Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 14-01-2012, 01:51 PM
thesongbirdsaresinging

I don't think I'm meditating properly.

When I do guided meditations I usually see myself in third person, like when they say "Imagine yourself walking on a beach" or whatever, it's like I'm looking down on myself from somewhere. This is also how I dream and even daydream. Does anyone have any tips to make myself look through my own eyes? And, everything is always very blurry in meditations. :/ I'd appreciate any advice to help me meditate better..
Thanks and blessings!(:
Old 14-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Suspended
Hiya thesongbirdsaresinging

It takes practise, practise and more practise to learn to imagine in first person. And it's baby steps at first.

Keep your image simple. Like this...

Imagine this image in your mind. Only look straight ahead. You can see the trees in your peripheral vision, but don't look around at them.

The first lesson is to be comfortable standing still and simply looking. To reinforce the first person perspective, lift your arm in front of you and look at your hand. Do this in your mind's eye. You can still see the image behind your hand. Notice the fingernails, the knuckles, the lines etc. If you feel confident enough, wiggle your fingers and watch them move. Then put your arm back and continue gazing at the ocean.

As you get used to first person (it may take a matter of hours, or days, or weeks or even months), you can start bringing in other senses rather than using sight only.

What can you hear? The sea gently moving, a soft breeze rustling the leaves on the trees, maybe some distant birds...

What can you smell? The ocean, that fresh salty smell; your coconut-scented suncream...perhaps the faint traces of a barbecue wafting over from behind you...

What can you feel? The warmth of the sun on your shoulders and head...the hot sand under your feet and between your toes, the wind making the hairs on your arms slightly sway...

What can you taste? Lick your lips and taste the salt from the ocean...or you might want an icecream...what does that sound, smell, feel and taste like?

And so on.

As you progress, you can move around, touch the bark of the palm trees (what does it sound, feel and smell like?). Walk to the water's edge and feel your feet sink into the softer watery sand (has the temperature changed? what does it feel like?)

As you get more and more proficient, you may find one day that with all your senses absorbed in the image, you are actually IN the image in full 3D. It sounds crazy, but it's possible.
Old 14-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Master
In my view, seeing yourself as a 3rd person is perfect for you.

May I ask why you would want to do it any other way?

Thanks,
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 14-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Master
I'm usually first person but occasionally I go third for some reason unbeknownst to me.

It's all good in meditation as you're basically both getting to know yourself in a new way and letting your higher self set up the best way for you... which you've found!

So just go with what you know and let it figure itself out.
Old 14-01-2012, 11:07 PM
thesongbirdsaresinging

Squatchit - Thank you! That's so helpful, I really appreciate it. :) I'll definitely start practicing more and do what you said.

John - Well, recently I did a meditation which called for walking through a forest and then looking into a pond to see your reflection. I found it very difficult to do, considering it needed to be done if first person. Then I realized that first person meditations seemed a lot better to me, like more proper, so I tried to do it. It didn't quite work right. :)

Mr Interesting - Hm that's interesting that you switch back and forth.. But maybe useful too lol. And Thanks for the advice.
Old 15-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesongbirdsaresinging

John - Well, recently I did a meditation which called for walking through a forest and then looking into a pond to see your reflection. I found it very difficult to do, considering it needed to be done if first person. Then I realized that first person meditations seemed a lot better to me, like more proper, so I tried to do it. It didn't quite work right. :)

That descriptions sounds like a group led guided meditation.

I once asked spirit for advice about those starting the practice of meditation. I was advised that humility is the energy that would help them the most. I suspect that the ego centric logical mind, and its obsession with controlling everything, needs to be at peace with intuitive processes, My experience has been that it takes time to establish a comfort level for the logical mind and that humility with trust in your purest intentions is the best way to accomplish that.

A young woman has a very high degree of intuitive and instinctual inclinations. Its nature at work for her well being. So if you are inclined to imagine things in a 3rd person manner, I say why not do it that way.

When involved in a guided meditation, follow the directives of the group leader as best as you can. If it does not work quite right for you, ask Yourself why that would be the case. Then sense or imaging the response you intuitively receive. It will be your best answer.

Always be kind to you and your process. Use humility with confidence and patience.

I hope my views on this will be helpful.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 15-01-2012, 02:01 PM
thesongbirdsaresinging

Thank you John. I will certainly consider that. It makes a lot of sense. (:
Old 15-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
So if you are inclined to imagine things in a 3rd person manner, I say why not do it that way.

When involved in a guided meditation, follow the directives of the group leader as best as you can. If it does not work quite right for you, ask Yourself why that would be the case. Then sense or imaging the response you intuitively receive. It will be your best answer.

John--

I agree. To me, seeing as third person just means you already have created another level of consciousness "above" the other one. When it is necessary for you, you experience in first person.

I had a dream once that I didn't quite understand. The 3D me walked into the kitchen. I saw something outside the kitchen door and realized it was "me". As I thought about how it progressed, I realized that I eventually "saw" these two "me" from another perspective, above and to the left (past?).

It was like I was watching the creation of several levels of consciousness--three in all. IDK if it was to show me how it happens, or because I had asked my HS to become "conscious" once my body was asleep. Duh--it IS always conscious so it was a dumb request.

I have yet to figure out how to ask for what I want. We don't have words for consciousness that separate "brain consciousness" from all the rest of our awareness. I can't seem to figure out the construction of that request so it isn't ambiguous! [I find my unconscious/subconscious is a very simple, literal bugger!]

IsleWalker - Lora