Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 31-03-2011, 01:24 PM
CowgirlUp

Do the dying attract ....

Recently (Mid October) my husband and I took in his elderly uncle who is terminally ill. He is a very quiet, calm person with a very gentle disposition. He also happens to be "slow" and has very child like behaviors. Since his arrival into our home we've noticed strange things/noises that can not be explained. Things go missing or are moved... then there is that feeling of being watched (my children have also felt this) or seeing shadows. He has conversations with someone/something that we can not see but because of his mental handicap I'm unsure if this is something he's always done or has recently started seeing things or people. All of us have at one time or another woken up for no apparent reason in the middle of the night thinking someone is watching us. I am not a religious person, or don't actively attend Mass, however recently we've invited him and he is very adament about attending, so we don't push it. I don't think this has anything to do with religion. I'm lost when it comes to trying to understand this however it is happening in my home and is starting to freak out my children. Some insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 31-03-2011, 01:38 PM
earthprowler

yes i do believe they do. two years ago they had given my mother 2 weeks to live and she was in a morphine coma. now she didn't have any conversations with anyone during that time but I had multiple spirits show up in my home "waiting" on her. luckily i was able to get names from them and validate them with the rest of the family. do you know what kind of conversations he is having with them? or will he talk about it at all? they could be preparing him early because of his disability.
Old 31-03-2011, 01:45 PM
CowgirlUp

Hi Earth,
I don't know what the convos are about but most often than not I hear him arguing... he also has a speech impediment which makes it hard to understand him. He LOL for no reason, and whispers when he knows we're around. I've heard him saying "Give me back the blanket" late at night. My hubby says he's always done this (Just now asking) and I don't know if this is even relevant but he's recently started hourding water and sugar in his room. He fills any empty container he finds and fills it with water... the sugar is in small containers in his drawers and then one large pickle jar by his bed. We thought it was because his meds cause him to have a metallic taste.
Old 31-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Enya

Yes, spirits are attracted to people, especially those who are child-like in their ways. There may be some child spirits around your uncle and possibly always have been (hence the pinching his blanket...). He will also see his loved ones and friends come to prepare him long before he actually passes.

What you can do to settle things is: sit in the heart of your home (often the lounge or kitchen) with a candle and perhaps some insense. As you light the candle, imagine you are lighting it from your heart, from a place of compassion, because I doubt if these visitors mean you or your family harm. Ask (mentally or aloud) for your guardian angels and/or guides to be present. Imagine a bubble of light expanding out from the candle to fill the whole room and seeming into every room in the house, until the whole house is contained in a bubble of golden light. As you do this, ask or pray aloud that only friendly, good energies enter your home and that heavy energies be transformed into light. Ask that your uncle is surrounded by his healing angels and given comfort. End with 'I ask this in the name of the Divine and for the highest good of all concerned.' Blow out the candle and let all fears go.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowgirlUp
Recently (Mid October) my husband and I took in his elderly uncle who is terminally ill. He is a very quiet, calm person with a very gentle disposition. He also happens to be "slow" and has very child like behaviors. Since his arrival into our home we've noticed strange things/noises that can not be explained. Things go missing or are moved... then there is that feeling of being watched (my children have also felt this) or seeing shadows. He has conversations with someone/something that we can not see but because of his mental handicap I'm unsure if this is something he's always done or has recently started seeing things or people. All of us have at one time or another woken up for no apparent reason in the middle of the night thinking someone is watching us. I am not a religious person, or don't actively attend Mass, however recently we've invited him and he is very adament about attending, so we don't push it. I don't think this has anything to do with religion. I'm lost when it comes to trying to understand this however it is happening in my home and is starting to freak out my children. Some insight would be greatly appreciated.

Just my opinion... I've found that ones that are considered slow or mental retardation usually are closer to the Lord because of their child like mind and the don't know or haven't been taught all the negatives of the world.. But, for shadows to show up upon him coming is interesting.. For me and I can only speak for me when I have shadows show up constantly its my company that I am keeping too close.. You have an interesting story here and I would like to know the end result or your findings because all things reveal themselves over time.. What are the ages of your children if you don't mind me asking? are they approaching 11 years of age?

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!