Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 04-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Experiencer
The Elevator

Hi all,

Me again. So I went to bed last night feeling a bit down and only fell asleep after a while due to noisy thoughts and imagination.

My dream starts where I'm on a flight of stairs in some skyscraper. As I'm walking up the last flight of stairs I see my cousin walking with a work colleague and they are talking. My cousin sees me on the stairs and smiles and carries on going to where ever. (I hardly ever speak to her as we have never been close).

So this is where things get a bit scary, I reach the elevator I wish to take, walk in and there are a bunch of other people in there too. I noticed this elevator is double the size of the usual ones you will find in office buildings. So the doors close and the elevator begins its decent and all seems fine until the elevator starts shuddering and makes a violent jolt before stopping and the doors open. Someone makes a comment about how the elevator is acting up again and one lady quickly gets off.

The doors close and the elevator carries on. The shaking gets worse and a jolt makes everyone in the elevator loose their footing (I remember shouting something like "whoa!"). We stop at the next floor and a few people get off but this time I notice that the elevator isn't level to the floor anymore, its sitting rather slanted in the shaft (for some reason i'm not getting off, i mean really?!).

This last part really amps up the fear factor. The doors close again and we continue going down but now the elevator is shaking violently and sounds like its slipping in the shaft (mind you the noises of buckling metal only add to the fear). With a loud clank the elevator begins to free fall, its falling so fast I begin to lift off the ground and for a few seconds I'm literally floating near the roof but for some reason everyone else is still standing on the floor??

The elevator begins slowing down as it sounds like its hitting obstructions in the shaft, its brakes begin to screech in and it violently stops at the next floor although not level. The doors open and I jump out along with everyone else and we tell the people waiting on that floor to not use the elevators as they are damaged.

The dream ends as myself and the other people that were with me use the stairs and walk out into some loading area.

Any thoughts guys?
Old 04-11-2015, 03:27 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTraveler
Hi all,

Me again. So I went to bed last night feeling a bit down and only fell asleep after a while due to noisy thoughts and imagination.

My dream starts where I'm on a flight of stairs in some skyscraper. As I'm walking up the last flight of stairs I see my cousin walking with a work colleague and they are talking. My cousin sees me on the stairs and smiles and carries on going to where ever. (I hardly ever speak to her as we have never been close).

So this is where things get a bit scary, I reach the elevator I wish to take, walk in and there are a bunch of other people in there too. I noticed this elevator is double the size of the usual ones you will find in office buildings. So the doors close and the elevator begins its decent and all seems fine until the elevator starts shuddering and makes a violent jolt before stopping and the doors open. Someone makes a comment about how the elevator is acting up again and one lady quickly gets off.

The doors close and the elevator carries on. The shaking gets worse and a jolt makes everyone in the elevator loose their footing (I remember shouting something like "whoa!"). We stop at the next floor and a few people get off but this time I notice that the elevator isn't level to the floor anymore, its sitting rather slanted in the shaft (for some reason i'm not getting off, i mean really?!).

This last part really amps up the fear factor. The doors close again and we continue going down but now the elevator is shaking violently and sounds like its slipping in the shaft (mind you the noises of buckling metal only add to the fear). With a loud clank the elevator begins to free fall, its falling so fast I begin to lift off the ground and for a few seconds I'm literally floating near the roof but for some reason everyone else is still standing on the floor??

The elevator begins slowing down as it sounds like its hitting obstructions in the shaft, its brakes begin to screech in and it violently stops at the next floor although not level. The doors open and I jump out along with everyone else and we tell the people waiting on that floor to not use the elevators as they are damaged.

The dream ends as myself and the other people that were with me use the stairs and walk out into some loading area.

Any thoughts guys?

I'm not a professional, but there are some strong indicators of anxiety, and of you eventually overcoming it, with difficulty. If you remember any other dreams that seem similar, PM me and we can discuss them.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tortoise
I'm not a professional, but there are some strong indicators of anxiety, and of you eventually overcoming it, with difficulty. If you remember any other dreams that seem similar, PM me and we can discuss them.

Never thought of it like that, still don't know why I didn't get off the first sign of trouble, I had the feeling that I had to get off on my floor. In real life I would have got off soonest.

I will try to remember my dreams more and will let you know should similar ones pop up, thank you.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTraveler
Never thought of it like that, still don't know why I didn't get off the first sign of trouble, I had the feeling that I had to get off on my floor. In real life I would have got off soonest.

I will try to remember my dreams more and will let you know should similar ones pop up, thank you.

I suggest that you didn't get off at the first sign of trouble because your unconscious mind needed your dream ego to experience the anxiety of the descent. I believe it's trying to get your attention. One of the healthiest things you can do is reflect on your dream, and try to make connections to what's happening in your conscious life.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Suspended
This dream may relate to how you are feeling in real life. It feels like a rough ride, but you are sticking it out. You went through a free fall in the situation and recovered from it.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Experiencer
Jeez the sub-conscious sure knows how to traumatize. Why does it teach lessons so...primitively? Why not get straight to the point and show in such a way that I dont have to ask other people what the hell just happened?

I mean if someones life is already messed up why should they have to go through it in their dreams? Kinda sick really
Old 05-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Ascender

Funny. ..but I have had so so many elevator dreams. ...and they never go nicely up and down. ..They are going in all directions and upside down. ..sometimes the walls disappeared and I was scared to fall of. ..
When the doors are closing. ...I am out of a sudden aware of the fact that I one more time went into a elevator. ...but to late...The scary and crazy travel has already started

Well...what it meant: I am in situations I can't change and I kind of have to get through. ....
Hm...have not had such dreams for a long time
Old 05-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotch
Funny. ..but I have had so so many elevator dreams. ...and they never go nicely up and down. ..They are going in all directions and upside down. ..sometimes the walls disappeared and I was scared to fall of. ..
When the doors are closing. ...I am out of a sudden aware of the fact that I one more time went into a elevator. ...but to late...The scary and crazy travel has already started

Well...what it meant: I am in situations I can't change and I kind of have to get through. ....
Hm...have not had such dreams for a long time

Hmm. Well sure, but you might consider that there was more happening than just you being in situations you can't change. I suggest that dream images are meaningful on three levels: personal, cultural, and archetypal.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:31 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tortoise
Hmm. Well sure, but you might consider that there was more happening than just you being in situations you can't change. I suggest that dream images are meaningful on three levels: personal, cultural, and archetypal.
Wow now I am getting curious