Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 03-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Pathfinder

Disadvantages of overhating if your reason of hating is valid ?

What are the disadvantages of overhating a person if your reason of hatred is valid ?
Old 03-07-2016, 05:35 PM
Master
It eats you away. It consumes and festers within you. It steals your joy. you can become obsessed with your hatred.

I have family members that I at one time declared my hatred for. I have an ex-husband who I declared hatred for...but I found that that hate was consuming me. I was filled with anger, my blood pressure would soar. When my mom died I was so consumed with hatred for family members that it caused my BP to skyrocket and cause eye issues, I was getting chest pains as well. It truly affects your health.

I had to release the hatred. I can't say forgive, but I don't let hate consume me, because doing so, I'm giving those that have hurt or upset me power over me! I may not like some people now, but hate is so strong.. (I had to choose to not thinking of them because in doing so, I'm still letting them steal my joy...why give them that?).I still have areas that upset me and cause a negative rise of emotions (seeing/hearing of abuse towards people and animals)...but I really see no advantage for hating. I can appreciate the reasons why one would hate, but for me, I need to release the hate and my life is so much more happier and peaceful. And my health isn't paying the price for it.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:05 PM
Master
Mass destruction or prison sentences if unchecked.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:18 PM
Guide
What does overhating mean?

Jesus said to love your enemies. So hating others is definitely not his command. However if you can't help but hate someone, then at least you can do everything possible to hate them less.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:15 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirit
What does overhating mean?

Jesus said to love your enemies. So hating others is definitely not his command. However if you can't help but hate someone, then at least you can do everything possible to hate them less.
Overhating means Exceesieve hate towards a person .
Old 04-07-2016, 06:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohamfan11
What are the disadvantages of overhating a person if your reason of hatred is valid ?
Hate is corrosive to the hater. Though psychological in nature, continued hate eventually causes health problems. The 'over' part is not balanced by the reason being valid. Thus over all it is self destructive (to the hater).

Hate in general colors one's outlook on life in a negative way. It affects everything you do. Because of the blanket effect of this, it can be very hard to see.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
It eats you away. It consumes and festers within you. It steals your joy. you can become obsessed with your hatred.

I have family members that I at one time declared my hatred for. I have an ex-husband who I declared hatred for...but I found that that hate was consuming me. I was filled with anger, my blood pressure would soar. When my mom died I was so consumed with hatred for family members that it caused my BP to skyrocket and cause eye issues, I was getting chest pains as well. It truly affects your health.

I had to release the hatred. I can't say forgive, but I don't let hate consume me, because doing so, I'm giving those that have hurt or upset me power over me! I may not like some people now, but hate is so strong.. (I had to choose to not thinking of them because in doing so, I'm still letting them steal my joy...why give them that?).I still have areas that upset me and cause a negative rise of emotions (seeing/hearing of abuse towards people and animals)...but I really see no advantage for hating. I can appreciate the reasons why one would hate, but for me, I need to release the hate and my life is so much more happier and peaceful. And my health isn't paying the price for it.
How to release hatred rather than consuming it ? I want to help my friend Avinash .
Old 04-07-2016, 04:53 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Hate is corrosive to the hater. Though psychological in nature, continued hate eventually causes health problems. The 'over' part is not balanced by the reason being valid. Thus over all it is self destructive (to the hater).

Hate in general colors one's outlook on life in a negative way. It affects everything you do. Because of the blanket effect of this, it can be very hard to see.
But it is unfair to that person if reason of its hatred is valid that his/her hatred will create self destruction , what should a person do to reduce his hatred or he has to reduce hatred of other people including family member {[ I want to help my friend Avinash } .
Old 04-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Guide

Perhaps the first step is to realize that hating someone isn't harming that person. You can hate someone with the fury of a thousand suns, and they will still be unharmed by it.

Of course if someone ACTS on their hatred, that is another scenario altogether, in which both parties may well suffer.

But hating someone, even someone who richly (in your opinion) deserves to be hated only harms the hater. It takes so much energy to fuel hatred. It can become all-consuming and rob the hater of the energy to live a full life.

Letting go of the hatred... that may feel like letting the person that's hated off the hook. It isn't. They were never on the hook in the first place. And there is no reason to forget WHY you harbored those feelings.

Forgiving (isn't that what letting go of hatred truly is?) sets the hater free.

If the person that was hated is truly a bad person, he/she will suffer from it in many ways. So forgiving, letting go, and accepting that hating that person accomplishes nothing are the best advice I can give. Focus on creating a life you're proud of, rather than wasting your energy hating.