unlike no other time before us our current supplies of cheap supermarket meat comes at a price of suffering to animals via factory farms and lots of crude oil and water to produce it. It costs our world and animals dearly.

Nowdays if I see raw meat I feel sad for the creature it came from how men abused it and made it suffer in captivity.

In short eat meat nowadays = eat suffering and world polluting farming techniques.

vegetarianism/ vegetanism =much clearer conscience to approach spirituality with if you are inclined that way.

Meat is great till you see where it comes from..

I agree with you, the suffering the animal receives during slaugher

Generally, meat is high in hormone and body chemicals because when animal dies, the death stress induces hormonal release to muscles. In addition, these days man made hormones are also injected to animal body. When animals are killed, they release hormones enables animals to use above its normal power so to help escape the death situation which. When human eat meat, they acquire the same hormone and feel more power as well.

However, that is not all. Animals which are forcibly killed resist and try to survive. Every emotion have corresponding chemical in human and animal body. When animal dies animal release chemicals corresponds to fear, panic, and stress to its body. So those chemicals are all over meat and blood. Reflecting what kinds of treatment they get during they are raised, even if they died in humane way, their body is loaded with chemicals which corresponds to these negative chemicals.

Also when a person eat animal hormone daily basis in long period of time, the body's ability to release natural hormone to the body tend to become debilitate. Through sex hormone eaten from eating meat, body gets that sudden energy, but eating meat on regular basis also result diminished ability to produce this hormone in our own body.

As long as we don`t abuse it and eat too much i think it`s ok to eat meat once in awhile.
Old 27-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Master
very nice read Drthiago. seems to make sense, much to consider.. as I guess especially we here who have chosen to embrace our spirituality have to try and look at the bigger/smaller picture and think about all these attached things
Old 27-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Master

Eating meat lowers the body's spiritual vibrationary rate. Whereas natural, 'living' foods containing the life force i.e. fruit, nuts, seeds/berries raises it.

In any case, red meat isn't even the best source of protein.

The spiritual path is all about LOVE. If one eats meat then one is complicit in violence, bloodshed and killing. Life is dear to all, no creature wants to have its throat slit in a slaughterhouse or be blasted to 'Kingdom come', or be crushed and suffocated to death in a fisherman's net.

And when one comes to understand that all life is one and that the Spirit of God animates all creatures, great or small, eating meat becomes untenable.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 27-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albalida

Which is the classic sign of low blood sugar

If meat has one thing in its favour its that it is quite 'fatty' and a slow release food. (Though the inability to break it down completely also has a negative impact on health)

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com