Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 01-01-2018, 03:57 AM
Knower

same dream scenario over and over

A long long time ago I drove truck for a living. In the last couple years I had dreams that all started and ended up the same way.

It starts out I get in the truck to deliver the load. I usually don't get far at all before I got into a ditch with the whole truck and couldn't get the truck out of the ditch.
I get into the truck and start driving but within blocks I am lost and don't even know where I started at.

I get into truck and again quickly I am totally lost. I start walking around totally lost within a building and don't know how to get out of the building. Sometimes I drive the truck down inside the building then I can't get back out.

I start driving and I am in a bad area of some city and of course I am lost. Sometimes people start coming towards me then the dream ends.

I start driving and again I am lost. I start walking and I am totally lost and don't even know where I left the truck. I call a cab and before long I tell him to let me out thinking I know where I am. The cab leaves and I am out on a country road with no idea where I am.

There have been times I had to wake myself up and then get up and walk around or I sometimes would go right back asleep and still trying to find my where I am at.

I often wonder if these dreams are because I don't know where I am going in life now that I retired. Perhaps subconsciously feel lost with no sense of direction.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by open2it
A long long time ago I drove truck for a living. In the last couple years I had dreams that all started and ended up the same way.

It starts out I get in the truck to deliver the load. I usually don't get far at all before I got into a ditch with the whole truck and couldn't get the truck out of the ditch.
I get into the truck and start driving but within blocks I am lost and don't even know where I started at.

I get into truck and again quickly I am totally lost. I start walking around totally lost within a building and don't know how to get out of the building. Sometimes I drive the truck down inside the building then I can't get back out.

I start driving and I am in a bad area of some city and of course I am lost. Sometimes people start coming towards me then the dream ends.

I start driving and again I am lost. I start walking and I am totally lost and don't even know where I left the truck. I call a cab and before long I tell him to let me out thinking I know where I am. The cab leaves and I am out on a country road with no idea where I am.

There have been times I had to wake myself up and then get up and walk around or I sometimes would go right back asleep and still trying to find my where I am at.

I often wonder if these dreams are because I don't know where I am going in life now that I retired. Perhaps subconsciously feel lost with no sense of direction.

Hi open2it,

Soon as I started reading your post, the first thought that came to mind was that the general dream message concerns your financial situation. I broke your dream down into some major points for easier interpretation. When vehicles show up in dreams, I take it to mean that they're symbolising financial vehicles hence income.

truck = financial vehicle. With the truck in the ditch, I take it to mean that was the day you retired, as in ditching work

leaving truck = retirement

building = the entire mind, so both conscious and subconscious, lost in thoughts searching for income

lost = subconsciously searching for a way to increase income, maybe not mentally prepared for retirement

cab = other driver has control but is temporary

bad area of city = in real life it's usually an area of poverty in a city so I think more concern regarding finances

people = usually represent emotions

country road = new path of retirement

directionless = missing the previous routine of work, perhaps not quite adjusted to retirement from a psychological perspective. Can also mean that the reality of retirement hasn't quite sunk in so perhaps real life might feel surreal.

I suspect that once you figure out what you want to do, the dreams will either change or stop.

I don't know if any of this resonates with you or not but either way, thanks for reading.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 01-01-2018, 06:26 PM
Knower

So I guess I will buy a GPS and lay it on one of my pillows so while in my dream my dream maker can use it so I can find my directions. Sorry but that is just to funny. LOL But we don't know what will work till we try it.

My finances are enough that for my chosen lifestyle I am not hurting. But I will admit I am sort of a tight wad and I have to be really enthused before spending money. LOL But when I get enthused I have no problem opening the vault. Well opening it isn't like I am willing to emptying it either.

I have been retired for 5 years now so I would think that possibly isn't the cause. I have no desire to go back to work, not even part time. I guess I have gotten somewhat into a rut but then again it's the rut I chose. LOL To others it might seem like a dry ditch.

I have pretty much become a hermit type, which strange as that might be, is actually what I remember having thought about before I retired even. I have two dogs to keep me company. They seldom complain about me being on my PC so much. LOL

I have gotten bored with some interests and have moved on to what I know some about but would like to gain more knowledge about. That's why I am here. I really would like to get into helping others have a better life and health. I have been in metaphysics for over 30 years. Perhaps as I go more in this direction/goal the dreams will stop. Perhaps the dreams are telling me I need to draw a mental picture of where I want to go or be.

I think my finding this site could be the foot step towards obtaining that.

Thanks for the input.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:49 PM
Master

as a truck driver you would have been heavily involved in directions to places and not getting lost... this would have been a long standing thing that became part of your psyche assuming you drove for significant time. Sort of along the lines of your last post what *may* be happening is some of that involvement is being 'torn down' in some spiritual sense. You are in some sense being made comfortable that there is a way to navigate without the directions being so explicit? This might be so that you can replace it with something more suitable for this stage of your life? If that were so I could definitely see you feeling somewhat lost, because it is always hard to learn to do without a walking stick when you've relied on it for a long time
Old 02-01-2018, 02:36 AM
Knower

Often when I'm facing a change (either in front of me or going through it) I have 'driving dreams' quite similar to yours. In my case they're just about the uncertainty of change, especially if it's a large change like moving, but I'm just as likely to have those dreams when I'm considering or working on a significant personal goal. Your dreams may mean something entirely different, but I thought I'd throw that out there anyway.

Once I figured out what these dreams signified, by the way, they became less disturbing. Perhaps when you come to the right conclusion about their meaning you'll find yours have calmed down a bit too.