Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 06-12-2012, 06:07 AM
LadyImpreza1111

A wife connecting to her husband.

I have the spirit of a lady with me who is wanting to connect to her husband and she has transitioned 17 years ago. She surprised me by saying that she has been around me off and on from the time she passed until now. She liked that I referred to her as a "lady" rather than a spirit and who am I to argue with her?! That just goes to show you that those in the spiritual realm are still very much connected to the ways they were addressed in life.
I shocked the **** out of her the other day when I heard her because it wasn't the first time I heard her, but it was the first time since my abilities got enhanced that I could actually identify her and respond and she didn't expect that.I not only responded, but I finished her sentences too. We love it. I just looooooove how I am capable of shocking spirits when usually its the other way around. I seriously felt like I've known her forever in large part because I could think of something related to my childhood and she would chime in with something she remembered about it. It is the COOLEST thing ever! She made me laugh when she told me her husband was concerned that she was acting like I was her barbie doll or something......trying to get me "dolled up" and whatnot. Its like he's concerned she's bothering me with that. Personally I get a kick out of it because lately I've been in one of those moods where I just don't give a rip about my appearing and yes, she has tried to get me to make more of an effort there but I actually got a bit more dolled up today than normal and I appreciate the influence because I tend to forget that when you look good, you feel good.Oh, and she urged me to add the part about my split ends. I haven't stayed on top of getting my hair trimmed and there are times when I pick up a strand of my hair and frown at the ends and I know that is her expressing her disapproval silently. So no, she is not bothering me. I make a point of giving a nickname to anyone who I am writing about so they can remain anonymous and most of the names either relate to their personality traits, how they would describe themselves in a few words, or something that is like an inside joke and she chose "Barbie,"in regards to what is now an inside joke. Sometimes I pick the nickname, sometimes they do. At first she chose Barbie and then thought about how she didn't look like a barbie until she remembered how I found out that they sell barbies from all around the world and I did see one representing what was her heritage. I actually want to collect them.She had a beautiful name in life but I still pride myself on making sure the people I write about are as anonymous as possible.
On a more serious note, she has told me that despite how long it has been since her passing, the healing process has never fully started for him. He has tried to move on and failed. He feels alone because no one can grasp how deep the pain runs, so he botttles his emotions. As someone who is notorious for doing that, I can say that that is not healthy at all. That grief has to be channeled somewhere. You can write down what you feel in a journal, focus on what you are passionate about, you can even seek out a grief councilor. She described their marriage as a deep soul connection and if you ask around, you can probably find grief councilors that specialize in that sort of thing. I have learned that this forum is therapeutic as well. Just don't bottle stuff up.

I have discovered that her personality and mine are nearly identical. She swears up and down they are identical but I beg to differ because I'm so not girly (well, not without some grousing and grumbling) and she clearly was. Other than that, we make each other laugh constantly, though that happens alot with almost all the energies as well. I can be somewhere I don't want to be and still enjoy myself thanks to her company and theirs.
She was lamenting over the clothes she used to wear in the 90's and I reminded her that we all wear things at one time or another that we regret. She just had to go there by bringing up the leggings and stir-up pants my mom had me wearing.(Shudder, Laughs).

She has also brought it to my attention that this minty lip gloss from Bath and Body Works was her favorite when she was alive. It is crazy how I discover that a lot of the things I love were influenced by the spirits and what they enjoyed in life. She is also like me and she felt like you don't get the full Bath and Body works experience unless you actually walk into the store and smell everything (Well, maybe not everything, but as much as possible). She has also influenced two of the hairdos that I wear and the fact that I have never gotten tired of big hoop earrings.They are a classic.

She also mentioned a question he has that most grieving people wonder when they recieve information from a medium: "Why did she choose to go to a medium instead of me?"

There are a few reasons for that and nothing that is meant to hurt the grieving loved one. People typically know their loved one in and out so they know how they would respond if they went directly to them. They would either freak out, or think they are just imagining things which would frustrate an energy who is trying to reach out. Secondly, to go back to people, places, or things connected to their previous life is difficult for spirits too because they grieve just like the living do.They grieve for a life that can never be again.They feel like its not only healthy for the living loved one that needs to heal but healthy for them to keep their distance for the healing to begin. She wanted me to emphasize that her marriage to her husband was the best thing about her last life and that she doesn't regret anything else but he is what she struggles to let go of the most. It is because of that love that she is communicating with him, even if through me rather than directly.

