Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 12-06-2012, 05:39 AM
Knower

Love is dangerous

Love is a strange thing. You can love someone and hurt them. You can love someone and let them down. You can love someone and break their heart. In fact, in my reckoning, the more you love someone the more you hurt them and the more they hurt you.My husband said it is because we are vulnerable to them. So whoever said love is never unkind was a edit.

Edit by SF Staff
Old 12-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Sybilline

Hallo Silke :)

Just sharing my thoughts on this, love with bounds and needs is a common sort of love between us humans. Sometimes, we love someone and expect them to love us back. Or sometimes, we expect someone to be like something specific, or do something specific for us.

But there are times, though uncommon, when people love someone so much that they just let go ----- of any conditions. This in turn would make pain hardly possible ----- I do not know for sure if it is possible for a human to love like this 100% all the time, in that he/she feels no pain, because he/she has no more expectations...

Quote:
You can love someone and hurt them. You can love someone and let them down. You can love someone and break their heart.

Love ---- I don't see how it can hurt someone? How can love hurt? It is so...... Good... When you love someone, unconditionally, you can't really hurt them... They don't have to love you back, so it's no pressure for them. You will still love them no matter what. They don't have to do anything for you, that's okay, you still love them. Love has absolutely ZERO ego. No pride, no "What about me????" No, it is so selfless.

Quote:
the more you love someone the more you hurt them and the more they hurt you.

I doubt it :) It is probably something else ---- Jealousy? Possesiveness? Love does not bind, it does not own.

Just an input. :)
Old 12-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Master
Right, it's not so much the love that hurts us as the person themselves. What happens is, we expect too much. We expect this person to be perfect, like the way our love feels, and they are not, noone is. Everyone makes mistakes, we are ALL capable of hurting someone, on porpuse or on accident. We are egotistical beings.

But love is beautiful.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
Love ---- I don't see how it can hurt someone? How can love hurt? It is so...... Good... When you love someone, unconditionally, you can't really hurt them... They don't have to love you back, so it's no pressure for them. You will still love them no matter what. They don't have to do anything for you, that's okay, you still love them. Love has absolutely ZERO ego. No pride, no "What about me????" No, it is so selfless.

I, for lack of a better word, LOVE this. Something I need to remind myself of sometimes. Too often I get caught up in well I love him and know he loves me in his way for now, but why did he or didn't he do this or that?! Why is he acting that way when I'm just trying to do____?! Oh the tangled web and tricky game of letting go to truly love! He once said to me that because you love someone so deeply, that gives you the most potential to hurt them the deepest. But believing that just set himself up I think because it is selfless as you said. Many people need to learn this lesson.

Beautiful.