Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 11-03-2011, 06:38 AM
Dean1973

My only affirmation

If I had one affirmation it would be this, as Byron Katie says:

'God spare me from the desire for love, approval, and appreciation'

I think affirmations are great, but I would think the only affirmation for me is self acceptance in the present moment, an awareness of appreciation, insight and gratitude for 'what is' in the present moment, whatever that might be. This leads to a state of constant gratitude, where I think affirmations become unnecessary.

Last edited by Dean1973 : 11-03-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:38 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean1973
If I had one affirmation it would be this, as Byron Katie says:

'God spare me from the desire for love, approval, and appreciation'

I think affirmations are great, but I would think the only affirmation for me is self acceptance in the present moment, an awareness of appreciation, insight and gratitude for 'what is' in the present moment, whatever that might be. This leads to a state of constant gratitude, where I think affirmations become unnecessary.

I commend you on your realization! For me, the only affirmation I ever use is to affirm the experience of joy. I figure if I have joy, what else is there?? Whatever it takes to produce the experience of joy, bring it. That is all I require or desire
Old 11-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Dean1973

Isn't it interesting (well for me at least) how the simplest thing can often be the most difficult! Just being peaceful in the present : ) Not sure if 'difficult' is the right word .. perhaps challenging.

Knowing that there's no one to be, nothing to do, nothing to need or want ..just that subtle and quiet space of peace.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Master
Great post,

I love your affirmation but I would add a caution. All positive thinking is affirmation. If you have only one affirmation what does that leave for the rest of your thinking time?
Old 15-03-2011, 07:47 PM
livluv

I am also inspired by this affirmation... it comes from a place of non-attachment.
I tend to think like athribiristan as well, and am positive-minded (most times).