Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-12-2010, 09:48 PM
stormdancer

Metaphors

When we think about it we all want to change one or two things in our lives. We either want to change how we feel or what we are doing. The one thing I have always wondered is what could produce results for us all at the fastest tempo. How could we create a change in one instant that really could last? Is there an area of the mind that we could penetrate within ourselves and without too much intensive training which would help us make ONE change that would change all kinds of things in our lives.......Like a domino effect................If I could change one thing many other things would change simultaneously.

One of the things we can use is called Global metaphors. Think about it...A metaphor is nothing but a figure of speech that usually implies a comparison between two things that really are not alike.

For example: you might compare that you feel a little hurt inside...You might call it "Broken Hearted" It isn't really a broken heart but by describing it that way you certainly have an in pact on how you feel...or...." I'm scarred emotionally".....That’s a metaphor..................If we took your heart out right now we would see it wasn't broken and if we looked at your emotions, if there was such a thing as a thing called emotions, we would find that they really are not scarred........and you know most of us use metaphor' continuously. They are past of the human language, part of the way we communicate...But here is the thing...most of us rarely notice the impact we have by using these metaphor's.

There are all kinds of metaphor's that don't create negative impact on us.........A lot of then create positive feelings....Sometimes we say things like.." your looking at me with puppy dog eyes"...Doesn't that make you feel a little different then rather being told to " Quit staring at me!" Global metaphor's are not necessarily bad...If you say something like " I'm ticked pink!".....you are not pink or being tickled but it feels good to use that metaphor. For some people life is a " Bowl of cherries" and for other people " it' a War!" Do you think that makes any difference the way you look at life? See we have metaphor's for everything. You may not call it a metaphors but think of a metaphor as any time you start to create a comparison in your life...When you use words to describe something that it really is not.

When you use a metaphor you are taking a Quantum leap and transforming your experience. Global metaphors change the way we perceive, the way we think, the way we feel, and what we experience of our lives....We don't experience reality we experience our representation of reality. What does that mean? How we feel is not based on reality but what we focus on, what we represent inside our head, how we picture things, what we say to ourselves.

An example is this: Maybe you are going to meet your husband/boyfriend or wife/girlfriend for dinner one night and you are supposed to meet at 6.30 . You get there on time at 6.30 and they are not there...How do you feel? ...No problem for most people....6.45..Some people start to get a little change of state.......7.00..some people have a bigger change of state, some people get worried, some people get upset, some people get angry....What’s the difference? The difference is not based on reality its based on the way we represent reality‘.’. In this case it's not been done metaphorically...But the person who is worried is thinking like..." Oh my god what if this person was hit by a car!" and they are making pictures in their mind representing to themselves a scenario that makes them fearful or concerned....Where as the person who is upset is assuming a bunch of other things inside their head...." This person really doesn't care or they are not committed or they are off with somebody else"............and we have emotional reactions to however we represent things in our world...This person may come through the door and it was neither of those things...It wasn't that they didn't care and it wasn't that they were in a accident....but during the time, during the time we were focusing that way representing things in the way we felt those emotions.............How does this relate to metaphors?

We realize it's not life but the way we represent life that determines the way we feel.. So when you turn round and say..." Gosh I am scarred emotionally"..that’s exactly how it feels...it does not just feel a bit hurt it feels scarred and that metaphor will come up and make you feel the same way again and again and again! Often times we use metaphors out of convenience, without looking at the impact, again both positive and negative.

A metaphor is a way of transferring understanding by taking something already understood and attaching it to a new idea. This can cause so much damage to the way we live and represent the way we live our lives.

What metaphors do you use in your life that have had positive and negative reactions. Have you ever created a reality through your thoughts and pictures in your mind that have been so negative they have ended up causing trouble and upset over something that didn't even exist?

Peace and Love

Storm xxxxx
Old 07-12-2010, 11:23 AM
shepherd

Hi Stormdancer

Metaphors are a great way to change programs in the unconscious mind as when working with them you are speaking the language of the mind. I work with metaphors when working with clients and its very powerful!

PS. the red writing thing I get, but its really hard on the eyes and makes it hard to read long posts due to the background colour too. Hope you take that into account as you have interesting stuff to say and I want to read them but my eyes find it hard to take it in.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:25 PM
stormdancer

for you mate i will go black lol xx thanks and love to you all but i will not be comming back nothing to do with anyone except admin who find red and being open about what i believe a bad thing.

peace
xx

www.paranormaljunkies.co.uk where we love all and look down on no one xx

Last edited by stormdancer : 07-12-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Master
stormdancer... Are you sure that's what admin meant? Or are you maybe being a little too touchy? I enjoy your posts.

Anyway... There are methods for changing a pattern so it doesn't come back. EFT and other meridian energy psychology techniques are quite successful with this.

Xan