Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 17-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Richie

How do we know when we are connected ?

Hi all,

I have been getting visons all my life and over the past 2 years it has been very intense. I have been part of this forum for a while now and read many books and research about mediumship.

I have been meditating for some months also and wonder how I know if i am in connection with my spirit guide or any other spirit? How can I be sure that the images or feelings I experience are not coming from my own brain?

I am very frustrated as I am now beginning to feel I will never get it. My family think im crazy and maybe im starting to believe them.

Help

Richie
Old 17-05-2007, 02:06 PM
elaine

Re how do we know we are connected

Hi Richi,
Firstly no you are not crazy,and yes you maybe connecting to your spirit guide. For years I refused to believe what I was feeling, seeing, and,experiencing.

I"ll tell you my story......I get an intense feeling of connection with people and when I meditate and my guide comes through. The feelings in my own thoughts are totally different to my connection thoughts. My connection thoughts are more clearer like someone actually speaking to me right next to me in the room.

My senses are all highly sharpened too , smell taste awareness etc.It also feels deeper and more electirc is the only way I can describe it.

The same goes for connection when not in meditation.I can connect by seeing the person in my minds eye as if looking at their picture, or just get a really sharp ime
age of them.

IMO you are recieving images and spirit is attemping to make connection. Try meditation, freeing your mind and stilling your thoughts, and just concentrate on the moment. Patience is the key and when I stopped trying so hard thats when I got the most messages and images.

I sincerely hope that this is of some hep to you, feel free to PM me with any concerns on this. Good luck.

love elaine
Old 18-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Divine Energy

Hello Ritchie,

Further to the excellent response that Elaine has already given you, I'd like to post something that I wrote elsewhere about a year ago. I hope it helps...

I feel that one of the biggest challenges facing anybody who is developing their sixth sense or wishes to become a spirit medium, is the time in which it can take to achieve your objective. The road can seem endless and you may fall into a cycle of negativity, feeling despondant with thoughts of walking away from your chosen path. If there's one thing I've learned during my own journey, it is that developing your soul powers is a lesson in patience...................................

I like to use the analogy of a new road or building being built, you may drive past it every day on your way to work and for a while it seems like an endless project - first the foundations are firmly established, then the framework is erected and like a vast jigsaw puzzle, the vital missing pieces are put into place... There are various setbacks along the way; workmen can't work due to adverse weather conditions, incorrect material ordered and a whole host of other problems -- then one day you drive past this development to discover that almost overnight it's finally come together... I believe that parallels can be drawn to this with spiritual development...

I remember becoming so frustrated at the fact that one day I would be able to go into meditation and have a profound dialogue with my guide, and then for the following month or so I would receive little or nothing during my daily meditations.

I have since received valuable advice from my spirit inspirer, he informed me that what I was doing was similar to planting a seed in a plant pot and standing over it daily whilst commanding it to grow right before my eyes! He told me to integrate my spiritual side into my daily life, accepting that meditation is an integral part of me. If you can detach from expectations, then you will avoid becoming frustrated and disappointed.

~ ~ ~ ~

Just before I sign off I would just like to encourage anybody out there who may be struggling to stay on their path...

I was once in a development circle and it consisted of about fifteen people, gradually after a month or so the numbers started to dwindle, until there was about eight. The course came to its natural conclusion and I was subsequently invited back to do a second module. This time only six people returned, which then dropped down to four.... I'm still in touch with the other three, one of whom is my good friend "Star-Dave" who is about to commence his own service work for spirit on a full time basis.

Why do I tell this story..? Were the four of us left in the group any more gifted or 'special' than anybody else..? Goodness, NO! The only reason we made it, is because we stuck at it, we continued to give sustained, deliberate effort, season after season. This is what will give you success in any endeavor and will get you where you want to be.

Love and best wishes,

Danny
Old 18-05-2007, 11:40 PM
James2612

Hi Danny,

That was some excellent advise. I have been struggling with this also and i think you have just made things very clear for me!!

Thanks again for that!!

James
Old 19-05-2007, 01:47 AM
Richie

Thank you both Elaine and Danny for your wonderful words. It is very clear to me now that patience is the key and this will not happen overnight. My gift has always been with me and thats why im frustrated, I guess after 30 years in this body I would understand whats going on. But i now see that I have just let things happen and never tried to tune myself to accept them nor understand them.

You have given me the strength to carry on as I know someday, I will be the one helping out people im my position now. All i want through this is to be able to educate people of these gifts and help living and spiritual beings in their path.

To James, I hope you have taken on board as much as I have and lets both think positive, head forward and never look back.

Love and light to all.

Richie
Old 19-05-2007, 02:45 AM
cosmic

Thanks Danny for that great analogy and Elaine for the encouraging words. I think I needed to read this too! I feel a lot like Richie and when life gets in the way of meditation etc it can sometimes feel like I'm back to square one. Very frustrating!
Old 19-05-2007, 01:06 PM
James2612

HI,

Does any one have a good web site on how to open and balance the charkras and how to ground yourself after?
I am new to this and dont want to do things wrong!!

Thanks again
James
Old 19-05-2007, 01:13 PM
elaine

I need that too as have left myself too open after a very strong connection.I still feel i need grounding too.
Old 19-05-2007, 01:20 PM
elaine

hey can you guys PM me about this and compare notes?
Closed Thread