Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 16-04-2020, 07:44 AM
Master

Weird question about the accent of your inner voice.

I just realised how uncreative I am.

My own inner voice (when I talk to myself and make daily plans ect) has my native accent. With a GPS navigation system you can often chose the accent and or gender. I'm annoyed that I never thought to nominate a different accent for my inner voice.

Does your inner voice sound like you? I was just reading and I realised that the book needed a different accent to narrate the story but I was stuck in my native accent. Even though I was reading silently, the entire story just lost its essence without me changing the accent of inner voice who was narrating (me).

I also discovered that I am just as bad at accents in my imagination as I am in real life but that is a side point.
Old 16-04-2020, 01:05 PM
Seeker

There are atleast 7 diffrent ways your inner voice can speak to you and some of those are not as verbal as you might think.

Its like walking down a street.
You know how you feel walking this street, but there are other streets nearby.
You walk this street more because you like how it makes you feel.

If you allow yourself to entertain the new streets and feelings then you will hear more than that one voice :-)

Hope that helps, feel free to contact me if you would like to know more.
Old 18-04-2020, 12:02 AM
Master

Ha! I was not expecting such a response when I posted this I was more focused on the superficial inner voice. The voice which is my own which I hear when I am making plans or unravelling a mystery of my subconscious mind.

This is a good thing, I like to be surprised.

I am curious to hear more of your ideas.

I wonder if one of those voices your talking about is intuition? The silent inner feelings which arise before conscious thought. Also the voice of the inner child and perhaps the voice of pure consciousness itself.

I am just taking some wild guesses, very loosely influenced by psychological leanings.
I don't really have a spiritual framework on most things including this.
I tend to see most of spirituality through the lense of what the subconscious mind creates in order to understand its conscious self better.

Thanks for your response.

I will chase you up down the track at a time when I am more receptive, so probably in a few hours from now.
Old 18-04-2020, 11:54 PM
ant

What voice do you hear when you listen to a song and replayed back in your mind?

Yours or the singers?
Old 19-04-2020, 08:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
What voice do you hear when you listen to a song and replayed back in your mind?

Yours or the singers?

Well, if I'm physically listening to the singer then it's their voice I hear but if I am reading their autobiography it's my voice (as I imagine my voice to sound).

I have been taking a poll of people I know about this question, one person said "well your only thinking in your voice if you are aware of the question of what voice your thinking in in the first place".
So my consciousness has at some point decided to fill the silence with my own voice because it's become curious enough to question the sound of my own inner voice.

And then I realised that I opened up a can of worms about conscious thought which I am unable to grasp or understand :-) lol...

I'm way out of my league here.
Old 19-04-2020, 08:42 PM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Well, if I'm physically listening to the singer then it's their voice I hear but if I am reading their autobiography it's my voice (as I imagine my voice to sound).

I have been taking a poll of people I know about this question, one person said "well your only thinking in your voice if you are aware of the question of what voice your thinking in in the first place".
So my consciousness has at some point decided to fill the silence with my own voice because it's become curious enough to question the sound of my own inner voice.

And then I realised that I opened up a can of worms about conscious thought which I am unable to grasp or understand :-) lol...

I'm way out of my league here.

Tbh,i've never given it much thought in regards to the inner voice.

There are somethings that makes my brain hurt,and this would be one of them.
Old 19-04-2020, 09:24 PM
Master

Haha

Turns out that it makes my brain hurt too.