Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 08-07-2016, 08:13 AM
Master
Well! I guess I should be happy then lol

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2016, 09:03 AM
Master
okay try this:

Mari ir-Virinat T'Rllaillieu is the full name of my Romulan science officer in STO.

Mari is Her given name.
Virinat is the planet She was born on. Used as a locative.
T'Rllailieu is the houseclan She is a member of.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Master
... my brain hurts ...

What?
Old 08-07-2016, 10:08 AM
Master
it is rihan the language of the Rihannsu. Otherwise known in Star Trek as Romulans.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:44 AM
Master
**** how did I not recognize that?!

Okay! Bit aren't those proper nouns which means they are supposed to be capitalized?
Old 08-07-2016, 12:08 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volaju
If say you are writing your book and the setting is in a fictional world, which means the world has fictional nouns and names for certain creatures or animals, or species of things - and whatever. Would you capitalize these nouns or not?

I would say follow the guidelines of capitalizing as if you were doing so with real world animals...

"A regular noun or generic noun might be that of a category of animal such as dog, cat, or horse. These will always be written in lower case because there are a variety of species within that category of noun.

Individual species within the categories such as German Shepherd, Abyssinian, or Lipizzaner would be capitalized because they are proper nouns."

So, if the fictional "abrinth" is an individual species you would capitalize it, but if it's describing an entire species you would not capitalize it...
Old 08-07-2016, 12:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnia
I would say follow the guidelines of capitalizing as if you were doing so with real world animals...

"A regular noun or generic noun might be that of a category of animal such as dog, cat, or horse. These will always be written in lower case because there are a variety of species within that category of noun.

Individual species within the categories such as German Shepherd, Abyssinian, or Lipizzaner would be capitalized because they are proper nouns."

So, if the fictional "abrinth" is an individual species you would capitalize it, but if it's describing an entire species you would not capitalize it...

I'd say this makes perfect sense and I'm prolly going to go with this. Thanks a lot y'all I just needed some opinions and I think I got e'm.