Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 23-10-2010, 02:33 PM
orli_the_owl

Question scared of meeting my spirit guide?

I discovered i was an empath a few moths agao, have accepted it and am learing to deal with it but lately something has kind of changed.
Ive been feeling less and less conected to our world, kind of like im watching it from far away or in a haze or somthing and have become more drawn to spiritual matters, particullaly auras and spirit guides
I feel like theres a reson that im here, like theres a job for me to do, i just dont know what. It's kind of like something has changed, maybe that i accepted the empathy, and something is saying ''you're ready, it's time''.
I feel like the next step is to meet my spirit guide and that he/she ( I think its a he) can tell me what my job is here, or at least give me a clue, and i really want to do it too.
Im pretty sure i know how to meet him/her; ive read a lot of the advice on here and leared to meditate in yoga classes, i think its just a case of the right visualisation but im aprehensive about it.
Its not the guide im scared of per se, because im sure he/she's here to help me and is benevolent, im more scared of opening a floodgate, of more stuff comeing at me before im ready for it. I like to take things one step at a time, and this feels like it may be more of a jump.

did anyone else feel this way? Does it even make sense? any observations or advice?
much aprechiation, Orli
Old 23-10-2010, 06:34 PM
MYFIGO

Hello ...

Yes... it makes perfect sense... and it also describes exactly how I felt. My journey began a year ago last July when I began having experiences that scared me to pieces! I began researching and learning.

I realized that I'd been having experiences at various times in my life but was frightened of them and had no one to explain them to me. Being able to research them on the net and learn that I wasn't alone was so reassuring. But I was still scared! I was afraid to go to sleep at night.. my bedroom was so black when I would walk into it that I was afraid to step into it. I made the decision that it was time for me to embrace my abilities and go for it.

In my research, I found a book online about psychic healing. I instantly knew it was what I wanted to do. I read and practiced and was amazed at the experiences I had.

My psychic experiences began, I believe, as a result of an emerging spiritual life. I had began reading the Bible each day and praying in earnest. (I don't attend Church, but am have a very strong faith). It also happened at a very lonely time in my life so I had time to devote to my experience.

Yes... the first thing I noticed was that my life took on new meaning. My everyday earthly life took a back seat to my psychic and spiritual world. I learned to read Tarot Cards to hopefully increase my psychic abilities and kept getting cards over and over that told me... "it's okay to have your head in the clouds... but be sure to keep your feet on the ground". The thing is.. if we're here to help others... and we get pulled away from our earthly experience... we lose our ability to relate to others who do not have the benefit of psychic / spiritual experiences.

Over the past year, my experiences have expanded ... but now I've reached another level. What I have learned from my experiences is that I make progress wherever my focus is on. If I focus on psychic healing... that's where I gain. If I focus on Tarot... other things lag behind. And if I get involved with earthly matters.. that's what I experience.... and the rest fades away.

This summer... in an answer to prayers... I finally met someone special. The neat thing is that I knew he was coming into my life. I had several messages and was ready for it. And it is better than I ever imagined it could be. But......

Now I have the challenge of incorporating the falling in love and incorporating this person in my life with my psychic/spiritual world and earthly experiences. Harder than it looks! But opening my heart to love and letting someone in is just as important and is part of spiritual growth.

I remember being afraid of what I might face and what I would be expected to do. Don't be. The first time I met my spirit guide, I was so amazed by the love that was expressed to me. My spirit guide had the most kind and loving eyes.

Also, in the beginning, I had so many frightening experiences. My furniture made such loud knocking sounds in the bedroom when I laid down to go to sleep that it would make me jump. I could feel things bump into my bed or even be in bed with me. I prayed for God to protect me and even not to let me see evil things. He answered... "but how will I show you?" which I took to mean .. how would I learn? So I just prayed that he would protect me. I take comfort in what a friend told me... "there's no room for the devil when you have Jesus in your heart" and I believe that is true.

I have had some beautiful God experiences and conversations. I don't know what your beliefs or experiences are... but I think it is true that we tend to experience what we believe.

I hope I have helped some.. please feel free to PM me if there is any way I can help you. That is part of the spiritual growth as well. We start out being so afraid and unsure... and then we are more experienced and the messages start coming that it is time to mentor others. I'm available for any questions as much as you need.

And this forum is so nice... it's great to be able to talk about anything. You may not find much support in the physical world.

Love and peace!
Old 24-10-2010, 04:14 AM
MoshiMoshi

i remember once when i first found my spirit guide in a vision, i touched it and i felt a HUGE wave of energy pass through me... i couldn't sit still... i felt like i was going to explode if i didnt hit something...

initially i was scared, but over time and through repeated visions, it got a lot better.
Old 24-10-2010, 05:18 AM
sunny shine

Smile

Beautiful experiences; I am happy and thankful that all of you have shared so much details about your spiritual experiences.

Mine ususally takes a back seat and rather slow; but times when i was lonely and depressed experiences increased. But i was so scared that I closed my eyes and prayed to go away. Yes experiences such as these are mind blowing; but you have a wonderful team out here where you can express and be yourself; where you can meet like minded people, share your experiences with all honesty without the fear of being judged.

Thats what is great about this forum and its members.

