Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Master

....plus , we have to concede that he has a wealth of talent to choose from....
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
....plus , we have to concede that he has a wealth of talent to choose from....

That is exactly it. In past tournament squads, we didn’t have the strength in depth that we have now, and we would have to take players even if they only had a chance of being fit. Think of Beckham going to the 2002 World Cup, or Rooney before the 2006 one. We were sweating on their fitness.

Now though, GS has a lot more players to pick from. Injuries have played a part in who has been dropped (Maguire, James, Chilwell) as well as form (Rashford) and general fitness (Madison). Grealish was the surprise one, but maybe GS thinks that he has players in his position who have been in better form, especially towards the end of the season.

Things didn’t go according to plan tonight (we lost 0-1 to Iceland) but it’s good to get the defeat out of the way before the tournament starts. I don’t think too much can be read into the result, because there was an element of players keeping their powder dry and wanting to avoid injury. The urgency just wasn’t there, but it will be when we play Serbia.
Old Today, 05:55 AM
Master

I totally agree Neil with everything you say.
The talent we have in England at the moment is bonkers and in the lower leagues too.

I didn't realise Maguire is injured. I thought he had just been dropped. That would make more sense .

As for Grealish , yes, another shock, but being realistic I think he is one that we can actually afford to lose and probably won't miss too much.
He mostly comes on as a sub , very rare he's plays a full game and I'm sure there are very many talented subs that are coming up the ranks to prove their worth.
Having said that, I may be proved wrong and he is sorely missed.
But yes, it's a shame for the lad , I know he was shocked .

I just hope the team gels well together with all the changes as they have done in the last few years.
Old Today, 06:20 AM
Master

...oh , and if people are missing their "footy fix" it's Soccer Aid charity match tomorrow evening at Stamford Bridge , kick off at 7.30 pm ( UK time) and build up from 6.
Being shown on ITV here.
Should be a spectacle with the celebs and footballers taking each other on.
Old Today, 07:07 AM
Master

Netherlands get a win with our Big Virgil scoring and Uruguay having our Nunez scoring a hat trick……(how come he can’t do that for us) ha and of course, our little Trent doing some good stuff……..his passes are brilliant. I think Salah scored didnt he or was it the assist he got. Not sure, cos I’m not interested in watching Egypt.

Yep I have to agree with you Sir Neil….some good points there.

Sorry guys about England vs Iceland but only a friendly so alls good.
Old Today, 09:37 AM
Master

Hi Red.... No matter about the friendlies ( omitting injuries of course ) , it's all about "The play on the day " that matters most...!!!
Can't wait.
I'm worse than kid at Christmas !!
Old Today, 09:53 AM
Master

Ok.
Ok.
I'm calm now ( just about )
So here's the thing . I'm thinking that us lot on here need our own footy anthem . And for weeks now I've had this brain worm in my head singing a particular song to me . Now, guessing that I'm not meant to have it played at my funeral then it can mean only one thing.... It's our footy Anthem , YEAHHHH.........
Frankie vallie and the for seasons .."Can't take my eyes off you .."

"You " being the trophy , the cup , and how much it is coveted.
The lyrics of first verse and chorus are as follows ...
( Plus , the chorus is when we all stand up, arm in air , jump up and down , and sing our hearts out )

" You're just too good to be true ,
Can't take my eyes off you,
You'd be like heaven to touch,
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived ,
And I thank God I'm alive ,
Your just so good to be true,
Can't take my eyes off you.....

( Chorus)

"I LOVE YOU BABY ,
AND IF ITS QUITE ALRIGHT
I NEED YOU BABY
TO WARM THE LONELY NIGHT
I LOVE YOU BABY ,
TRUST IN ME WHEN I SAY .

OH PRETTY BABY ,
DONT BRING ME DOWN I PRAY,
OH PRETTY BABY ,
NOW THAT I'VE FOUND YOU STAY
LET ME LOVE YOU BABY LET ME LOVE YOU...."

I think it could catch on and could just see us all bouncing around with each win singing it LOL.
Listen, if I can't get it out of my head I don't see why the rest of you should "escape " !!!!

Just one little favour to ask.
Can anyone actually download it onto this thread please ??
I would be really grateful as I can't do it ....