Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 16-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Master
My Rant: Distracted Driving and ADD

I think I actually preferred the law against talking on your cell phone while driving to the revised version of "No Distracted Driving"

'cause lets face it, I AM a distracted driver.

I HAVE ADD for crying out loud! I can't help but be distracted.

That doesn't make me a bad driver... although I did nearly run a red light today because I was in my head thinking about what I was going to make for lunch.

So, my husband crys out "RED!"

and I respond "DUMPLINGS!" as I am hitting the breaks.

To which he says "WHAT? This isn't a word association game." And proceeds to flick me **** for the next 2 blocks.
Old 16-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Master
I think every time someone talks to me or tries to talk to me I am just going to shout out "DUMPLINGS!"
Old 16-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Master
****... Nice!
Old 16-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Henri77

Understood.... while I don't have ADD symptoms

I very frequently yell at myself "pay attention" when I sense my attention drifting from traffic conditions. It's become a useful habit. Especially in busy areas where things can change unexpectedly.

My costly fender bender last year might have been avoided if I'd been just slightly quicker to respond, when a gal ran a stop sign. Insurance was generous , but repairs still cost me a bundle,

Since then I'm quite wary of inattention.
Old 16-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Henri77

Recall ending up in an unknown town, while talking to my GF, driving at night, in my 20's. Yep distractions can be ones own talk.
Old 16-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Master
I kinda get into the idea of being distracted while driving as the more I do it the more I can drive alertly sorta on my peripheral vision. And by vision I don't mean regular sight. It's almost better being distracted as I can read other drivers motivations and can slow down and keep away from idiots.

This has merged into meditating whilst driving which helps the scenario immensely and I'm then even more open to the subtle cues.