She also wants him to know that just like he is struggling to move on, she also struggles too especially when something reminds her of the time they shared together. She acknowledges that her family has had an easier time moving on than he has just because they underestimate the depth of the connection they had. She knows that for him, they were always a part of each other and her passing felt like a part of him went missing that he can never get back and there is a huge void left.What she wants most for him is that he finds happiness again because she's watching him and is seeing how miserable he is. He has a full life ahead of him and she is certain that while he won't find someone who he connects with on the same level as he did with her because that love was once in a lifetime, he will find happiness again. She wants him to know that they will be reunited again. Guaranteed.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:48 PM
deepsea

Please don't spoil a wonderful topic.
I was enjoying reading about this lovely lady spirit.

You see I feel the same as her but in reverse.
I lost my husband nearly 7 years ago. I frequentedly received messages or communication from him for a good time after his death.
Also small events that used to happen around the home.

I suddenly feel a vacant patch now and wondered why the communication suddenly stopped.
So I can understand this situation.

God bless that lovely lady....
Old 07-12-2012, 05:49 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Please don't spoil a wonderful topic.
I was enjoying reading about this lovely lady spirit.

You see I feel the same as her but in reverse.
I lost my husband nearly 7 years ago. I frequentedly received messages or communication from him for a good time after his death.
Also small events that used to happen around the home.

I suddenly feel a vacant patch now and wondered why the communication suddenly stopped.
So I can understand this situation.

God bless that lovely lady....

Thank you sooooo much for your supportive post. You are a breath of fresh air.
And by the way, the lady I wrote about loves your use of the term "lovely lady spirit." She has emphasized to me that she likes to be referred to as a lady rather than spirit so I tried to change the wordage in there as much as possible when I was referring to her as opposed to when I refer to spirits as in plural. She has also informed me that not only has her husband read this thread, but her immediate family as well and they are equally as upset by some of the posts, though they do appreciate your last statement saying "God bless that lovely lady." There are times like that when even the tiniest little bit of compassion really stands out for them. My thread was crystal clear to them which I instinctively knew it would be. It matters little to me if it is clear to anyone else because this was only initially meant for the husband and if her family can validate that too, that is all the better. In time, there will also be another message specifically for the family but she also wants that to be when they least expect it. They are just in a state of shock to where even if they did want to respond, they would have no clue what to say. I must say I do enjoy shocking people as long as its in a good way.
I have assured her that no matter how hard it is to avoid saying what I really want to say in regards to some posters, I will refrain from doing so because it continues to draw attention from my thread in a negative way and just focus on encouraging posts such as yours.

I am sorry to hear about your husband. From my experience, I have a relative around me who I have written about on here in the past who has discouraged me from posting about her too much because she worries people would get tired of hearing about her. She actually transitioned two years after the lady this thread is about and I didn't even find out until this year that she has been around me the whole time. Some spirits are just quiet. Now the most I hear from her is her telling me to floss my teeth (because I have to be nagged to do so) and otherwise she lapses into silence again.So even if you don't recieve signs, he could still just be silent. Sometimes you could also be missing signs as well. That happens too.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:30 PM
deepsea

Thank you,LadyImpreza1111,
I have had one or two brief messages given to me that he is around but I don't feel him.

I do think that after a while,spirit stand by or to the side,to allow us to get on with our lives.
I am so pleased to say I had a very happily married life with him for 25 years.

Deepsea
Old 11-12-2012, 04:13 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Well, what I can say in regards to spirits around me is that they communicate with their loved ones but not in close proximity to them. I have the gift of telepathy so spirits can use my telepathy to talk to them. So that could be how you are hearing from him even if you aren't feeling him.

And yes, you are right about spirits allowing their living loved ones to get on with their lives. That is what they want for them.

Congratulations on 25 years of bliss.