Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 24-08-2018, 10:03 PM
Experiencer
You Should See This... wow!

This geode video... just ... just .. wow. I really wanted to share this with you here: https://www.facebook.com/geology.lov...zk4MTA2MTQwMg/

It can be seen in Perot Museum, Dallas,Texas

a comment from that video: "I have a great story about this geode. I saw this post the other day on someone else's page, and I was like "damn! I know that one!" So this particular geode came out of Uruguay about 8 years ago, I was working for a crystal warehouse in Oregon, and I received this particular geode which was originally situated flat like a clam shell. I took it to Arizona where it sold immediately.

90% of them I never see again, they go into some mansion and are locked away from public sight. But a few of them I get to go and visit in my travels at home in their permanent installation and see how they've been displayed and lighted. This is one of the best displays you could create for a big geode like this, I'm so happy to see that it's on display for the public to see."
Old 25-08-2018, 03:54 AM
Experiencer
Wow ! Thanks Bubbles ! That geode is certainly one the most impressive I've seen as well. Thanks for sharing that with us !

My wife and I have talked about getting two very large cathedral style geodes, about 6 feet tall each. Two on either side of a living room display would look awesome. It's actually more than just talk, it's something we want to do someday instead of going to Hawaii or something like that.

Still not as impressive as the one you have shown us, but probably would cost around $ 3000 each if I got a good deal from one of my suppliers in China. Sounds silly but it would be the specimens of all time for my collection The only ones I think I could get in such a large display without being altered or heat treated ( 100 % natural ) would be amethyst, but that's O.K amethyst is pretty rad in it's own right.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
So this particular geode came out of Uruguay about 8 years ago, I was working for a crystal warehouse in Oregon, and I received this particular geode which was originally situated flat like a clam shell. I took it to Arizona where it sold immediately. [/i]

Nice specimen. It looks like this specimen does not have much black cement on it. Lately, specimens seem to be have a huge amount of black cement - clever trick considering that some specimens are sold by weight.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Knower

Very impressive but I think that piece is out of my budget? I have often wondered about the rule 'size matters' or the bigger the crystal the more effect it can give out...anyone help on this? I mean I work with a small piece of Phenacite that I bought from CrystalAge and sometimes I feel it's energy is amble for what I want to use it for.