Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-06-2011, 02:53 AM
Master
Psycho no problem and yes we have to look after our bodies to get to the spiritual.
Spiritlite.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:54 AM
Master
Lets not forget Dragonfly, a big hug to you dragonfly also.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Spiritlite
Funny this topic is about spirituality and looking past the body and here we are talking about the body.
Spiritlite.
[/quote]

Could it be because the spirit expresses consciousness through the body?

Quote:

The hardest part of this for me, is forcing myself to see past the body indentified personality, and recognize the sleeping spirit who sent it forth into the world of matter with the hopes of having it wake Him up and smell the consciousness.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Experiencer

i never said illusions weren't real. Although I can see how it would be implied,
An illusion is just something seeming to be something other than it is.

I never said I was past the idea of not being my body. I merely pointed out that the confusion causes a lot of trouble in the world of man.

I never said I had all the answers, I only meant I was aware of a lot of questions.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:50 PM
gentledove

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker2011
I'm going to start a revolution, a spiritual revolution, in my own home.
I have a body I'm responsible for, it's been in the world for ten years now. I going to stop telling it "you can do it", instead I'm going to phrase everything as "You can make your body do it" or "you can make your mind do it for you" or "you can control that emotion that is trying to force you to believe it is you".
Every single person I witness, trying to train their kid to do something says the former version "You can do it", thereby reinforcing in that child the fallacy belief that they are their body. Which I believe is one of the single most devastating influences on the Earth.
One objection I can hear is that it might instigate a personality split or some other mental/emotional derogatory condition. But I believe he's capable of handling it. I believe all children are capable of handling it.
It's time to act, and try to change the world of men.
God's world is still beautiful, man's world is the source of all the negative I percieve and appear to be overly concerned with. I'm sick of that.
Everywhere in the world, people are obsessed by the notion that they are their bodies. NOt just the decadent west. Not just the disgustingly backwards (judgement I know) middle east where it's still an accepted practice to throw acid in the face of a woman who rejects an advance by the supposed superior gender.
What is the cause of repression?
What is the cause of war?
What is the cause of crime?
I think it boils down to the belief of those who think they are their bodies.
The hardest part of this for me, is forcing myself to see past the body indentified personality, and recognize the sleeping spirit who sent it forth into the world of matter with the hopes of having it wake Him up and smell the consciousness.
Anyone agree?

I do sooooo agree! So well put as well!

I haven't read anyone else's response but your OP struck such a deep chord with me I had to write you right away and say that I want to be part of that revolution with you!

In the Light the main error I was purified from was identifying with my body and hating myself because I thought there was something wrong with it. I was shown I'm not the body and the energy I put into hating myself for a body that didn't live up to societal ideals was wasted and blocked the experience of love.

Once I returned and the love energy that supported me for months and years after that experience waned I fell into the old thought patterns...I need to weigh thus and such...I need to be considered attractive and I'm not so I'm worthless... (yuck!). It's a prison and I want to be free! I'm getting free thanks to help from various wise friends who keep reminding me of who I really am and loving me for me (my spirit) and not the body.

I'm feeling great hope that I'll completely overcome this false conditioning though it's grip has been powerful.

I want to say to others, you're not inferior because your body is of the female gender, because your skin is black, because your body is plump/short/skinny, because you have pimples/psoriasis, because your body is in a wheelchair, because your body can't see or hear or has a speech impediment, because your body has been abused/tortured, because your body is old...because you have pain in your ankle, back, etc...

So now I reach out to others who are feeling they are "less than" because of some bodily/physical attribute/condition which their society judges as being inferior. When society teaches us this, it does so incorrectly. We aren't the body, we're powerful spiritual beings.

I congratulate you for realizing this on your own...I had to be shown.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:01 PM
gentledove

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes but after we realize that we are not the body, we then can come back to the body and really live for the first time, enjoying what the body has to offer us, because without the the body we are pure Source, but pure Source cannot see itself, cannot see the beauty that it has made in the objective world, the mind body organism and pure being go together, their not in competition with each other.

Yes, after that experience I see that my body and everyone else's are gifts through which we can experience and express creatively. We aren't our body, but our body is our temple and we would do well to love and honor it.