I am glad i found
Old 24-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Master
orli... These kinds of changes are often a little scary, because what is really changing is how we define and perceive ourselves. Any real spiritual growth means a change in our self identity. It helps to remember that what we are going ahead into, although yet unknown, is always for the better.

blessings
Xan

Old 24-10-2010, 09:24 PM
orli_the_owl

Thanks to all of you for sharing, espeically MYFIGO for sharing so much, your experiences.
This place is great, realising you are not alone and finding so many people you can relate to and go to for advce is truly amazing.
I feel reassured now, and think im just going to have to take a deep breath (or a few lol) and do it.
After all, courage is not the absence of fear, its feelling the fear and doing it anyway, right?
Old 24-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Rumar

We have another member here afraid to speak to their "guide", you aren't the only one.

Even though you're scared to DEATH of meeting this guide of yours, it's strongly recommended you do approach and conversate with them. If it's to better your progression, then you better do it!
Old 24-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by orli_the_owl
I discovered i was an empath a few moths agao, have accepted it and am learing to deal with it but lately something has kind of changed.
Ive been feeling less and less conected to our world, kind of like im watching it from far away or in a haze or somthing and have become more drawn to spiritual matters, particullaly auras and spirit guides
I feel like theres a reson that im here, like theres a job for me to do, i just dont know what. It's kind of like something has changed, maybe that i accepted the empathy, and something is saying ''you're ready, it's time''.
I feel like the next step is to meet my spirit guide and that he/she ( I think its a he) can tell me what my job is here, or at least give me a clue, and i really want to do it too.
Im pretty sure i know how to meet him/her; ive read a lot of the advice on here and leared to meditate in yoga classes, i think its just a case of the right visualisation but im aprehensive about it.
Its not the guide im scared of per se, because im sure he/she's here to help me and is benevolent, im more scared of opening a floodgate, of more stuff comeing at me before im ready for it. I like to take things one step at a time, and this feels like it may be more of a jump.

did anyone else feel this way? Does it even make sense? any observations or advice?
much aprechiation, Orli
Respects and warm wishes to you, orli the owl -

With the acquired preparation of refined mind and heart, and the balance of knowledge and wisdom, you can forge your own alignment with your ancient spirit. With the acquired preparation there is no justification for fear, as this is replaced by wise caution and conscious discernment.
With the acquired preparation you raise your vibration to a state exceedingly more compatible with those of your spiritual entourage.

If it is that you fear, then you are already ill prepared for such a union of communion.
Mature yourself into a state of refined thought, emotion and intention prior to opening the floodgates of untold energy potential. Align yourself with your own guiding spirit prior to aligning yourself with spirits outside your energy space. A container which is not properly prepared with the necessary supports to maintain balance is sure to give way to any incoming force it knows nothing about. It is not so much that your spiritual entourage will overpower you, but that your OWN untamed emotional and mental attitudes and attachments will sink you. With Self-attunement through self-study, self-development and self-refinery, you harvest the right tools to build a strong platform to sail the seas of energy upon which you aspire to pursue.

Aspire to meet the real ‘you’ before you attempt to meet those that watch from afar. You will know when you have found your Self for you will no longer fear what comes next. When fear is gone; when illusions are gone; when false intentions are gone - come forward your guides will.
-SPARROW-

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
Old 25-10-2010, 02:53 AM
Coming2

Orli I remember when I first became aware of my gifts and I also remember being so afraid of my purpose in life. I knew I had a special purpose but there was a part of me( I believe from my stern Christian childhood) that felt that I could never live up to God's expectations of me. My choice was to run and hide for most of my adult life. God made it more and more evident what I was meant to do but I fought it with every part of me. I didnt want to be different and I was way too honest with people which threatened their ego and I found myself alone alot. People today never believe me when I tell them what an introvert I used to be..lol...As I fought my gifts I began to get really depressed and I will never forget laying in bed one night and I heard this woman talking to me. I had actually just read my first book on Spirit Guides and Angels and I knew immediately that this woman was my Guide. I remember being so scared and thinking OK this feels real, this woman makes me feel so loved and accepted but I had to be crazy for believing this was really happening. I blew it off and it took me 15 years to finally allow them into my life. Trust me when I say that I deprived myself of 15 wonderful years of a relationship with my most emotionally and psychologically Spiritual Support Team a person could ever have.

I know it seems scary but Their intention is to show you nothing but love, care and concern. They are with you to teach you life lessons and protect you. I completely understand about opening up the flood gates. I was afraid of the same things but I can say with certainty that God will never put on you more than you can bare. No matter how overwhelming it might feel you have support. Since I opened myself to my Spiritual Team I have accepted my gifts as they are..."GIFTS!!!"

MYFIGO it is so great to see you posting again!!! I LOVE YOU!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Racer X

You are not limited to being an "Empath".

That is only the beginning.

Become use to "not knowing" what each day will bring.

"ALLOW" change to come at its own pace without "trying" to force or avoid it.

Accept each moment as it presents itself.

Start each day and end each day in fifteen minutes of sitting/lying in silence. Do not worry about "trying" to experience anything. Just train the body by DOING this each day. The body will resist for a time(perhaps months) but it will learn who is boos if you stick to it.
The Mind will resist too. It is a little slower to quiet down, but it to will quiet down. You will fall asleep at times, this is natural, it will pass.