Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-11-2021, 03:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
But you were not referring to 'GODS' plural, but to 'IT' IOW 'GOD' singular.

Peace.

I think I was talking of wars ABOUT God. All the lesser beings arguing about who and what God is.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 07-11-2021, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
You are blessed to live in such peace.
Peace comes from within Honza not without.....
Old 07-11-2021, 04:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I think I was talking of wars ABOUT God. All the lesser beings arguing about who and what God is.
So what you mean is how different people percieve their God....
Old 08-11-2021, 12:27 AM
Master

on arguing... I think people like to argue.

The problem we have isn't the fact of argument, it is the fact of randomly deciding what 'it' is then believing whatever you came up with enough to get attached to it. The reason arguments work out so well in the current scheme is there is more than one definition as to what 'it' might be and everyone is attached to their own idea enough to feel threatened when someone expresses one of the alternatives. As well we have the leaders of various sects telling to go out and convert the heathens, or sometimes to get rid of them. So we have arguments... and they turn into wars... and the reason is only that everyone is attached to what their notion of 'it' is. And noone can't stop that from happening because if you decide that is the problem then try to thrust your solution on others, you are just going to start another fight.

In some ways all this is futile; things are balanced to the extent that no one idea will ever take the whole pot. In my view the arguments at the 'purpose of life' level can't be won by any one group, not for the long term. Although you can certainly seem to win one and be happy about it, and then summarily die before it becomes obvious that you had no clue what you were talking about when you randomly decided you won.

But like I say people like arguing, personally I think it would be mean to take it away just to establish some puritan idea of how a 'perfect' life should go.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:02 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
But like I say people like arguing, personally I think it would be mean to take it away just to establish some puritan idea of how a 'perfect' life should go.

Why bother to argue? Simply state your opinion and if others don't happen to agree with you, let them argue their belief. if they have anything of value, by all means take it, and add it to your storehouse of treasures, and continue on in your process of mind evolution, but don't bother to argue with them about what you know to be correct according to the data that you have accumulated.

Peace.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:33 PM
Master

I'm not involved in any God war.