Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 31-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Henri77

Odd myths as movies, your fave?

You're very fave funny -scary movies. Or wholly myth based ...
these 2 from Finland, Norway, are based on myths but share what you wish.

I'm absolutely NO fan of most horror, unless it has remarkable redeeming value, worth risking a nightmare.

I just recommended these 2 very offbeat Scandanavian films, in a PM.

"Troll Hunter"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLEo7H9tqSM

The wierdiest, very funny- /sci fi horror film I've ever encountered, from Norway... (trailer says it all)
Along with

"Rare Exports" from Finland
Santa's helpers found in 50 feet of ice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RQlikX4vvw

the same genre twisted off beat dark wit- humor, sci fi but not as scary

Both much like a Northern European version of X Files, in tone... minus the conspiracy or young sexy agents... but capturing X Files wit and bizziare stories.

Another I loved was "Jennifers Body" ..... teen horror with superb witty dialogue... proving Megan Fox can act, given the role.

But these 2 from Finland & Norway are precious and wholly different from any Hollywood fare. If Speilburg was Finnish and on a budget, he might have made something like these,,,,, in his more daring years.

When writing-acting counted more than megabuck special effects.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Experiencer
My absolute favorite "myth as movie" has to be "Excalibur," from 1981 I believe :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excalibur_(film)

The music, the acting, the costumes - OH the costumes, the armor is incredible! Definitely one of the best myth-based movies I have ever seen, and my personal fave : )

Many Blessings,

Qkev
Old 18-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Experiencer
Jennifer's body was a good movie! I tried watching troll hunter on netflix to see what the hype was about & it just seemed too silly for me to get into. lol.

Martyrs- a very good movie. It had a very interesting plot, unlike your general "paranormal activitiy" or other horror movies. It had some scary scenes in it but in the end they all made sense. Martyrdom is interesting-although I don't think I would classify it as my favorite..i watch & enjoy so many movies.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1029234/
Old 18-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Experiencer
The Shrine was also a good one. SO scary too. It was different.
Old 19-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Pathfinder
"Pan's Labyrinth" - was a wonderful movie, not scary, just a bit tough at some points, a combination of a war/fantasy.
"The Others" (with Nicole Kidman) - great script, not predictable, not your typical thriller/horror movie.
Old 20-03-2013, 03:52 AM
Experiencer
Ahhh i forgot about Pan's Labyrinth. That movie was spectacular.